Ghostbusters 3

icon

Harold Ramis chats about Dan Aykroyd's Ghostbusters 3 script with InFocus magazine.  Ramis says he'd like Ben Stiller added on, but the snippet doesn't mention the other two Ghostbusters -- Venkman (Bill Murray) or Winston (Ernie Hudson). There's also no word on Sigourney Weaver.  Hopefully they'll all be signed on for the third installment.

Growing up in the 80s and being a huge Bill Murray fan the original Ghostbusters was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I had a Ghostbusters t-shirt, the cheesy soundtrack and even a few of the toys from the crappy cartoon spinoff.  Hopefully the new flick will live up to my unrealistic childhood expectations.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 11/7/2005 08:57  |    7 | Source

Discussion

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/11/2005 15:09

Bah, I was really looking forward to this. Oh well.

HawkTheSlayer (Level 4 Button Man) @ 11/10/2005 22:51

Unfortunately, after scouring the net for info on a third GB, there seems to be a doubt that the film will ever get the green light.

Aparently information has been broadcast through various newsgroups and the media, but ther are suggestions that the information is in fact just rumours based on an old Harold Ramis interview with InFocus!!

I hope that this is wrong, because the world needs GB3, but without Bill Murray maybe it's for the best!!

pixelblink (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 11/7/2005 16:46
I heard the same about Bill Murray as well. Heck, we'd all love to see a GB3 but I know, deep down in my gut, it would never be the same

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/7/2005 15:15

How the heck can they do Ghostbusters without Bill Murray?  Since when does Bill Murray turn down parts?  Anyone remember Space Jam?

I haven't seen the cartoon since it originally aired a zillion years ago.  One of the only things I remember about it is that Venkman is played by the same guy who did Garfield's voice.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 11/7/2005 14:42
The cartoon wasn't crappy until about near the end of the 2nd season.  I have some of the early episodes on DVD that were very well written most notably by J. Michael Stracynski who went on to create Babylon 5 and write some of the best Spider-Man stories of recent times in Marvels leading Amazing Spider-Man comic.  Some of those episodes featured some good lil stories and some funny lines worthy of the movies.  It got worse when the better writers moved on, some of the original voice actors being replaced and finally by the 3rd season which was renamed Slimer & The Real Ghostbusters to appeal more to kids and introduced the Junior Ghostbusters.  Shame since a lot of the episodes in the first couple of seasons made it one of the finest cartoons of my childhood.  Extreme Ghostbusters had its moments but was only really worth catching for the last two episodes which featured a reunion of the original team.

By the way hasn't Bill Murray said on more than one occasion he wouldn't want to do another Ghostbusters?  Plans for a 3rd movie have been around since the early 90s.

Recent comic has been pretty interesting too though the character designs aren't quite as distinctive as the cartoon.

iSTVAN (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 11/7/2005 14:26

I'm also a big Bill Murray fan, he's probably the only actor I would say that about. Plus I have one of those Ghost Buster cartoon toys aswell! haa

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 11/7/2005 12:19
Whoa, awesome! I loved the first two Ghostbusters movies.
I hope Bill Murray can make it too

This Week's Pixel Art

Jesse the Sking icon/pixelartLaser icon/pixelartDrink this! icon/pixelartskuf icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app