New DA Pixel art gallery director

icon
Shonegold, as of July 3rd, is the new official gallery director of pixel art at DeviantArt. She wants to get pixel art back in the spotlights and build a strong Pixel art community on DA.
Read more information in her journal

Don't be afraid submitting your pixels to DA, I'm sure they are welcome!

Posted by Hapiel @ 7/13/2007 04:59  |    19

Discussion

mikekaliven87 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/30/2017 01:56

Cool)))

dragondnight (Level 1 Rookie) @ 7/28/2007 16:45

hi

ShoneGold (Level 1 Rookie) @ 7/18/2007 14:26
Congratulations on your DD inkspot! :) I loved that piece when I saw it here a while back. Nearly a thousand views so far and 34 favourites and the day is only little more than half over....not bad! Thanks finite!

finite (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 7/17/2007 05:26
Awesome! Great to see your championing of pixel art didn't go unnoticed. Grats. :D

ShoneGold (Level 1 Rookie) @ 7/16/2007 07:04
Thank you for the links... You are now being watched!  Ensellitis thank you for the kind words!
Inkspot I won't get tired. I have been flogging my guts for Pixel Art at dA for a while now...that's probably one of the reasons they offered me the job.

Hairyu (Level 3 Hatchikyu) @ 7/15/2007 18:32
Now what da bloody hell is that fossil XD

OMGFossil (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 7/15/2007 17:49
fatferaligatr.deviantart.com <---- who dares to click

inkspot (Level 4 Button Man) @ 7/15/2007 14:17
Wait till she gets tired, first few days are always the easiest :D

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 7/15/2007 12:35
You are doing a great job thus far, Shonegold.  Never seen the pa gallery there look so clean

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 7/15/2007 10:23
Sounds great!

inkspot (Level 4 Button Man) @ 7/15/2007 09:15
heh, I just uploaded my forest scene bit, I am user ink532

ShoneGold (Level 1 Rookie) @ 7/15/2007 07:58
Hi all thank you for the positive feed back so far.  I am a volunteer and receive no payment for the position. I am spending about 4 - 5 hours a day plus moving non pixelart stuff out of the PixelArt Gallery. It is slow and boring work but I have a group of members in there helping out by pressing the 'policy violation' button. My only responsibility is pixelart so I can put my full energies and focus onto that.  I am desperate for a lot more quality pixelart to feature as a Daily Deviation. I am putting up one each day....some better than others. You guys have some great stuff hidden away here I would love to show some of it off on dA.  Even now there is mostly a very good response to the pixelart DDs which I have chosen to display. I am not coming to the position as an expert but someone with passion. Here is a link to my page on dA http://shonegold.deviantart.com/  if that link doesn't work,  my profile here carries a link.....please feel free to come and kick me, cheer me or just watch me but most of all I need quality pixelart to show off to the thousands of people that look at the DDs everyday. I am watching every good pixelartist I can find....If you are on dA and I am not watching you please note me at dA, I don't want to miss anyone.

inkspot (Level 4 Button Man) @ 7/15/2007 07:43
Hmm, this makes me want to sign up at deviantart.

Dejital (Level 5 Sniper) @ 7/14/2007 20:39
Nobody saw this coming.

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 7/14/2007 20:11
Yeah, she gave me a daily deviation for "Truth of the Rose", so she is ok in my book.  Hopefully she can revive it to its former self, instead of a dumpster

Quar (Level 4 Murderer) @ 7/14/2007 04:12
Wow, I am shocked. This is great news.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 7/14/2007 03:58
Al that rubbish should be covered by lots of great pixels, just as in the other sections.. all sections are full of crap.. but you cant find it cos there is much good stuff as well..

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 7/14/2007 03:31
I wish her luck already. DA is, among shezzyart and similars, not the best place for pixel art.

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 7/14/2007 00:20
From what I've seen so far.. things are looking up.
She's already watched a huge amount of reputable artists, which is a great sign.

This Week's Pixel Art

Planet Thief Assets icon/pixelartHello icon/pixelartRobo-Bob icon/pixelartcaptain's cabin icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app