Pixel Art Challenge: 12 Days of Christmas

icon
Pixel one of the twelve scenes in this holiday song. This is a two week challenge so take your time!!!

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me,
Twelve drummers drumming, (12 colors)
Eleven pipers piping,
(11 colors)
Ten lords a-leaping, (10 colors)
Nine ladies dancing, (9 colors)
Eight maids a-milking, (8 colors)
Seven swans a-swimming, (7 colors)
Six geese a-laying, (6 colors)
Five golden rings, (5 colors)
Four calling birds, (4 colors)
Three French hens, (3 colors)
Two turtle doves, (2 colors)
And a partridge in a pear tree! (User choice but 12 colors max)

Rules:
  • Colors: Based on day picked,
  • Palette must be attached to entry!!!.
  • Canvas Size: 200x200
  • Transparency: No
  • Animation: Allowed

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 12/3/2007 00:58  |    12

Discussion

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 12/8/2007 13:58
mh....200x200 is bitchtastic for a color count piece.....well, i guess that's part of the challenge....

theguy (Level 6 Hitman) @ 12/7/2007 06:22
do we have to pixel someone giving someone else the stuff

Doomcreator0 (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 12/4/2007 14:49
I might have a go at a 1bit turtledove.

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 12/3/2007 17:38
I expect some top shit with the extra-long time frame.  The palette attachment is a smart move, should straighten some problems out.  The range of subjects is really great too.  Kudos to the mind that spawned this.

Doomcreator0 (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 12/3/2007 12:42
Interesting challenge! Hope I can enter one, now I've got this, my Secret Santa, and much more!

ceddo (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 12/3/2007 09:20
Oh man I feel the entries for these are going to look beautiful. Great idea, I hope I can stuff an entry of my own in my schedule! :P

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 12/3/2007 09:11
I'll be your Huckleberry...

Morganne (Level 4 Murderer) @ 12/3/2007 08:06
I have a pear tree in my back yard. Ive been begging someone to get me a partridge to put in it for years!

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 12/3/2007 06:21
my thought is probably not....but you could go with my suggestion of entering 12 pieces into the competition

spartan_117 (Level 4 Lieutenant) @ 12/3/2007 05:54
Is it okay if we do something resembling a comic strip of each of the topics ( respecting the color limits of each of coarse). Secondly, i think each topic should be judged alone, considering there are limits to each of them and each limit makes way to a different style etc.

l3m0n5 (Level 4 Deputy) @ 12/3/2007 05:20
thats what google is for brah

Shawn (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 12/3/2007 04:38
What does a pear tree even look like? :U

This Week's Pixel Art

Icons icon/pixelartchthonic icon/pixelartPlatformer 1 icon/pixelartFinal Fantasy VII Demake icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app