15 Color Palette Comp Winner - Night's Equpix15

icon

Announcing the results of the most neck-to-neck palette comp ever (we needed an extra judge to break the four-way tie).
First Place - Night

Second Place - Drazile

Third Place - Gyhoket

Honorable Mention - AdigunPolack

Congratulations to all the winners. All top 4 got almost equal votes.

Special thanks to the jury who put extra effort to evaluate the entries (in alphabetical order): Cure, Cyangmou, Dawnbringer, Gecimen, Irenaart, JerryPie, Jinn & Skeddles.

Extra thanks to Skeddles who uploaded the palettes to Lospec.

Finally thanks to all 18 entrants. We got almost no bad entries this time (which made it so hard to judge them).

This comp was to pick the palette for the next PJ forum iso collaboration, which will be posted in a few days.

Stay tuned.

Posted by Gecimen @ 9/12/2018 01:45  |    10

Discussion

Night (Level 6 SWAT) @ 9/14/2018 13:59

That is really cool!

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 9/14/2018 09:39

Download all the palettes from Lospec here:

Or you can browse the whole collection

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/13/2018 05:31

Is this a good day to go? Mid week so I guess so.

AdigunPolack (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 9/12/2018 16:15

You are quite truly welcome, Night, and I thought your accompanying pixel piece on here entitled “Flute Player” was *just* absolutely plain wonderful, especially, as it clearly showed a rather phenomenal top-tier use of your current and rather successful Equpix15 palette indeed!!  A splendid congratulations to you once again, and such a rather pleasure to meet you on PJ, definitely!!!

Reo (Level 11 Sensei) @ 9/12/2018 13:05

Nice! Congratulations to everybody! Night's palette looks very versitile, excited to hear the theme!

I say ISO, you say COLLAB...

ISO?

JerryPie (Level 11 Godfather) @ 9/12/2018 13:00

Congrats all! And a big thanks to the extra judges, we definitely needed the assistance with such a close competition. This next iso is going to be really fun!

Night (Level 6 SWAT) @ 9/12/2018 08:55

This is great! Thank you!
Congrtulations to the rest of the winners and good job, and thank you AdigunPolack :)

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/12/2018 07:20

A few days of preparation time and we go :)

Reo (Level 11 Sensei) @ 9/12/2018 07:07

ISO COLLAB! ISO COLLAB!

AdigunPolack (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 9/12/2018 06:11

First off, I want to seriously thank all the amazing people and staff at PixelJoint here for coming up with this amazing palette competition where we had to *really* get creative with the limited maximum amount of colors that were given, in this case being indeed 15 colors max.    I mean, that very set of restrictions clearly allowed for such splendid creativity to flourish most richly indeed where even I as well had to deeply and most thoroughly think about which unique colors I had to place into my newest 15-color palette myself.  And in this rather case, with the top four (4) palettes being rather, rather too close to call indeed, the decision as to who the big winner was could’ve easily went either way... but in the end, I am VERY happy overall that Night won it all with his masterfully brilliant Equpix15 palette, and I truly extend my congratulations to him from the very bottom of my heart.  He deserved it!!!  !!

All in all then, one of the most completely exciting competitions that I have ever had the sheer pleasure of participating on PJ, as it flatly just inspires me through-and-through to create much better palettes and pixel artworks from now on.  And speaking of which, I even have at least one more brand-new palette to get done and release to you before this year of 2018 is over, so do stay tuned for that.  I just want to better myself in my own pixel-art creativity that I am so ecstatically happy to share with you guys and gals here!!!  ;)

My further congratulations also go to Drazile and Gyhoket for successfully placing 2nd and 3rd in this very competition, respectively.  Really great job by the both of you as well!!!

This Week's Pixel Art

Escanor - Cruel Sun icon/pixelartswitch icon/pixelartLa historia me absolvera icon/pixelartKodama Mononoke icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app