Pixel Art Challenge: April Fools Gallery 2020

icon

Sup pixel-heads? We hope all of you are OK and you don't let the lockdowns get in the way of your creativity! Cause it's once again time for our ever popular yearly April Fools Gallery challenge!

For those who do not know the rules yet, the idea is to study the PJ gallery of another pixel artist. Look at the techniques they use, the colours they pick, the subject matters they gravitate towards, etc... Then once you feel like you have a grasp of that person's style, create an image that will fool us into thinking that it's theirs.

Don't forget to mention the name of your chosen pixel artist in your description!

Previous April Fools Gallery challenges can be found here: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8]

(!) Extended for 1 week

Canvas Size - Unrestricted.
Colours - Unrestricted.
Transparency - Optional.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by Gecimen @ 3/30/2020 13:56  |    9

Discussion

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 4/6/2020 00:41

The site was down all night so we had to extend the challenge for 1 week. :)

jok (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 4/5/2020 12:42

ha ha - I'm afraid it's a bit too late for it.

With this little time I can maybe mimic Sedgemonkey style.

But yes, I had in mind someone like Henk Nieborg. But on this stage I need like two more days.

So I will go off-compo this time probably.

- or maybe there will be not enough entries? (I see only one) then compo will be prolonged yes? I never understood how it works...

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 4/4/2020 17:54

Nah, you can choose anyone, but someone that we know would be better. For example if you mimic Henk Nieborg, we won't say no :)

jok (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 4/3/2020 02:01

Ok, question  - It must be someone from PJ?

Because I wanted to mimic one very well known pixel-artist but not from PJ.

If not then I will find something else - but maybe it would be even more interesting/challenging (for me - but also to guess who it is :) )

CountZero (Level 4 Murderer) @ 4/1/2020 14:30

Problem is: there are so many amazing artists around here, who do I choose? And how? And why? And.....

Hooooo.....my head's gonna explose😭

DimDim (Level 4 Deputy) @ 3/31/2020 15:43

Oof, will do my best to participate

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 3/31/2020 05:18

Come on guys, let's shake off the grey clouds :)

Kazuo (Level 3 Hatchikyu) @ 3/31/2020 05:15

I'm in too! Like the idea a lot. A good reason to get back seriously into pixel art for me after 10 years of abandon.. 😌

jok (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 3/31/2020 03:46

what a cool idea

I will give it a try

I need to shake the dust from my mouse anyway ;)

This Week's Pixel Art

Raziel icon/pixelartSudowoodo icon/pixelartPlanet Earth is blue, and there's nothing I can do icon/pixelartWe'll take you anywhere icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app