Pixel Joint Forum : Pixel Art : Collaborations/Challenges
Message Icon Topic: Suggest a Collaboration Project Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8
keeling00
Commander
Commander

Online Status: Offline
Quote keeling00 Replybullet Posted: 19 March 2014 at 10:25am
A isometric collab made of square tiles but with a twist.

The pic would be made of 100x100 squares, and those squares would be made of 4 25x25 squares.

Instead of calling and painting the 100x100 square, players call 4 25 x 25 squares and make them. Those squares can be any square as long they are connected with some square already painted (but they dont need to be conected with each other).

A "problem" with usual collab, is that as some example while painting a river, the painter will not just paint the water and will add stuff to it, and then the next guy will do the same..... So this makes almost impossible to have a huge river.
With the fact the guy can paint many different parts the image, this reduce the chance of this happening. The guy will not think "I will not just waste my tile painting only water", "I will not just paint my tile with a empty road"

Edited by keeling00 - 19 March 2014 at 10:29am
IP IP Logged
Honeycomb Pixel Collaboration
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Honeycomb Pixel Collaboration Replybullet Posted: 21 March 2014 at 8:09am
We are attempting to run a Honeycomb Pixel Collaboration at the moment. It is a homage to Ptoing's Hexquisite Corpse Collab on wayofthepixel.net.

The Honeycomb is made up of 91 interconnecting hexagons, of which, each artist may claim a maximum of three (they must not be touching). Artists should upload their submissions showing only the borders and a small amount of detail. When all the submissions are completed we will unveil the image!

The project can be found here: http://beta.playtank.net/project/show/24

It is still a working progress (we are long time admirers of pixel art, but new to creating it) so any iteration is welcomed!

Edited by Honeycomb Pixel Collaboration - 21 March 2014 at 8:09am
IP IP Logged
hapo92
Seaman
Seaman

Quote hapo92 Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2014 at 1:29am
I'll leave these tasks up to you guys. Once you have those things let me know and I'd be happy to contribute the programming for thejoint.

Edited by hapo92 - 18 April 2014 at 1:30am
IP IP Logged
Pix.Ed.
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Pix.Ed. Replybullet Posted: 22 September 2014 at 9:56am
I was thinking that a palette made out of all the currently commercially available lego 1x1 plates (those are the flat square single peg pieces) could be used for an isometric collaboration. With this palette the tiles could be reproduced in real life using 1x1 lego tiles. The size of the collab tiles should probably be calculated so that a base can be created for them in real life using the least amount of lego plates in existing commercial sizes. I guess an activity could be done after the collab closes to reproduce it in lego tiles.

Theme could be anything but to give more relevance to the color scheme it would probably be good to make it lego themed like lego city or lego movies or just generic lego stuff.

Just a thought for your consideration. Hope it helps.

IP IP Logged
HZoltan
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote HZoltan Replybullet Posted: 19 November 2014 at 1:03am
As I see, this topic is a bit dead, but is here anybody, who would be interested in a jrpg-like world map collaboration?

Every participant would get a place on an empty map, where he/she could make his/her own country with a few buildings, a hero and a few enemies - so there'd be also a little population.

Top-down perspective, tile size of 32x32, limited color palette, and small empty map (based on the number of the participants).

Anybody interested?
IP IP Logged
sNade
Seaman
Seaman

Quote sNade Replybullet Posted: 05 December 2014 at 8:36am
I know that this topic has been a little slow. As a long-time lurker, I finally decided to post something important for me. Here's the website for anyone who doesn't want to read but look at something.

When I started out creating my first Pixel Art sceneries in the early 2000s, there was a collaborative Pixel Art Building called http://www.mrwong.de/myhouse/. It included the work of 406 people and it is one of my most cherished inspirations from my early days. Sadly, the project was cancelled after 2004 and no more contributions were taken.

In 2014, so ten years after that, I decided to try to give people a reason to make collaborative Pixel Art again. In the very spirit of Mr. Wong, the plan is to get as many floors as possible. My spin on the piece is that instead of creating another tower, we together go deep into the undergrounds of 69 Chickenstreet and try to create our vision of what's under that garage of the original piece.

Edited by sNade - 11 January 2015 at 4:40am
IP IP Logged
rocifier
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote rocifier Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2016 at 7:17pm
I really want to join a collaboration! What about a giant platformer collab using dawnbringer's 16 color palette?
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version