Message Icon Topic: Suggest a Collaboration Project Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
pixelworld
Seaman
Seaman

BANNED for spamming with ads

Online Status: Offline
Quote pixelworld Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2006 at 7:52am

I've created a pixel base world, www.*******************.com inspired by the Million Dollar Homepage. It is a really cool idea, that I plan to improve and expand continuosly. This could grow to unimaginable proportions.

Moderator edit: don't spam with ads please. This is a pixel ART forum.

Edited by pixelblink
IP IP Logged
Larwick
Commander
Commander

Quote Larwick Replybullet Posted: 04 February 2006 at 9:25am

OK, i dont know whether this has been done/tried before (generally because i couldn't be arsed to check) but i was thinking about having a television with a screen around the size of 150x100 of which there would be a remote (much like the code thing on the joint) on which you could change the channel, and each channel would be made by an artist of pixel joint. Well, i thought it would be a neat idea, even though it's not incredibly original. I might just make a tele anyway >.<

[ EDIT: ------------------ ]

So, here's the tele, for example. Either this or something a lot more old fashioned.

Of course, for this all to work someone would have to host it all on a/their website. eh.

Edited by Larwick
IP IP Logged
Aroman
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Aroman Replybullet Posted: 21 February 2006 at 3:07pm

hey i have an idea, ok, the starter just draws a stick figure. no coloring whatsoever, then, someone else adds ONE part(like adding a hand, a foot or a handlebar mustache etc.) or you can color a part. coloring ONE part counts as your ONE turn. if you take a turn you must wait for someone else to take a turn before you can go again. you can also add background parts or special effects and stuff, then, when the starter says to stop, then we see the final product. what do you think

for example: here would be the stick figure:

then, someone takes a turn by adding something:

Like a handlebar mustache!

and a reminder by ONE part, i mean like only doing one eye, not two and... you get it

Edited by Aroman
IP IP Logged
iSTVAN
Commander
Commander

Quote iSTVAN Replybullet Posted: 21 February 2006 at 3:50pm

Larwick! This is the exact same idea proposed by Pixel Blink ages ago. I don't think we ever got round to discussing the details openly. Great minds must think alike :)

Personally, I would have envisioned a more traditional style tv, just because it's the first thing I think of when I think of a TV. But I like your version. It's very clean and over all very well rendered. It's also a decent sized template, which could be a good thing or could prove to be too large for the average pixeller to fill AND animate successfully.

The size issue aside, I don't see a problem with there being several TV templates to view from ASWELL as several channels to choose.

It's still a worthy project, so keep pushing for it Larwick.

IP IP Logged
Shark
Commander
Commander
a.k.a. Feron

Quote Shark Replybullet Posted: 22 February 2006 at 3:21am
i'd make one!
Snark, we love yuu.
IP IP Logged
Larwick
Commander
Commander

Quote Larwick Replybullet Posted: 22 February 2006 at 9:19am

Yeah i thought it would be pretty cool, glad Pixel Blink thought it was a good idea aswel. I couldn't really do much more than suggest the idea cus i'd have no way of hosting it all. Well.. i could always try and put it on my freewebs, but with my html skills id find it hard to code it to work.

And yeah, perhaps a screen half the size of that, to accomadate for a wider range of skill. And more than one tv style would be cool aswel. If people wanna make some tv's or a remote that'd be wicked. Perhaps with a screen 85x60?

IP IP Logged
Souly
Commander
Commander

Quote Souly Replybullet Posted: 22 February 2006 at 9:27am
I'd be willing to make a scene for the TV collab. :]

I am the jesus of PJ.
IP IP Logged
MurrMan
Commander
Commander

Quote MurrMan Replybullet Posted: 22 February 2006 at 5:43pm
Have any of you played the game Shadow of the Colossus? if not, i don't know what you have been doing with your lives... well actually you have been posting stuff here... Anyway, i think it would be a great idea to jointly make a colossus in the same way the pixel cities in this forum are made. piece by every detailed 16x16 piece. it would start out with a description of what should be the inspiration of the piece. Most of the Colossi in the game were loosely based off animals. So the inspiration would probably be an animal. then it would progress and such.

if you dont know what this game is i suggest you google it. I think you would rather find out for yourselves what the game is all about, but basically the Colossi are huge moving, well... colossuses. really cool.  An example of on the is being pixeled right now is in the WIP section

but i am thinking that maybew it should be put on hold, if you guys think it should be done, until the PJ game has been worked on for a while because it seem like it needs some focus...

Edited by MurrMan
IP IP Logged
Aroman
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Aroman Replybullet Posted: 02 March 2006 at 4:50pm
ok, here is a possability, ok it could be called: Pass the _____(enter object) and it could be where one person makes an animation, and it has to be about a person or something finding an object(depending on title) then losing it. it then, we put all of the submissions together to make a mini movie. so for example, it could be called Pass the Beer. then someone makes an animation of a guy finding a can of beer, then the guy gets it sprayed in his eyes and drops it, then it rolls out of the frame, then it goes onto someone elses animation, and it could be edited so the beer can rolls to them, then it just repeats. what do you guys think?
IP IP Logged
Larwick
Commander
Commander

Quote Larwick Replybullet Posted: 03 March 2006 at 4:10am
I like that idea Aroman, and would definetely participate. Although not many people have animation software.
IP IP Logged
Aroman
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Aroman Replybullet Posted: 03 March 2006 at 2:39pm

well i know quite a few people have some sort of animation, but for the people who dont have animation, they could post their idea and then someone else could do the animation for them, or somethin, like in the credits i could put: scene__ artist___ Idea by___ so should i start my idea or?

IP IP Logged
Aroman
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Aroman Replybullet Posted: 08 March 2006 at 6:06pm

only here could be an example of what someone could do for a "Pass the Lightsaber":

(i know it is crap, but it is just to show that the item comes in, then gets lost)

IP IP Logged
Fugitive
Commander
Commander

Quote Fugitive Replybullet Posted: 06 April 2006 at 5:15pm

Make your own monopoly money...

A set of Monopoly Money Contains:

• 40 $1s
  • 40 $5s
  • 40 $10s
  • 48 $20s
  • 23 $50s
  • 23 $100s
  • 23 $500s

Needs to much work...

Edited by Fugitive
Fugitve is playing on his XBox 360
IP IP Logged
The B.O.B.
Commander
Commander

Quote The B.O.B. Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2006 at 4:51pm

Me gots an Idea. Lets say someone here were willing to make a huge piece of lineart, maybe a person, background, or object, and this line art were to be separated into so many squares. Each member who participates will choose which square( or even 2, but their squares must not be adjacent to one other) they want, and color it in there own style. So the final product will be one giant piece of work, composed of many different views on pixel art, style, and communication. The hard part will be trying to find out who is willing to draw such a large piece of line art...

Oh well, just an idea from a guy who never participates in forum collabs anyway...can't wait to see what you guys come up with...

Edited by The B.O.B. - 12 April 2009 at 7:28pm
IP IP Logged
Larwick
Commander
Commander

Quote Larwick Replybullet Posted: 23 April 2006 at 3:58pm

It could be that everyone collaborates in making a huge piece with lots of lineart and then once completed they would all start colouring it (colouring each others tiles). I mean, it would probably take ages, but still...

I really feel like collaborating in making a large non-iso piece. Like a glade in a forest, with lots of creatures etc scurrying around in the dark. I spose it doesnt really work if i already have an imagination of how it will turn out...

IP IP Logged
Fugitive
Commander
Commander

Quote Fugitive Replybullet Posted: 25 April 2006 at 4:02am

How about something like a Patchwork quilt Collaboration Project...

Patch Size: 64x64

Rough example:

Edited by Fugitive
IP IP Logged
Larwick
Commander
Commander

Quote Larwick Replybullet Posted: 25 April 2006 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Fugitive

How about something like a Patchwork quilt Collaboration Project...

Patch Size: 64x64

Rough example:

I like the sound of that, although to make it less like a bunch of tiled images put together it could perhaps have more of the style of a patchwork quilt (either with just subtle stitching on the sides of tiles, a low pastelly pallette or having 'dotted' work... etc)

IP IP Logged
Fugitive
Commander
Commander

Quote Fugitive Replybullet Posted: 29 April 2006 at 7:03am

Originally posted by Larwick

I like the sound of that, although to make it less like a bunch of tiled images put together it could perhaps have more of the style of a patchwork quilt (either with just subtle stitching on the sides of tiles, a low pastelly pallette or having 'dotted' work... etc)

Yeah!

We just need a good template collaboration project...

IP IP Logged
Skull
Commander
Commander
PJ Pioneer

Quote Skull Replybullet Posted: 29 April 2006 at 1:14pm

Originally posted by Larwick

Yeah!

We just need a good template collaboration project...

Well, if you take that rather spiffy scene, I think that could work.
IP IP Logged
Fugitive
Commander
Commander

Quote Fugitive Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2006 at 7:58am

Patchwork quilt Collaboration Project...

Patch Template Size: 61x63 (That include the black outline...)

IP IP Logged
Skull
Commander
Commander
PJ Pioneer

Quote Skull Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2006 at 8:16am

Any particular theme?
IP IP Logged
Fugitive
Commander
Commander

Quote Fugitive Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2006 at 5:25am

Etch-A-Sketch Collaboration Project..

All this needs is for someone to pixel one of these for a good template...

http://www.tinman.org/ts/EtchASketch.jpg

The only bad thing about this idea is that you can only use one color(black) for your Pixel-A-Sketch....

IP IP Logged
Biopharmer
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Biopharmer Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2006 at 1:01pm
Oooh! Iv'e got an idea, why don't we make a search for the best overall program to make pixel art in, but have like three categories like: most user-frendly, or most productive program, or most handy etc.
And if possible we could make a wiki to catologue all of it,

OR OR OR!!! collaborate to make a big pixel art wikibook, 'cause those are free to make! And it would be extensive,

OR!! just collab to make an actual BOOK!!! It would have techniques and lists of programs to use and i know just the company that would publish it!!! The no starch press!!! They published the book on how to use Blender 3D!!! I know they'd publish it! If the project got big enough! The blender book is over 700 pages long! and if this werer extensive enough it would be the ultamate pixeller's companion! We could stuff it full of the best tutorials on the net! it would talk about isommetrics, and line art and transparency, and lighting and tips and tricks and dolling too!!! It would be awsome and pixeljoint could get some of the profit from it! so they could become bigger and better! and it could have a cd in the back of the book like the blender book! And the cd could have the gimp on it, or like paint.net, and templates and examples etc.!!!
Oooh! the middle of the book could have a gallery section too!!! COOL COOL COOL! this is so good sounding it's making me cry! What do you guys think? would you help? how would we do it? who would get the money from it? tell me!
IP IP Logged
Biopharmer
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Biopharmer Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2006 at 1:22pm
whoa! hang on! should i just make a new topic for the above mentioned book?
I'm just an erasure
IP IP Logged
Souly
Commander
Commander

Quote Souly Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2006 at 2:25pm
No.

I am the jesus of PJ.
IP IP Logged
Spoon
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Spoon Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2006 at 8:52am
I quite like sabs idea, could work pretty well :)
IP IP Logged
The Pixellator
Seaman
Seaman

Quote The Pixellator Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2006 at 12:36pm

how about we do just a giant topdown map like ffrom an rpg, people can add or edit what ever they like of the previous work so eventually it will get really big with everyones stuff added on

IP IP Logged
Larwick
Commander
Commander

Quote Larwick Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2006 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by The Pixellator

how about we do just a giant topdown map like ffrom an rpg, people can add or edit what ever they like of the previous work so eventually it will get really big with everyones stuff added on

Sounds cool to me.
IP IP Logged
The Pixellator
Seaman
Seaman

Quote The Pixellator Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2006 at 4:07am
It would be good if someone could let us use there ground and water tiles so we all keep to the same style
IP IP Logged
Larwick
Commander
Commander

Quote Larwick Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2006 at 5:00am
Nah i dont think there's any point in rushing ahead like that, otherwise it'll be less of a collaboration between all members. I say get a grid with general sized tiles first (im not sure how large/small they would be, you'll have to investigate).
IP IP Logged
The Pixellator
Seaman
Seaman

Quote The Pixellator Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2006 at 9:53am
maybe we could work it this way, people can add as much or as little as they want and we have a common tileset that people could add on to as the project goes on, heres a good starting point. I know the tiles aren't very good but as people make new areas they could edit old ones and change the tileset so it looks better

Edited by The Pixellator
IP IP Logged
The Pixellator
Seaman
Seaman

Quote The Pixellator Replybullet Posted: 01 June 2006 at 9:30am
I know this is a double post but I have another idea, how about a street where people make shop fronts to add on

Edited by The Pixellator
IP IP Logged
Fugitive
Commander
Commander

Quote Fugitive Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2006 at 3:39am

Etch-A-Sketch Collaboration Project..

All this needs is for someone to pixel one of these for a good template...

http://www.tinman.org/ts/EtchASketch.jpg

The only bad thing about this idea is that you can only use one color(black) for your Pixel-A-Sketch....

Something like this...

IP IP Logged
Ensellitis
Commander
Commander

Quote Ensellitis Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2006 at 3:51am
The knobs should be bigger and more to the sides...  And the sides are a bit wider:

You could also add "Pixel Joint" in gold at the top, and trace the outline of our mascot to put in the box.  Good start!
ಠ_ಠ
There's a pubic hair on my keyboard. What the f**k?? I "mow the lawn" so it's not mine. Gross.
IP IP Logged
Fugitive
Commander
Commander

Quote Fugitive Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2006 at 5:23am

Originally posted by Ensellitis

The knobs should be bigger and more to the sides...  And the sides are a bit wider:

You could also add "Pixel Joint" in gold at the top, and trace the outline of our mascot to put in the box.  Good start!

That was just a very quick example!

But anyway, I like your ideas...

IP IP Logged
Ensellitis
Commander
Commander

Quote Ensellitis Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2006 at 9:05am
I want to do this collab, then my experience I learned from the one long line I did won't be in vain.  
ಠ_ಠ
There's a pubic hair on my keyboard. What the f**k?? I "mow the lawn" so it's not mine. Gross.
IP IP Logged
Fugitive
Commander
Commander

Quote Fugitive Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2006 at 9:08am

I want to do this collab, then my experience I learned from the one long line I did won't be in vain.  

lol

IP IP Logged
Ensellitis
Commander
Commander

Quote Ensellitis Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2006 at 5:29pm
I got an idea for a collab...  How about making some small (32 by 32) icons for the PJ ranks?

I.E. The ranks I made before:

ಠ_ಠ
IP IP Logged
Flameruler13
Commander
Commander

Quote Flameruler13 Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2006 at 7:35pm
i like that idea
IP IP Logged
Skull
Commander
Commander
PJ Pioneer

Quote Skull Replybullet Posted: 10 June 2006 at 2:02am

That is soo sweet - it's a great idea.
IP IP Logged
Brian the Great
Commander
Commander
RED!

Quote Brian the Great Replybullet Posted: 10 June 2006 at 11:30am
Here are some ranks I made before:

Ignore the crap around.
IP IP Logged
Xisto
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Xisto Replybullet Posted: 10 June 2006 at 10:32pm
How about to make ur mugshot!? i make one base here =PPP

im busy now, i will upload the base after
IP IP Logged
Xisto
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Xisto Replybullet Posted: 10 June 2006 at 11:18pm
IP IP Logged
Fugitive
Commander
Commander

Quote Fugitive Replybullet Posted: 26 July 2006 at 7:06am
How about a members crests or coat of arms collab, something like these... Click Here
IP IP Logged
Skull
Commander
Commander
PJ Pioneer

Quote Skull Replybullet Posted: 26 July 2006 at 7:10am
A crest - What a great idea.. I know Gas 13's made one, and it looks great.   

IP IP Logged
Fugitive
Commander
Commander

Quote Fugitive Replybullet Posted: 27 July 2006 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Skull

Cool   do you have a link ?
IP IP Logged
Skull
Commander
Commander
PJ Pioneer

Quote Skull Replybullet Posted: 27 July 2006 at 8:36am

Yar
IP IP Logged
Fugitive
Commander
Commander

Quote Fugitive Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2006 at 7:21am

Yar

That looks sweet.. 

Edited by Fugitive - 14 August 2006 at 7:22am
IP IP Logged
zAk
Seaman
Seaman

Quote zAk Replybullet Posted: 25 August 2006 at 3:10pm
Damn - i cant believe i never went to the PJ forum to check out. Anyways i have a pretty nice (IMO) idea. Couple days ago i was looking for the good old Sim City 2000, what i found was a simple 8,8MB (for mac...) download with the game and something called Sim City Urban Renewal Kit (SCURK). I checked it out and found out that generally this was a program allowing you to repixel, or replace any building in the whole game (including airplanes and the ship). I dont know if anyone here loves Sim City 2000 but im sure we could create separate buildings and create building tiles that would acctually work in the game. I think this would allow people such as me, a person that has no idea about game making, to take the role of designing a computer game. We could repeat this a couple of times even with themes, times etc etc!

The only problem i see so far would be that every person here would have to own SC and SCuRK. I found a Mac version but havent looked for a Windows version.

So whaddaya think??? I think this could be quite successfull...

Here's the link to the download of the game and the SCURK for MacOS Classic:
http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Games/SimCity-2000.shtml

Respect!
zAk
IP IP Logged
Okko
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Okko Replybullet Posted: 06 September 2006 at 1:56pm

Hello there,

Back from my role playing evening at work, I get a crappy idea in the subway. And I think this is the right place for giving it a (maybe) life.

I just hope it haven't been done before, at least I didn't find it in search tool (but I must admit I've been lazy and didn't search in all post).

No more suspens, here's the idea :
Draw an avatar disguised in another avatar.

I mean, this is "carnaval" (or halloween). Choose a first avatar (yours on someone else's one), now imagine how this first avatar would disguised in a second avatar of your choice.

I don't think we need limitation here :)

Hmm... of course it looks weird that a guy without avatar talk about an avatar based subject :) Worst, I don't think I have enough skill yet to make a cool submission for this collab. But I may give it a try.

What do you think ?
One day I will find a great, cool, funny and original signature. One day.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version