Job Offerings
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: [Unpaid] NES gameproject looking for pixel artists Post Reply Post New Topic
xofeht
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote xofeht Replybullet Topic: [Unpaid] NES gameproject looking for pixel artists
    Posted: 01 May 2010 at 5:22am
Hey everybody,

Are there any aspiring pixel artists around here who would be interested in contributing to a homebrewn 8-bit NES game? It seems incredibly hard to find good pixel artists, where are they all hiding?

The plans for the game are still wide open but I have some ideas. I would be programming the game and some other people might come on-board also. I already have a lot of general engine stuff figured out and implemented, like multi-directional scrolling, collision detection and music player.

Couple of things to note:

1) This is a non-paying job, however if the game gets finished it can be put on cartridges and sold on http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=23 or somewhere else for some profit.

2) Creating "commercial quality" NES game is by no means a small project, so a lot of time and determination is needed. :) Graphics, level design etc is probably the most time consuming part of a project like this.

3) NES is a limited platform. You need to be willing to learn these limitations (I can help with that) and find ways to work around them.

So, to put it short, if you have always dreamed of making your own game, contact me. :)

-thefox <thefox@aspekt.fi>

(Note: I posted exact copy of this message on dA)
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version