WIP (Work In Progress)
 Pixel Joint Forum : Pixel Art : WIP (Work In Progress)
Message Icon Topic: [Collab] Castle Design Tileset Post Reply Post New Topic
Aeranima
Midshipman
Midshipman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Aeranima Replybullet Topic: [Collab] Castle Design Tileset
    Posted: 14 June 2012 at 4:35pm
NOTE! I know about the grammar fail at the mockup below. XD

Back again with the damn castle. I really need creative/artistic people to help me so I'll ask nicely! :D Can you pleeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase help me? I've done ALL custom tiles for this hack with a little inspiration from different areas.

Here's the castle:

It started out looking like this and after I've worked some non-magic on it, I had it looking like this:

So, feel free to edit the entire castle and post your version here. The winner will be awarded $1.000.000...NOT!

OkeY! To get your attention I've posted images below and info regarding this hack and why it's so damn special!

Let's begin...

WIP Project started 2008.

I've been working on graphics and illustrations for 4 years and have finally begun to try understanding Hyrule Magic which will take another 4 years to understand if there's none to help me speed up the process. :P

However, here's what I got regarding this illustrated ROM-hack:

New Items

- The Magnet can be used to attract or repel magnetized objects. If the affected object is stuck in the ground, Link will attract or repel himself accordingly. Opposite polarities will attract each other, and equal polarities will repel each other.

-Lens of Truth is a magical looking glass that can see through any illusion, such as hidden doors, pits and other things. It may also be used to ascertain the contents of a large Treasure Chest before opening it. The Lens of Truth will slowly drain the user of magic power. It acts only in the middle of the screen like the Lamp item.

- It is the 2nd of 2 main treasures hidden inside of the Sky Temple in the Light World. It is needed to stand against hard blowing winds and slippery surfaces.

- Found in the deep caves of Death Mountain in the Dark World. The Cane of Liluri transforms your enemies into statues as long as you have magic power. (Good for dungeon switches) It can be used to create platforms as well. It drains the magic power quite fast, so only use it when you need to.

- The Bombchu is a self-propelled variant of the bomb. The name comes from the fact that it is an explosive ("Bomb") and the fact that it resembles a mouse ("chu" being a Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound a mouse makes). It's a remote-controlled bomb you can control where ever you want (floor only) before it detonates and blow the entire area into pieces.

Passage Grid

Soon finished with the light world. The only thing left is the castle which SePH (From parallel Worlds) and I is trying to edit at the moment. Feel free to help us! :O

Mapping

I want to hear all of your opinions! I don't care if you have to register to give me your thoughts on this, so register/do what ever and let me know what you think.

A few spoilers...

Lake Hylia and the Dark World teleport to Snowy Plains.

Here you'll need the Magic Hammer from Death Mountain to enter Lake Hylia.

Twin Lumberjacks - Mini game area.

Arrow shooting mini game found here.

Gerudo Desert aka Desert Of Mystery - Puzzle Dungeon.

Here you'll find a Piece Of Heart.

Thieves Grove - Hidden passage to Hyrule Castle.

The secret passage to Hyrule Castle through the dark underground dungeons.

Plains Of Ruin - The main Dark World teleport. UPDATED!

Here you'll be able to use the main teleport to Dark World.
I've fixed the graphic bugs on this area. Were tired when I edited this. XD

Bridge Of Failure - Custom made bridge.

Here you can see the custom made bridge the way to Gerudo Desert.

-Aeranima

Edited by Aeranima - 15 June 2012 at 6:05am
IP IP Logged
Mhyre
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Mhyre Replybullet Posted: 14 June 2012 at 7:17pm
The levels look very nice, but I sure hope you're not making a game out of this, because you could be sued.
IP IP Logged
Elk
Commander
Commander

Quote Elk Replybullet Posted: 14 June 2012 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Mhyre

The levels look very nice, but I sure hope you're not making a game out of this, because you could be sued.

Depends, if hes making it free to use and without any services, then he shouldn't be sueable, as he wouldn't profit off it but spread the old zeldastyle even further

Reallyreally nice work!
IP IP Logged
Mhyre
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Mhyre Replybullet Posted: 14 June 2012 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Elk

Originally posted by Mhyre

Depends, if hes making it free to use and without any services, then he shouldn't be sueable, as he wouldn't profit off it but spread the old zeldastyle even further

Reallyreally nice work!

That's true, I just wanted to point out that using the old zelda tiles could be problematic, but if it's just a non commercial collab, why the hell not :p
IP IP Logged
Aeranima
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Aeranima Replybullet Posted: 15 June 2012 at 4:08am
Lol, what the hell?
Ofc it's not a profit-related development? XD It's all free and will be developed for all those Zelda III-fans out there. XD

Thanks for the great criticism though!

-Aeranima
IP IP Logged
Zeratanus
Commander
Commander

Quote Zeratanus Replybullet Posted: 15 June 2012 at 5:17am
With the bridge, the top side has two statues that would be blocking the sides of it up there. I'd make sure there arent things like that blocking stuff.

Whats up with Pink Link? (Ha. that's fun to say)

Everything looks okay. Do you plan on redoing every tile, or are you mostly reusing the LTTP ones?
IP IP Logged
Aeranima
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Aeranima Replybullet Posted: 15 June 2012 at 5:25am
Originally posted by Zeratanus

With the bridge, the top side has two statues that would be blocking the sides of it up there. I'd make sure there arent things like that blocking stuff.

Whats up with Pink Link? (Ha. that's fun to say)

Everything looks okay. Do you plan on redoing every tile, or are you mostly reusing the LTTP ones?

Hi Zera.

Yeah well, I'm not satisfied with how the bridge look at the moment. :/ I can do so much better. And the statues yeah, they are in the way... I'll have to come back to that area in a later occation. I'm currently looking at Super Mario 64 speedrun for inspiration for quests.

And yeah, I'll keep the old tiles since I want to keep the original feel to ALTTP. I've done slight edits to the houses, signs etc. But I'm sure you'll enjoy what you'll play. ^^

-Aeranima

Edited by Aeranima - 15 June 2012 at 5:26am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version