Job Offerings
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: [Unpaid/Paid - Read Message] SPRITE ARTIST NEEDED Post Reply Post New Topic
2vrsable
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote 2vrsable Replybullet Topic: [Unpaid/Paid - Read Message] SPRITE ARTIST NEEDED
    Posted: 19 July 2013 at 9:08am
Looking for an experienced pixel artist for a Pokemon game. If you are interested in this project, please contact me at umbraltair347@gmail.com for more info. After enough work is done to start a kickstarter campaign, then the job could be paid for. We're looking for somebody to do backgrounds, characters, and other parts of the game involving sprites.
Thank you for your time,
Nick
IP IP Logged
PiriPiri
Seaman
Seaman

Quote PiriPiri Replybullet Posted: 24 July 2013 at 1:09am
Sorry, but are you allowed to make a pokémon game? Kickstarter won't be a good idea, when you don't have a permission from Nintendo, it's not open source.

Edited by PiriPiri - 24 July 2013 at 1:09am
IP IP Logged
Patt-Ytto
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Patt-Ytto Replybullet Posted: 24 July 2013 at 2:23am
Most likely he isn't. Probably never even thought of the implications of wanting to make money out of a copyrighted franchise.
IP IP Logged
daLk
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote daLk Replybullet Posted: 24 July 2013 at 4:06am
I know there are shameless and stupid people, but... I'm pretty sure he means it as "pokemon-like game".

Edited by daLk - 24 July 2013 at 4:06am
IP IP Logged
2vrsable
Seaman
Seaman

Quote 2vrsable Replybullet Posted: 24 July 2013 at 10:02am
What I meant by it is a game that isn't for money, or for marketing, but a game that can be free to play by all as a ROM. Maybe this clears things up a bit in the way of how I'd make a Kickstarter or IndieGogo or something like that, because the game would be free already, so people can donate money if they want to see the game get done faster or whatever. It's not a direct violation of Nintendo code, because they're donating, not paying you for using the Pokemon name.
IP IP Logged
daLk
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote daLk Replybullet Posted: 24 July 2013 at 12:04pm
Ah... A fan game, then ?  I take back my words, well part of it.

there is no "nintendo code" (srsly-_-) ; only Law and IP.

doing a fan game is perfectly legal, but asking money for something that must be non profit and PAY people requires a legal structure. Of course you can disregard that, but kickstart (or others) and donors might find that quite shady, plus this becomes copyright violation as money passes through your own hands.  This might be tolerated or not, but kickstarting the project to "maybe-pay" an artist for a fan game isn't worth the potential troubles.

moreover : say you have, code, story, graphics. you're just short of a different game system and you have your own production. why not give it a try ?

(i've been out of the legal suff for a while, but i'm sure of this)

Edited by daLk - 24 July 2013 at 12:24pm
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version