Message Icon Topic: Searching for videogamers Post Reply Post New Topic
Reaver
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Reaver Replybullet Topic: Searching for videogamers
    Posted: 29 April 2005 at 11:30am
Hi everyone!

I see "job offer" posts are not very welcomed in this kind of forum, but let me try.-

I'm working for a mobile videogame developer company from a months ago. I like it but, you know, I've got the feeling I'm creating games that are not my creation. In order to change that, first I need is help, and that's why I'm searching for not just a good pixel artist (I guess here there's a good fistful of them), but a person who likes videogames and desires to get part in the develop of some of them, perhaps for fun, maybe for a bit of money, or why not, for pass to history...

I'm talking about forming a workgroup in which everyone would be involucrated at the same level and, in case of success, get the same part of the cake. You know, maybe it's only a stupid idea with no future, maybe not, but if someone reads this and thinks the same way I do, I'm interested in listening all you've got to say about it.

Thanks for read so far. I hope it meant you are thinking about answering this post... Bye. 

IP IP Logged
guzu_ligo
Seaman
Seaman

Quote guzu_ligo Replybullet Posted: 29 April 2005 at 12:04pm
   I see "job offer" posts are not very welcomed in this kind of forum, but let me try.-

I think so, too.
Mobile videogames has a big future. But that depends on the games themselves. I realy think all game developers have run out of ideas anyway, which is good for us since we are full of ideas.
I think I need to know more about mobile games programming. I just started learning java, but I heared that there are other lanuages for development. I wonder what I should be learning.

About the artists. I think the main reason that people don't want to join such thing is the feeling of responsibility. That or that they don't want to be doing a huge effort at the time that they are enjoying self development.

Sorry for the long post that doesn't contain a joining announcement.
IP IP Logged
Reaver
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Reaver Replybullet Posted: 29 April 2005 at 1:53pm

Guzu, I know what you're talking about, and I'm agree with you. But I think the problem in my case is exactly the lack of responsibility. I mean, I've been payed for doing my job, that's ok, but it's not my game, I don't work with the same illusion, and anyhow it's more important my boss satisfaction than myself.

I guess artists can feel something similar. It's art what they do (and very good as I can see in the galleries), and I suppose the act of seeing their work in a videogame is not more motivating than seeing it exposed on a gallerie. That's why I'm searching people interested in videogames, people interested in take total part of the developing process, that want to feel they are putting a bit of them in the art work they are helping to create. It must exist someone like that, and I'll blow away earth and heaven till I find him.

About what you say about programming, java is a good place to start. In fact, most of the projects I've taken part of are written in java. Of course, there're are other languajes, as C++, some of them more powerful than java, as Symbian. Anyway, I think java offers a good balance between accesibility and power.

Finally, I'll continue my search. Thanks for your reply. Byeee

IP IP Logged
TakeOut
Commander
Commander

Quote TakeOut Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2005 at 4:48pm
I'm very interested in making games..... But only platformers really. I'm willing to help. :P
IP IP Logged
Reaver
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Reaver Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2005 at 10:38am
Well, if you like games and you're interested in create your own games, you got almost everything I'm searching for. Like someone said, "I can't
offer you fame and glory but, in worst of cases, it can be fun"

About "only platformers" well, I think genre doesn't matter if you create something good, although... perhaps it could be a more difficult task to create something original in the world of platforms. Anyway, I like platforms too, so no problem for me.

Feel free to contact me to tell me anything you got in your mind. I'd like to show you some of the things I have programmed, you could show me some of your pixels, and we could talk about things we can do together.

My mail ===> yyyeah@msn.com

I'm waiting for your reply.
IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Commander
Commander

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2005 at 11:17am

hey, what's with all the font and boldness changes in this thread?

I'd be into doing something like this in the future. But, as it stands at this moment, I'm currently involved in so many other volunteer pixel projects

IP IP Logged
Reaver
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Reaver Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2005 at 11:44am

... it's a pity. Anyway, if you know someone that could be interested don't doubt in telling him about me.

Thanks for your interest, and if some day you have less work, you know where to finde me . Byeee.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version