Job Offerings
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: [FILLED] Zombie Kill of the Week (2D pixel artist) Post Reply Post New Topic
REllU
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote REllU Replybullet Topic: [FILLED] Zombie Kill of the Week (2D pixel artist)
    Posted: 18 April 2014 at 7:30am
Hello! Again!
I have already had a topic in here because of the same cause, but I deleted it since I thought I found a perfect artist for the job. It turned out that this Joshua Astorian (you already might know him..) was just a ripoff, and took the 200 I payed and vanished.

Anyhow, because of what happened, I don't have enough money anymore to pay almost anything upfront (also, what happened with Joshua pretty much destroyed my trust with these kinds of things..)

I'm looking for someone who would be able to make graphics for my game, ZKW, and not because of the money, but because of the project itself. You will get paid, but mostly after the work is done and the game is released. I will also need you after the release, since I'm updating ZKW every two weeks (about) and I add a-lot content every now and then. So once the game is released, you could get a "full time" job.

Also, sorry for my English, since I'm not a native speaker.

You might already have heard from my project, since it was released on mobile devices in 2013 (you can still get it for Android, iOS, and PC. Just look it up from AppStore/Play store)
ZKW Has been downloaded over 800 000 times in total, and it already has it's fan base.

You can test the game from here (PC)
Zombie Kill of the Week (on Gamejolt)

ZKW Was also released on GameStick- console, and was promoted on Samsung festival by Haptic.

I really don't know what else to say right now. In case you are interested on this project, contact me:

e-mail: stillrunninggame(at)hotmail.com
or
Facebook: StillRunning

Thank you for your time!
-Santeri

Edited by REllU - 23 April 2014 at 12:08am
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2014 at 7:38am
That is just terrible. Artist without morals just ruin it for all others.

In future artist commissions consider a contract or written spec/order before any transaction.
Consider a first 'order' that is minimal. Order one thing have it delivered then pay or order pay half then other half when delivered.
This way you establish a contact and trackable artist.
Usually the client steals from the artist and the artist stealing from the client is very rare. I hope you don't hold it against all. Just protect yourself too.
IP IP Logged
REllU
Seaman
Seaman

Quote REllU Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2014 at 7:56am
Well yeh, that is what I was going to do with Joshua as well. We agreed he would make me tiles and backgrounds on 3 levels with 700 in total, and agreed that I will pay him 200 upfront so he can start the work (which he obviusly didn't do)
Altho now I'm wiser, and will make some contract before doing anything with money.
I'm a kind of a person who really doesn't care that much about the money, but this just sucks now because I just want to get this game done and released, since I have been working on ZKW since 2010.

Thank you for your words tho. This is my first time trying to find someone to make the graphics, since I have always had my former boss to make them, who has now kicked me out.
IP IP Logged
HarveyDentMustDie
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote HarveyDentMustDie Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2014 at 3:25am
Originally posted by tandemar

This guy?
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joshua-astorian/11/740/476

If this is the case then you should perhaps contact his employer.
They're a very high profile company with a great reputation and they would not want to be associated with be it via one of their employee.
Perhaps they can assist you in getting your money back.
IP IP Logged
REllU
Seaman
Seaman

Quote REllU Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2014 at 10:39am
Yeh, that's him. Thanks for the tip! I'll try to contact his boss to see if it helps anything.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version