Message Icon Topic: PJv3 Bugs and Glitches Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Online Status: Offline
Quote jalonso Replybullet Topic: PJv3 Bugs and Glitches
    Posted: 29 July 2015 at 8:57am
This thread is for reporting PJv3 Bugs and Glitches so we can fix what everyone finds.
Please keep it to real bugs and glitches and nothing to do with ideas and suggestions for now.

If possible or applicable please post a screenshot of anything you find.
List as much info and detail as possible including OS, browser, pc, tablet, ,mobile, etc.
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2015 at 8:58am
Editing a preview/thumbnail in the gallery continues to lose its link.

IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2015 at 9:15am
The 'new pixelart' somehow no longer reflects the same list/order when you view the link.

Edited by jalonso - 29 July 2015 at 9:18am
IP IP Logged
Jinn
Commander
Commander

Quote Jinn Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2015 at 10:56am
When posting on Stray Pixels 7-29-15 I got this a couple of times:

IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2015 at 12:33pm
Report sent in by Nial:

Hi there,
I've been trying to request a forgotten password email on the forum but I get a server error. Could you fix this please?
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2015 at 12:35pm
Report sent in by SirWeeble:
I've had an account with your site for several months and I can't log into the forum. I get some spam notice that says i need to have an account for 24 hours and 6points in the gallery.

I have no interest in posting things in the gallery. I'm just trying to put a posting up to find pixel artists to hire for a job.

---

Report sent in by Philip Adams:
Hi, ive been trying for two days now, to register on your site. I fill out all the information and when i click "submit" it takes me to an error page. I have also tried registering on my phone bu that did not work either. When i tried on my phone it told me my e-mail was already in use so i tried logging in but that didnt work. I thought maybe i had written my password wrong when i registered so i had the site send me an e-mail about how to reset my password but i never recieved an e-mail. I checked the junkmail as well. I am fairly confused and i dont know what to do now. Please help. Thank you

---

Report sent in by Mel:
I see you're in the middle of a really huge update, but in case it hasn't been brought to your attention, there's currently an error in trying to register a new account. I tried today and yesterday and it gave me some kind of server error. I'll just keep trying every day, but thought you would like to know about it, if you didn't already.

Edited by jalonso - 29 July 2015 at 12:38pm
IP IP Logged
Finlal
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Finlal Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2015 at 1:02pm

Here's one.
Not sure if it's pj problem or google problem, but search doesn't work.
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2015 at 1:53pm
@Finlal, we have a few bugs that affect the Mods only and we have a thread for that which includes the search.
Some do not have problems with the google search but others do.
Hopefully we can get the old footer version that worked well for all.

Edited by jalonso - 29 July 2015 at 1:53pm
IP IP Logged
Manupix
Commander
Commander

Quote Manupix Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2015 at 2:12pm
Reposting from the news thread:

• There seems to be something with the 'special galleries' urls (such as Monthly top): the pages other than page 1 display the generic 'new icons' url http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?q=1&pg=2 even though the correct page is loaded (ie monthly top page 2). When keeping the tab open while browsing other galleries, however, the link is lost and the next page of wherever you were browsing opens next instead of the Monthly top next page. Presumably this happens in other galleries too.

• Also monthly top earlier than last May doesn't return any result (by manual url tweaking as usual).

• On the forum, the drop-down menu next to usernames including a  'PJ gallery' link is now stuck at the top of the page, which can only be accessed when viewing, ah, the top of the page.

W7 / latest Fx with ad/scripts/cookies blocking software.
IP IP Logged
surt
Commander
Commander

Quote surt Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2015 at 3:14pm
The public queue invalid page number problem is still present. It should set the page variable when opening, rather than just hoping it has a meaningful value left over from its last use.

Active topics in the forum isn't working for me, always empty no matter what time frame I specify.
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2015 at 4:04pm
We will keep up as much as possible as quickly as possible for now these items should be fixed. Please comment otherwise.

Forum active topics
Forum search
Deleting post
Editing post
Email notifications
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2015 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by surt

The public queue invalid page number problem is still present. It should set the page variable when opening, rather than just hoping it has a meaningful value left over from its last use.

The way our console works is different than non-Mods so this issue is something we just don't see.
Can you please post a screen that show what happens and what you see?
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 30 July 2015 at 6:59am
The link to the chatterbox gives a 500 error when you hit the link to the chatterbox from inbox comments.
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 30 July 2015 at 7:30am
The 'submit link' is gone from profile pages.

To submit a link now one has to use the sidebar to get to the links submission panel.
IP IP Logged
||||
Commander
Commander

Quote |||| Replybullet Posted: 30 July 2015 at 1:31pm
The last pixel piece I submitted I had deleted then re submitted it due to the preview image. It counted both so now under my profile info it says I have 32 pixels when i really actually have 31.
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 30 July 2015 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by ||||

The last pixel piece I submitted I had deleted then re submitted it due to the preview image. It counted both so now under my profile info it says I have 32 pixels when i really actually have 31.

I think the server takes a while to update and this has always happened. Serves you right for deleting and resubmitting   
IP IP Logged
king_bobston
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote king_bobston Replybullet Posted: 02 August 2015 at 12:20pm
The error where the message count is invalid still exists.
Example; at the top it says 7 Messages while I have 4 Messages + 4 Notifications for a total of 8 and not 7 (the not counted one seems to be the most recent notification, in this case)

Edit: Logging off and back on seems to update it to the correct number, while simply loading a new page or "strg+f5" does nothing.
So maybe not the same bug as it was :/

Edited by king_bobston - 02 August 2015 at 12:28pm
IP IP Logged
Mandrill
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Mandrill Replybullet Posted: 03 August 2015 at 2:23am
This popped up after I had logged in and posted something into a thread via the quick reply window. Yet, the message was posted.

IP IP Logged
eishiya
Commander
Commander

Quote eishiya Replybullet Posted: 03 August 2015 at 6:40am
I've had this happen quite a few times, even before the update. Looks like it happens when someone has "Email Notify me of Replies" enabled but hasn't provided a valid email. No reason regular users should see that message though.
IP IP Logged
Manupix
Commander
Commander

Quote Manupix Replybullet Posted: 10 August 2015 at 2:26am
Originally posted by Manupix

• Also monthly top earlier than last May doesn't return any result (by manual url tweaking as usual).

This bug has now jumped one month forward: May doesn't have a monthly top anymore. Weirdly, I had checked earlier this month and it was working.
IP IP Logged
Manupix
Commander
Commander

Quote Manupix Replybullet Posted: 10 August 2015 at 2:29am
When posting the above post, I got this error message:

Server Error in Forum Application
An error has occured while sending an email.
Please contact the forum administrator.
Support Error Code:- err_mySQL_send_mail_footer
File Name:- functions_send_mail.asp
Error details:-
jmail.Message
The message was undeliverable. All servers failed to receive the message
Yet the post went up.
IP IP Logged
Manupix
Commander
Commander

Quote Manupix Replybullet Posted: 10 August 2015 at 2:29am
Maybe I should have read Mandrill's post before posting haha

Edited by Manupix - 10 August 2015 at 2:30am
IP IP Logged
zch
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote zch Replybullet Posted: 11 August 2015 at 9:45am
PJv3 uses UTF-8 while the previous version used Latin-1. This is great! But it also causes problems when trying to log in if your password has characters that encode differently on those character sets.
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 11 August 2015 at 10:07am
Originally posted by zch

PJv3 uses UTF-8 while the previous version used Latin-1. This is great! But it also causes problems when trying to log in if your password has characters that encode differently on those character sets.

I think we (meaning Sedge) is aware of this glitch but its to tough to control especially with all the Portuguese members.
IP IP Logged
8 Bit Dreams
Seaman
Seaman

Quote 8 Bit Dreams Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2015 at 8:36am
Commenting on The Links section is missing.
IP IP Logged
eishiya
Commander
Commander

Quote eishiya Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2015 at 8:22am
This news post is inaccessible from the main page, because the main page tries to keep the + in the URL, while the true URL doesn't have the +. Something's up with the title-to-URL encoder somewhere.

Edit: I was able to make a working link here with no issues, but not in a post I made earlier today (no matter what I tried). Any idea if that's tied to PJ3 or is that just the forums derping?

Edited by eishiya - 18 August 2015 at 8:26am
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2015 at 9:05am
I'll fix this as soon as I can :(

The link goes straight to the firefox extension page so on any other browser it gets lost.
IP IP Logged
eishiya
Commander
Commander

Quote eishiya Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2015 at 9:09pm
I meant the link to the newspost itself, not the link to the extention. If you click the "Comments" link, "read more" link, etc on the home page blurb of that post, it's a 404 because it's trying to take you to a URL with a plus URL-encoded in it, but the actual URL just drops the + completely.

http://pixeljoint.com/2015/07/24/4722/FixelJoint_for_Chrome_+_Firefox.htm
versus
http://pixeljoint.com/2015/07/24/4722/FixelJoint_for_Chrome__Firefox.htm
IP IP Logged
king_bobston
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote king_bobston Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2015 at 11:50am
Originally posted by jalonso

The 'new pixelart' somehow no longer reflects the same list/order when you view the link.

I want to add, that this problem is a bit bigger.

I normally go to the new pixel art page and look from the last piece I recognise to the most recent. But when recently added pieces get added to the second page, it's very likely I (and others who do this) miss them. I just saw this because it was still on the reel.

While you probably already thought about it, the new pixel art page probably orders them by the upload date instead of the date when they were added to the gallery, making pieces that stay a long time in the queue spawn way behind the others.

an easy way to test this would be to add the piece that stayed the longest in the queue and then searching it in the new pixelart page ;^)

IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2015 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by king_bobston

...the new pixel art page probably orders them by the upload date instead of the date when they were added to the gallery, making pieces that stay a long time in the queue spawn way behind the others...

That is what it does until we find/fix this issue.
Pixels have questions, issues and stuff and the artist is not always prompt in taking care or things or some submit many at one time so some art has to wait.

The solution for now is to explore the new art pages beyond page 1 :p
IP IP Logged
yrizoud
Commander
Commander

Quote yrizoud Replybullet Posted: 08 October 2015 at 3:19pm
I investigated on the following issue, in hope it can save a bit of time on someone :
Originally posted by Manupix

On the forum, the drop-down menu next to usernames including a  'PJ gallery' link is now stuck at the top of the page, which can only be accessed when viewing, ah, the top of the page.

The reason is that the dropdown menu (#dropmenudiv) no longer has its specific CSS. It used to be file /pixels/includes/js/menu/menu.css, linked by the forum pages.
The archived version can be found here (thanks archive.org) :
https://web.archive.org/web/20141211155218cs_/http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixels/includes/js/menu/menu.css
The critical part is the attribute "position:absolute;", it's what allows the menu to "pop" above the page, and accept being placed at specific coordinates.
IP IP Logged
atprises
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote atprises Replybullet Posted: 03 November 2015 at 10:56am
Hello!

It seems that russian and ukrainian language isn't supported when I send and receive private messages. It just shows an error page. If it sends the text it looks like a number of weird symbols.

That's all glitches I've found : )
IP IP Logged
eishiya
Commander
Commander

Quote eishiya Replybullet Posted: 05 November 2015 at 1:58pm
Not sure whether this is a bug or a feature: "Projects" appears both in both the Features and Gallery menus. I think it should only be in Features. It's just a misclick magnet in Gallery, and doesn't seem relevant in that menu.

Is this stuff getting worked on? I haven't seen many changes since V3 was rolled out. Will there be one big update instead of a bunch of smaller ones?

Edit: (Nov 22) The report form will show "Miscellaneous" as the issue no matter which link you clicked to get there, it has to be set manually. Reloading the form at any point, for any reason will also reset it to "Miscellaneous" instead of leaving it set as it was. These two issues are likely leading to a lot of miscategotized reports.
Another issue, though I don't know whether it can be fixed: Recaptcha does not include a <noscript> fallback in its code, so if Javascript is disabled, the captcha doesn't show up at all. Most captcha services provide a fallback when JS is disabled or at least a "please enable JS to post" notice, PJ is the only site I've seen without that.
On a related note, could accounts above a certain rank be made exempt from the report captcha? I doubt bots get ranks. There's also no reason that logged-in users couldn't get their account email sent along with the report form instead of having to input it every time.
IP IP Logged
Seaman
Seaman

Quote 128K Replybullet Posted: 30 December 2015 at 10:33pm
Got a couple things:

None of the pixel art pieces in the gallery have a "Use for avatar" or similar link on them as stated in the FAQ, so I can't change my avatar from the default.

From the Member Control Panel Menu page, some of the links seem to point to the wrong place. For example, Edit Profile, Registration Details, Profile Information, and Forum preferences all point to http://pixeljoint.com/forum/register.asp?FPN=0, which resolves to http://pixeljoint.com/?loggedin=1.

Similarly, Update Avatar on the Member Control Panel Menu page points to http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?pg=1&sec=icons, but only shows my profile. I would expect this to point to http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile_avatar.asp.
IP IP Logged
jamon
Seaman
Seaman

Quote jamon Replybullet Posted: 10 January 2016 at 2:37am
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 10 January 2016 at 6:14am
@jamon, you most likely viewed right around the time the server updates weekly counts which is automated. The main page is manual so its always fresh.
I just checked now and its all good and current to me
IP IP Logged
Manupix
Commander
Commander

Quote Manupix Replybullet Posted: 22 January 2016 at 7:32am
Thanks for fixing the keyword search =)
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 22 January 2016 at 11:37am
We continue to fix one thing and break another...bear with us all.
IP IP Logged
surt
Commander
Commander

Quote surt Replybullet Posted: 22 January 2016 at 8:01pm
The automatic tags at the bottom of a page.

They've always bugged me.

Shouldn't the artist be choosing if they want to promote their art as forum avatars, icons or AOL Buddy Icons?

Is AOL even still a thing?

eg:
Perils of the Dark Heart avatars, Perils of the Dark Heart icons, Perils of the Dark Heart pixel art, Perils of the Dark Heart forum avatars, Perils of the Dark Heart AOL Buddy Icons
IP IP Logged
yrizoud
Commander
Commander

Quote yrizoud Replybullet Posted: 01 February 2016 at 9:43am
I'm starting to wonder if the "contact form" is functional or not.
I reported a NPA a pair of weeks ago, and one today. Dunno if mods are receiving them at all.
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 01 February 2016 at 10:16am
Originally posted by yrizoud

I'm starting to wonder if the "contact form" is functional or not.
I reported a NPA a pair of weeks ago, and one today. Dunno if mods are receiving them at all.

We do look in the reports often and try to keep up.

Sometimes several PJers report the same thing so we just take care of it on the first posted and just delete the copies as we normally give a badge to the first one to report 'real' stuff.

With art dumps it can be a tough call and indeed some questionable bits get in. Know that adding anything to the gallery is never really permanent and sometimes is just fair to add and allow PJers to complain if needed before we take action.
There seems to be enough good quality work in jeremy's dump and he is a PJ Mod and we all just add Mod work without any review under the assumption that we all understand where to draw lines. If any Mod is ever not being fair or reasonable or PJers object to any Mod and its valid, then action would be taken. (pleeez guys, don't complain about me )
In this case its entirely up to jeremy to decide because dumps have been added with similar WIPish bits where the 'whole' seems ok and from members not in the Mod team.

Is that fair and reasonable?
IP IP Logged
yrizoud
Commander
Commander

Quote yrizoud Replybullet Posted: 01 February 2016 at 10:47am
I was only curious about my previous report (about a reduced-resampled preview, so it was quite a clear-cut case) not seeming to have result, it made me wonder if the contact form was broken during the move.
What I can think of this judgement call is off-topic here.
IP IP Logged
atprises
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote atprises Replybullet Posted: 23 March 2016 at 1:38am
Hello! I think I've found something weird -
I've uploaded a work and my Pixels counter says that now I have 34 works but it's 33 actually. I clearly remember that before uploading the latest work I had 32 pixels.
IP IP Logged
surt
Commander
Commander

Quote surt Replybullet Posted: 23 March 2016 at 12:58pm
Here in the forums the user join dates are messed up.

eg. atpalicis: "Joined: 28 January 2016" but first post is "30 September 2015"
IP IP Logged
Sathylias
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Sathylias Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2016 at 7:32am
I'm having trouble choosing an avatar, everytime i try to, it sends me a "Server error 500". Also, when i try opening the gallery, it does the same thing. It's really frustrating!
IP IP Logged
Hapiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Hapiel Replybullet Posted: 15 April 2016 at 7:57am
Birthdays on the front page are now either random or sorted by lowest amount of points? It used to be sorted by highest amount of points..

Which made today a little bit less exciting than the past 9 years on PJ....
IP IP Logged
delicatone
Commander
Commander

Quote delicatone Replybullet Posted: 29 April 2016 at 11:54am
Found a little issue while typing description about a submission:

If the description is relatively long, the scroll bar doesn't reach far enough, mouse scroll wheel also won't reach all the way down. If I click into the text-box and use the arrow to toggle down further, the tool bar disappears (B I U link etc etc..) The toolbar doesn't reappear until I reload the page.
IP IP Logged
delicatone
Commander
Commander

Quote delicatone Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2016 at 5:25pm
Hello, not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but occasionally when I look at a pixel and then click the + button to make it bigger, it automatically opens image in a new tab. At first I was assuming that I was mis-clicking on the image. But I've paid close attention more recently to my cursor, and now I have seen it three times where I am absolutely sure I clicked on the zoom button. (Chrome)
IP IP Logged
TYB3N
Commander
Commander

Quote TYB3N Replybullet Posted: 15 June 2016 at 8:09pm

oh gee this error is still around a year later. what will i do.
IP IP Logged
yrizoud
Commander
Commander

Quote yrizoud Replybullet Posted: 16 January 2018 at 6:01am
Can someone please fix the forum's user menu? It's only a CSS error and I find it very silly to still have it after all this time.
http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24450&PID=207241#207241
In case archive.org loses the file after some time, here's the original style which got dropped during the upgrade:
#dropmenudiv

{
text-align:left;
position:absolute;
border:1px solid black;
border-bottom-width: 0;
font:normal 9px Verdana;
line-height:18px;
z-index:100;
}

#dropmenudiv a.navitem
{