Job Offerings
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: [Closed][Paid] Pixel Artist: Horizontal 2D shooter Post Reply Post New Topic
Hulle
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Hulle Replybullet Topic: [Closed][Paid] Pixel Artist: Horizontal 2D shooter
    Posted: 19 October 2016 at 11:14am
***INTERVIEWS CURRENTLY BEING HELD***
Iím a hobby game-programmer about to take the plunge from prototyping to long term development of my game. Since itís only me on the project, I am looking for a pixel artist bring my game to life, so that I can focus on programming.
So, I need an artist to point the game in a beautiful direction :)

The amount of art needed:
From a prototype to pre-alpha gameplay. Enough art to make 1 playable room + hubworld.
Game type: 2D horizontal Shootíemíup, set in an alternate WW2 timeline, but mixed with steampunk or?
What do I want it to look like: While I canít say exactly what I want my game to look like, that is up to the artist. But I personally love, and would like my game to have beautiful art like Endless Dungeon, and Iím working on roughly the same pixel size.
Artist hourly rate: 20$ But negotiable depending on experience.
Project Timeline: Scheduled planned crowdfunding launch date: March 2017. So you donít have to work fulltime in order to meet a tight deadline.

What I expect from you:
* I expect you to be a nice and honest person, but beyond that, applicants must send portfolio or link to one. There will be a short job-interview held over Skype. I need to know if our chemistry matches, since I expect us to be in contact regularly, and I would much rather work with somebody I like, than somebody I donít.
*  the job interview, I expect participants to deliver one piece of artwork, a single sprite, with no animation, of approx. 32*32px to 50*50px. Showing a possible protagonist airplane.
With the delivery of the artwork, participants must state how much time was used on the artwork, and hourly fee.
If you get the job, payment will be met for the artwork. If you donít get the job, payment will not be made for the artwork, since I wonít be using it.
Please make sure you are aware of these demands before applying.

What you can expect from me:

Payment on time! A contract! Enthusiasm! Honesty!

My previous experience I gaming:
None that I can point toÖ Well I have made a terrible, terrible game jam game*, and have been prototyping/learning to code for the last 2 years. But I am committed to make this the game that allows me to take the plunge from hobby programmer to a career. To be clear, I am not working fulltime on this, life wonít let me right now. I have kids, wife and bills to pay, soÖ Yeah, thereís that.

* https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37381954/Kalter%20Krieg-1.1.exe (Itís a .exe windows file)

Beyond all:
I just want to hire somebody who loves to make pixel art, and who would love to work on the kind of game Iím working on.

For application, or questions, please e-mail me at: hullepr@gmail.com

Thanks
/Martin

IP IP Logged
Hulle
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Hulle Replybullet Posted: 20 October 2016 at 12:50pm
Thanks to everyone who e-mailed me. There sure is a lot of talent out there :)
Everybody should have a reply in their inbox, if not, please let me know.
I will set an application end date for sunday, and from there, jobinterviews will be held.
Thanks again.
IP IP Logged
Hulle
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Hulle Replybullet Posted: 23 October 2016 at 4:28pm
For the time being, applying for the job is closed, since interviews are being held.
Thanks again to everybody who e-mailed me.
If you have not recieved a green/red light for interviews, something has gone wrong. Please let me know.
IP IP Logged
Hulle
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Hulle Replybullet Posted: 02 November 2016 at 3:16pm
I have reached out to everyone who applied, and hired an artist.
If you have not recieved a green/red light for the job, something has gone wrong. Please let me know.
Once more: Thank you everybody :)
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version