Job Offerings
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: [royalty] unwritten is looking for pixel animators Post Reply Post New Topic

Online Status: Offline
Quote Melodee Replybullet Topic: [royalty] unwritten is looking for pixel animators
    Posted: 22 October 2017 at 3:29am
hello i am jara and i am making a game with around 10 others:
me (writer & pixel artist, working on creature designs now),
erik (programmer)
alessio (sound designer)
stephanie (animator & pixel artist, is working on a creature animation now, but has little time so we need an extra person to help her)
andrea (animator, is busy with girl1 animations now)
kevin/b-rokal (taking a break)
william (animator, busy with girl2's animations)
eleni (illustrator, busy with first scene illustrations/static illustrations or non animated)
nhlo (illustrator, busy with illustrated scenes character animation sketches)
clement lee (illustrator, busy with illustrated scenes background animation sketches)
tsuqinoa (illustrator)

Even though this is my first game, I am planning to make a company if this game is succesful. My plan to keep everyone motivated to work on it even without much profit, is starting a donation pool after we've finished the arcade demo. We'll make 11 different games in total, at least that's the plan, and maybe a DLC with extra spells, equipment & weapons and an extra arcade mode. But we'll start with the arcade demo. The demo contains 2 characters and 3 modes. We haven't decided on the maps for the arcade yet. Here's my idea for the modes:

" we are going to make an arcade mode with options like PvP (1vs1, 2vs2, 4vs4 & free for all), an option where enemies come from 4 sides, and together you will have to protect your base, I have also been thinking of other ideas like adding an option of the game being all sidescroller and making it a race until the end where you can attack your opponents to prevent them from reaching the end and can also put out traps for them in the environment itself. We will start with making it so the player can connect through sharing IP adresses. "

I will give everyone who joins tasks, and recommend not looking too much at the big image. Focus on the task you are given on this right moment. don't worry about the future (like how many things there are still to do), I will take that stress on me, that's something for me to handle.

so what we need right now is someone to help us with: creatures touch-ups, creature animations, weapon touch-up's & designs.

we will first focus on one creature, make it as pretty/goodlooking as we can and make all the necessary animations. the person that would like to take this task and is skilled enough to do it can pick which creature he/she would like to start with. that will be our first test creature. there is also a creature who already has walking & attacking animations from all sides and one death animation from only the front, but nothing more.

I will be able to give a short summary of the game and some screenshots, however I don't want to place too much information about the game on the internet. Not everything is fully polished yet in these screenshots. Some UI needs to be added, the artwork is for it already made but not placed in the game, so you won't be able to see it in the screenshots.

The universe started with only one god: the space writer (Astrea) and the dragon of space and time rules over everything. Watching the world from far she dislikes the decisions the humans have made. Her whole idea was changed by her own creations. Astrea used to watch this one boy Weiss (time writer) having the same ideas and hopes for this world as her, she thought. He wanted to change it, though he couldn't since he didnít have the power to do so. So Astrea gave him the powers of time. Together they hoped to make the world a better place. They started to grow a really close bond, until the time writer came up with this really bad idea to take free will from Astreaís creations and control them. He never discussed this with Astrea, knowing she would disagree. In an attempt to stop the time writerís plans, Astrea created (the boys), but all of their attempts failed, because the boys were too different from each other and didnít want to work together. After a long time dwelling in the book for too long their memories scattered around the place (because memories are like energy). Unable to prevent the time writer from destroying her creations, she thought of one way to do it: she used all of her powers to create 8 girls and set up a path for them. But because she used up all of her power, she became exactly 8 different kinds of cloaks (the cloaked figures, not male or female). She used that to her advantage by guiding the girls to their destination. The boys just became "a distant past" for the space writer, still dwelling in the world while Astrea gave up on them. Even though Astrea forgot about them - considered them a failure - they still existed and decided to help the girls after figuring out what was going on. Their life seemed like a "vague memory" since they couldn't remember anything about what happened before they got into the book, because they were created as Astrea's soldiers. The cloaked figures guide the girls to escape the maze the time writer set up from them, by giving them 4 choices (doors) once in awhile. They need to find each other through this maze, because together they have the power to defeat him according to the cloaks. The first task the cloaked figure gives each girl is overcoming their fears.

these are the 8 characters right now:

Platform: PC.
Engine: Unity.
Language: C#.
Genre: Fantasy Action RPG.
Map: Isometric.

the game has 8 playable characters. each with a different element, weapon and story:
- girl1: light, sword and shield.
- girl2: poison, daggers.
- girl3: fire, katars.
- girl4: blood, scythe.
- girl5: nature, lance.
- girl6: ice, instruments.
- girl7: thunder, bow and arrow.
- girl8: dark, two handed sword.

title screen

also if anyone who sees this message would like to see the document related to the gameplay and full story summary, you can always email me and ask.

another thing I would like to mention is there are no deadlines and you can always tell me when you can't work on it/don't feel like doing anything. I will message you now and then though, if you have time. But don't see it as something to hurry you.

if you are interested in helping or have any questions, don't hesitate to email to:
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version