Resources and Support
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Resources and Support
Message Icon Topic: making of Ambush - Amiga hires ocs Post Reply Post New Topic
Koyot1222
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Koyot1222 Replybullet Topic: making of Ambush - Amiga hires ocs
    Posted: 25 January 2018 at 1:43pm
I promised that I will put up stages, I will try to fulfill my promise;)
I will not describe all the stages included in the animation. I will try to describe only a few which I consider to be important.

It's April 22, it's been a week after my idea to make a drawing in my mind. For now, only the "theme". The work was to have a maximum of 320x200, and so much more than I usually did. But the figure with legs completely did not fit in the frame :( I jumped at 640x480, it is better but empty.

The first approach to color. Thanks for redhead on the forum! Cool color palette, there is a lot to choose from. It's been all over my mind that Yoda ...

I really wanted the motif of the circle behind the head of the character to appear in the picture. Unfortunately, I did not have an idea how to fix it. The sun was infantile. I woke up in the morning and thought that if it was supposed to be a pseudo icon, there must be many other things hidden in every place of the composition. The district must be part of something big covering the background. A large mechanical figure.

Fun with light. I added some new contrast colors. I liked the simple flat operation of light. It's as if someone was welding a piece of metal.

I decided to change the background because it seemed to me that the background was too depressive. Illuminated gave a more cheerful appearance to the whole composition.

As I wrote earlier, I wanted every element of the composition to be filled with details. I have added a 2 plan next to the background.

In principle, I have consistently refined the details. however, the heroine's flat legs started to worry me. Selur noticed the disappearing figure against the background of the great robot.

I decided to light up the inside of the robot with a color which does not belong to the composition. The figure appeared.

I missed a few elements of the composition, so I extended the chapter to 640x512, everything finally began to fit. I used dithering which added a lot of dirt, dust.

The last element which was supposed to be the robot's support filled and balanced the left part of the composition. The final ... and the problem appeared, because there are 16 colors in the OCS interlace and I already have 18 ... It's 20th May. Can give it a rest ...
Kuba, thanks for your help and warm words. If others can do it I can;)

May 22, 16 colors. Work qualified for the competition;)

Animated GIF. The whole, April 22 - May 22,
IP IP Logged
Hapiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Hapiel Replybullet Posted: 25 January 2018 at 3:01pm
Wonderful work, thanks for sharing the progress! I especially like seeing all the color variations this thing went through!

So do I understand correctly that the reason for the mecha monster was put in place so that you could put the circle there? Why did you want a circle behind her in the first place? Is she a divine being?
IP IP Logged
Koyot1222
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Koyot1222 Replybullet Posted: 26 January 2018 at 12:25am
One of the reasons is my love for Byzantine icons. Hence the emerging prospective simplifications. For this I wanted to throw something organic and round into the angular composition as a counterweight.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version