Message Icon Topic: Teamwork Competition Post Reply Post New Topic
Hapiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Online Status: Offline
Quote Hapiel Replybullet Topic: Teamwork Competition
    Posted: 13 April 2018 at 10:48am

Hello everyone!

We're going to try a new kind of compo here at PJ. There will be participation awards for everyone involved so be sure to take part!

This teamwork compo works as following:
Everyone has a bit over two weeks to submit line art, or any image which uses only 2 colors (which matches the image requirements and theme). The day after the first submission deadline you will receive a message containing line art from another random participant, you will have 3 weeks to finish this other persons work into a colored pixel art.

After the competition is over, non-part taking PJ mods and selected judges will look at the end results and select a top 3. Both the submitter of the line art and the submitter of the final result will receive trophies, so you can win twice! Everyone who submits both a line art and a colored artwork will receive an award.

Image requirements:

The theme for the image is: An unlikely couple

Canvas Size - exactly 150x100 or 100x150
Colors - Max. 32 for finished work, exactly 2 colors for line art.
Transparency - No.
Animation - No.

How to submit line art:
Upload your line art externally (I recommend imgur) and send the image link to me (hapiel) in a PM on the forums, or the gallery site. If you're having trouble, you can also email it to me, but be sure to include your PJ nickname. My address: hello@danielsimu.com

I would recommend not to share your line art in public. Possibly the receiver of your line art might contact you, but I think it's more exciting when we all discover who made what at the end. I will post a list of all participants when the line art phase is over.

If you submit line art you are expected to also take part in the coloring phase, for which you should have plenty of time. If you are unsure if you are able to do this, please do not submit line art. It would make everyone involved really sad if some line art is left uncolored...

You're allowed only one entry per person, so make it count!

Deadline of submission: Sunday 29th of April

How to submit the final colored image
Once you receive your line art on the 30th of April you can start working on the final image.
You can submit your colored artwork to the PJ gallery.
Please add the tag "teamwork", that way your artwork will be easier to find. You can also share your artwork in this forum thread.
You should credit your partner and possibly link to his line art in the description of your artwork.

Deadline of submission: Sunday 20th of May

Dates:
Friday 13th of April - Sunday 29th of April Lineart Phase
Monday 30th of April - Sunday 20th of May Coloring Phase.

Good luck everyone, and I'm looking forward to receive your entries!

Feel free to ask questions below.

IP IP Logged
Hapiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Online Status: Offline
Quote Hapiel Replybullet Posted: 15 April 2018 at 7:04pm

Participants :

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version