Message Icon Topic: PrehISOria Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 9 Next >>
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Online Status: Online
Quote Gecimen Replybullet Topic: PrehISOria
    Posted: 13 September 2018 at 5:50am
Welcome to the next ISO collab fellow members of Pixel Joint!

Our subject this time around is prehistoria! This includes everything prehistoric or, well, ancient. Stone age people, tribal people, dinosaurs (and all beasts of old times), hunting/gathering, evolution, ancient buildings, towns & wonders, lost civilizations, cave life, ancient monsters, ancient aliens and any other kind of fantasy element, as long as you can say this existed in our dark ages.

Collab Rules, Specs, Notes and FAQ on Post 3 below

This project features Night's award winning palette.
If you submit your tile to your PJ Gallery (which you should) you do not need to credit Night but it would be nice of you.

Scale example:

This collab is being run by your fellow PJ moderators.

Previous ISO collabs ran by PJ:
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 5:56am
Official final collab image and list of participants:

1 Gecimen 2 Drazile 3 Gecimen4 Irenaart5 zedOFF 6 Reo 7 vierbit 8 darchangel
9 LuckyF 10 11 Esven 12 Gecimen 13 jeremy 14 Morbidus 15 Drazile
16 17 18 Eggy 19 darchangel 20 JerryPie 21 notnullnotvoid 22 Irenaart 23 GhostPlayer
24 upper0 25 JerryPie 26 Reo 27 CuriousBeefJerky 28 Silenia 29 Reo 30  
31 32 Gecimen33 CuriousBeefJerky 34 Gecimen 35 Gyhoket 36  37 Minord38
39 40 41 DoberMann 42 Fusionnist 43 Mandrill 44 45 Gecimen
46 47 Nevercreature 48 Reo 49 Night 50 AdigunPolack 51 52 53 Minord
54  55 Gecimen 56 Fusionnist 57 Esven 58 CuriousBeefJerky 59 60
61 62 63 Esven 64 AdigunPolack 65 notnullnotvoid 66 67 68 jeremy
69 Morbidus 70 jeremy 71 Night72 Gecimen 73 AdigunPolack 74 Theoden75  
7677 CuriousBeefJerky 78 Reo79 CuriousBeefJerky80 81 Anokolisa 82 83
84 Finlal 85 darchangel86 jeremy 87 88 89 Gyhoket90
91 Gecimen92 vierbit
93 Esven 94 Night95 96 Irenaart97 Gecimen 98

BLACK numbers = Available and reserved tiles
RED numbers
= Completed tiles
PURPLE numbers = WIP tiles in Main Collab image
BLUE numbers = WIP tiles posted on thread only
GREEN numbers = Special circumstance tiles (Extra time allowance)
YELLOW numbers = Tiles with more than 1 person (un-reserved) (Fight to the death)
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 5:58am
Rules
• You can create more than one tile but your tile may not neighbor your own tile (even diagonally).
• Only one active tile reservation at any one time per participant. You must finish a tile before making a new one.
• Once you reserve a tile you must post an initial WIP within 4 days so it doesn't hold others up. 4 days pass quickly, so it is a good idea to post your WIP as soon as possible.
• Once you post an initial WIP you get 7 days to update your tile or post a comment letting us know its active. Every new WIP/post update (busy, school, work, sick, moving, etc.) thereafter buys you another 7 days. This period is given so that you don't have to rush it, try not to forget your reservation.
• Outer tiles MUST use transparency to 'break the grid' (See the last collab edges HERE).
• Inner tiles CAN NOT use transparency.
• You must use the supplied palette colors (15) only, but you don't have to use them all in your tile (Those making outer tiles will have one extra color for transparency).
• NO animations.
• Your tile must match the tiles surrounding yours, unless your tile has no neighbors (up to first 10 tiles). This will become increasingly tougher as tiles get added. Some tiles will need to match on as many as 4 sides.
• Matching your neighbors does not mean it has to continue their idea/concept. Just that it blends seamlessly somehow.
• Please keep the collab's general light-source and scale as shown below consistent in your tile. This may be tweaked in your tile if you use secondary light sources.
• Please post your tile on its own as a comment and make sure to say what number it is and it will be added to the collab master image by a Collab Manager in order to keep the color palette true.
• Your tile may be added to the master image in WIP stages if it shows the tile's direction enough to help others visualize their own tiles.

Special Rules
• The first 10 tiles may be anywhere at all and require no neighboring tiles. If you pick one of these first 10 tiles, please try to finish your tile a.s.a.p. in order to open up space for others.
• From the 11th tile on (or once a finished tile has been put into place) your new tile reservations MUST have at least one neighboring tile already posted that your tile blends into.
• In the event that a tile is made without a reservation or 2 people accidentally work on the same tile a special vote may be held, or a duel to the death may be started by the 2 people.
• Special rule(s) may be added to accommodate whatever loophole y'alls manage to find and exploit.

Notes
• Novice or pro, all are encouraged to collaborate.
• Possible tile rejection if your tile is not in isometric projection or fails in scale.
• Possible tile rejection if your tile does not match and blend into your neighbor(s) tile.
• Possible tile rejection if your tile just doesn't blend in with some degree of harmony. Should this happen to you check for comments left for you... there will be some!
• You can get tips and help to improve your tile on this thread. No need to make a separate WIP thread.
• You are encouraged to take all c+c on your tile. You do not need to apply all given c+c but please don't ignore them. Especially from your neighbor. Remember this is a 'collaboration'.
• Please use Yanrishatum's upgraded 'PJ Image Specs' tool HERE to check your final tile colors has max 15 colors (+ transparency, 16 if an outer tile) and the right colors.

FAQ:
Q: Can I extend my tile over someone else's tile?
A: No. You can only ask them to edit their own tile, and if they don't, you'll have to find another way. The only exception is border tiles where you can slightly extend over your neighbor's empty space (for continuity reasons).
Note: "your neighbor's empty space" means you do have an existing neighbor tile.

Q: If I have a border tile, can I extend my tile further than the border of the collab image?
A: Yes. We will enlarge the collab image as required. As with everything, be reasonable on this (don't put a 100 px tentpole just for the sake of enlarging the image size).

Q: What can I do if I want to draw something really big?
A: If you want to draw something that will take more than 2 tiles, you can draw a lineart sketch and ask people to join your "mini collab". If it's something interesting, you will certainly find people. Then you do your own part and let other people do their own thing. Everyone can add their own taste into their own tiles. You can check previous collabs for mini collabs.

Q: Can somebody else finish my tile from where I left?
A: No. We may allow this under very special circumstances (e.g. health) but normally unless you want to finish your tile, you have to give up on it.

Q: Is it OK to drop my reservation? Will I be banned?
A: Not at all. You can drop your reservations as many times as you want.

Q: I can't reach a certain quality. What should I do?
A: Collabs are great for this. You can work on your neighbor tiles, listen to criticism, and start over as many times as you want. And when YOU are satisfied, you can say it's done. As long as your tile meets the criteria such as continuity, light, scale & perspective; we will accept it.

Q: Can I use some existing pixels in my tile?
A: No, even if it was made by you. Everything in your tile must be made for this collab, by yourself.

Q: When I reserve a tile, do I need confirmation by mods to begin working on it?
A: If you are sure of these, you can begin working without confirmation.
1- your previous tile (if any) is finished,
2- you haven't made a neighboring tile previously,
3- the same tile is not claimed by someone else (check out the reservation table & latest posts),
4- the tile has a completed neighboring tile by someone else.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 9:45am
It's up guys, please try to choose the first five tiles spread over the image :)

Note: if you can upload your images to postimages.org instead of imgur you'll do me a great favour.
IP IP Logged
Fusionnist
Commander
Commander

Online Status: Offline
Quote Fusionnist Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 10:22am
Hello!
Can I start with tile 42?
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Fusionnist

Hello!
Can I start with tile 42?

Of course!
IP IP Logged
Gyhoket
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Gyhoket Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 11:14am
Hey! I'd like to take tile 89
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Gyhoket

Hey! I'd like to take tile 89

Yours Gyhoket! (btw your palette entry was my favorite).
IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 11:44am
Since this is gonna be my very first time I participate in any pixel-art collab with you guys, and that this special collab project on PixelJoint is *right* up my alley with this year’s theme, count me in!!

For my tile, I would like #64 please to help kick things off.  Thank you so much and please wish me well on it.  ;)

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 11:47am
Originally posted by AdigunPolack

Since this is gonna be my very first time I participate in any pixel-art collab with you guys, and that this special collab project on PixelJoint is *right* up my alley with this year’s theme, count me in!!

For my tile, I would like #64 please to help kick things off.  Thank you so much and please wish me well on it.  ;)

Of course! Also you can use this thread as a WIP thread to your tile and ask for any advice you may need!
IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 11:51am
Thank you for the info and for letting me know to get started on my chosen tile indeed, Gecimen.  I will do my best!!  ^-^
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 12:36pm
Woop! I eant 78!
IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 1:52pm
22 for me, please! 
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 1:57pm
Guess we have our first five tiles gone. Now the waiting game.
IP IP Logged
JerryPie
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote JerryPie Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 6:02pm
Wow! I wanted one of the initial 5. It's amazing how fast this part of PJ acts. I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with! Can't wait to join! 😁
IP IP Logged
Gyhoket
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Gyhoket Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 8:48pm
Nice to hear! Actually, I haven't even been expecting to get one of winning places
IP IP Logged
Minord
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Minord Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 8:52pm
Hello ,I can take the Tile 27
IP IP Logged
jok
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote jok Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 9:47pm
Hi, can I take 1?
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2018 at 11:48pm
Actually we never started so fast. I don’t want to hold you guys back.

Minord and Jok, go for it guys.

Jerrypie please pick a tile apart from others :)

2 more starter tiles up for grabs.
IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 1:05am
@Geci; Minord's tile touches Fusionnist's tile on top. He'll need to choose some other tile for start.
IP IP Logged
Eggy
Commander
Commander

Quote Eggy Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 1:16am
Tile 18 please! :)
IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 1:25am
@Eggy; #18 is yours. :)
IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 1:36am
Okay.  After just 13 straight hours of hard work on Tile #64 that I have chosen for this very project, here it is for you right now as the very first full tile piece of this newest collab:

In fitting with the current theme for this 2018 ISO collab here on PixelJoint using Night’s own Equpix15 palette indeed, tile #64 features a prehistoric tribal goddess of the bottomless, thick, wildly gooiest, softest, active, syrupy, ever-oozing, quaking, and quite soothingly-hot tar marshes that naturally heal such great, great wounds.  Note the tribal markings on her own face as she closes her eyes and relaxes deeply in it while weightlessly floating around shoulder-deep by the unusual buoyancy of the quite heavy yet extremely sticky melted pitch as a rather unique part of her own body as indeed a living prehistoric tar goddess that she really is, and also the interesting rainbow streaks of that oily yet rather gluey stuff as well as its slow-rising and popped creamy bubbles, too.  ;)

As this is my first real attempt at isometrics in my own pixel-art creativity, how did I do on it?  I hope I did it right enough for this piece to be officially accepted into this current ISO collab indeed.  If not, then could you please give me some advice and pointers on how to fix this and make it even better and much more suitable for this special project here?  I just want to make sure from you on that, after all. 

Thank you so much once again for your time, and an EXCELLENT upcoming weekend to all of you!!!  ^^
IP IP Logged
JerryPie
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote JerryPie Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 2:34am
Awesome thanks. I'll try #22
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 2:36am
Originally posted by JerryPie

Awesome thanks. I'll try #22

Giving you #20. 22 belongs to Irena :)
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 2:38am
Originally posted by Minord

Hello ,I can take the Tile 27

Giving you 36 instead.
IP IP Logged
JerryPie
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote JerryPie Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 2:39am
Oops! Thanks that works for me.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 3:28am
Originally posted by AdigunPolack

Okay.  After just 13 straight hours of hard work on Tile #64 that I have chosen for this very project, here it is for you right now as the very first full tile piece of this newest collab:

In fitting with the current theme for this 2018 ISO collab here on PixelJoint using Night’s own Equpix15 palette indeed, tile #64 features a prehistoric tribal goddess of the bottomless, thick, wildly gooiest, softest, active, syrupy, ever-oozing, quaking, and quite soothingly-hot tar marshes that naturally heal such great, great wounds.  Note the tribal markings on her own face as she closes her eyes and relaxes deeply in it while weightlessly floating around shoulder-deep by the unusual buoyancy of the quite heavy yet extremely sticky melted pitch as a rather unique part of her own body as indeed a living prehistoric tar goddess that she really is, and also the interesting rainbow streaks of that oily yet rather gluey stuff as well as its slow-rising and popped creamy bubbles, too.  ;)

As this is my first real attempt at isometrics in my own pixel-art creativity, how did I do on it?  I hope I did it right enough for this piece to be officially accepted into this current ISO collab indeed.  If not, then could you please give me some advice and pointers on how to fix this and make it even better and much more suitable for this special project here?  I just want to make sure from you on that, after all. 

Thank you so much once again for your time, and an EXCELLENT upcoming weekend to all of you!!!  ^^

Did you ask for critique? You've come to the right place!

Now, first off your environmental stuff (grass and puddles) are isometric but the goddess is not. It's probably because you drew it freestyle, without rulers and stuff, but worry not! Gecimen took care of it!

Now, what do we do here?

1- in order to avoid real-perspective, we need to draw an isometric skeleton that consists completely of isometric lines and is equally large both on rear and front.

2- draw basic shapes on it as projections. Circles and squares are your friend. In time I can give you examples of other shapes and projecting stuff on other surfaces, but anyways, a circle on the ground is just an ellipse that is 1:2 (vertical/horizontal) size. Drawing the head needs some imagination.

3- Raise the projections from the ground. A sphere is a 1:1 circle. Half sphere (boobs) has a 1:1 circle top and 1:2 ellipse bottom.

4- Shade the stuff and there you go.

Hope this helps. Ask away any more questions you might have.

One last thing. People will continue your tile from the borders. Almost all your borders are pure black. That doesn't give anything to continue your borders; so try to imagine your tile as lasting from all sides and fill up the borders a little :)
IP IP Logged
JerryPie
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote JerryPie Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 11:30am
Done! -- I'm excited to see what's picking up the poor villager.

IP IP Logged
Gyhoket
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Gyhoket Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 2:48pm
My #89 is done! It was very interesting (and also very difficult) to make this ISO tile!
IP IP Logged
jeremy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote jeremy Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 4:03pm
13 please!
IP IP Logged
Silenia
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Silenia Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 5:51pm
Last time I joined, I had to drop out due to real life circumstances. Dearly hoping the same won't happen this time...

I'd like tile 28, please.
IP IP Logged
CuriousBeefJerky
Commander
Commander

Quote CuriousBeefJerky Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 6:18pm
Nice to see a new collab so fast! May I have Tile 27?

WIP

@JerryPie
Nice tile! I'm also interested in seeing what dangers they're running into!
Life was hard for the earliest humans.

@Gyhoket
Also a nice tile! I like the giant butterfly/moth thing.
IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 6:18pm
As a result of your quite excellent critique and advice from earlier today on Tile #64 that I have chosen, Gecimen, I have just now successfully managed to improve on it a ton and make the living tribal prehistoric tar goddess in it a lot more properly isometric as well.  Do have a look at my update of it right here:

With the way that I have definitely reworked and revised the entire tile from the ground up, I wanted to be sure that this one is truly up to your standards in order for it to be finally accepted into your current ISO collab.  And yes, I truly took the thorough time to actually do some *true* isometric pixel-art for the very first time — and made sure for me to do the whole thing right, too.  ;)

Having just said that, Gecimen, what do you think of tile #64 now and how well have I improved on that?  Your thoughts, please.

Thank you so much once again for your wonderful input in advance.  ^^
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2018 at 10:40pm
Good job everyone.

@Adigun it looks really great mate; good work :) Think about doing more tiles!

Jeremy, Silenia and Curious the tiles are yours :)
IP IP Logged
CuriousBeefJerky
Commander
Commander

Quote CuriousBeefJerky Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 12:32am
Tile 27 complete.

@Adigun
I really like your use of the colors in your piece, especially on the ripples around the goddess.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 2:38am
Originally posted by Gyhoket

My #89 is done! It was very interesting (and also very difficult) to make this ISO tile!

Gyhoket; your tile is going nice but I believe it could be polished more, especially the lower flower looks a little flat. Are you sure you won't work on it further?
IP IP Logged
Fusionnist
Commander
Commander

Quote Fusionnist Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 3:01am
Alright, here's tile 42!
imgur -> https://i.imgur.com/bjYrQDj.png

edit: seeing how there's a chasm right on top, I'll be tweaking it

Version 2:
imgur --> https://i.imgur.com/bQ4Vc6M.png
IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 3:47am
Originally posted by Gecimen

@Adigun it looks really great mate; good work :) Think about doing more tiles!

Why thank you ever so much for the latest word on Tile #64 that I have worked so extensively on over just the past couple of days straight, which clearly demonstrated quite an outstanding use of Night’s own Equpix15 palette... truly appreciated from the bottom of my heart, my wonderful man!!!

And Gecimen, I additionally thank you furthermore for finally accepting and adding my completed tile to this year’s ISO collab map on in this already magnificent thread here... an absolute pleasure doing business with you here, let me tell you!!!  ;)

And hey, when I get a chance at creating some more tiles, I would be happy to do it.  But right now though, I am extremely proud to have already a part of this already phenomenal pixel-art collaboration with you guys and gals, and it is MOST DEFINITELY the rather best project that I have ever, ever, *ever* been an actual part of.  And so, my hat is off to you brilliantly, Gecimen, for truly getting the ball rolling on it... and for quite the outstanding new theme, also!!!    I personally just cannot wait to see where it takes us further and further down the line as more and more tiles get collaborated and completed successfully using the restrictions that you have clearly outlined in your rules located on post #3 of this entire thread.

Again, a most splendid, SPLENDID thank you indeed overall!!!  !!

Originally posted by CuriousBeefJerky

@Adigun
I really like your use of the colors in your piece, especially on the ripples around the goddess.

Well CuriousBeefJerky, it is quite fantastic to hear you say that about Tile #64 of mine here, and a wonderful thank you for that, as well!!  I appreciate it very much, truly, and great to meet you also!!!  ;)

And, I am furthermore rather glad to that you have talked about the ripples part because their thick, heavy, most stickily viscous folds really fit the bill so brilliantly in what I was truly going for in that entire tile of mine... these are thick, yielding, softest, mushiest, bottomless spiderweb-like quicksands of super-gooey healing melted pitch that are quite so soothingly-hot at an absolute maximum temperature of just nothing more than 103 degrees Fahrenheit (or, around 39.5 degrees Celsius, at most!! ), after all now, and believe me, these active and most strangely therapeutic bottomless tar-quicksands look absolutely far stickier and oooooooh-so-rather-smoother than any mud period in existence in terms of how Tile #64 looks here, don’t it here?  I created them all solely and exclusively only to resemble wholly the truest ever-untamed beauty and magnificently resplendent strength of the goddess herself, since only she controls the the raw nature of active, fathomless, gummiest, ever-shifting, and ever-viscid prehistoric primal tar quagmires from which she actually taps her raw, purest energies from, especially.  She is a living and unstoppable mighty force that even the countless many tribespeople pay great honor, respect, and true thorough reverence to, CuriousBeefJerky.  I just thought I get into some vital lore about that tribal prehistoric goddess of the active quicksands of ever-viscous melted gluey pitch a little bit because I want to truly help in making this overall 2018 ISO collab here on PixelJoint a whole lot more exciting in getting all of our absolute creative juices flowing... especially with what this current very latest overall theme — PrehISOria — richly entails and what it is all about as well.  And for all the rest of you, please be sure to keep that lore about the tar goddess in mind as I want to help make this entire project as splendidly masterful as ever in terms of our own overall pixel-art excellence and creativity, as per this current ISO collab theme that it mainly pertains to indeed.  If anything here, ladies and gentlemen, I want to quite splendidly inspire all of you most handsomely to truly get excited about this superbly amazing very project here right now going on on PJ!!!  !!

And ohhhh... did I even mention now that the quite thick and much stunningly gorgeous heavy rippling folds of the bottomless melted pitch around the goddess are made to be rainbow-like and most silkily ever-gluey in how overall convincing they seriously are, hmmm?  Yeah, they quite distinctly resemble how actual tar pits directly worked and flowed thickly rather smoothly in a most softest, most slimiest, most richly ever-elastically-gooiest liquefied quicksand-like manner at their rawest untamed fullest best, CuriousBeefJerky, like the Rancho La Brea tar pits in California, USA, the La Brea Pitch Lake in Trinidad and Tobago, and also even Lake Bermudez in Venezuela as well.  Do feel free to look them all up and even study some good videos about them as well, ladies and gents, as I found all those very places indeed to be rather damn plain fascinating in what I was going for overall as the main all-important inspiration for creating Tile #64 of this current ISO collab project indeed.  And we are all *just* getting started on in making this entire project rather plain exciting already, for sure!!!  ;)

And to JerryPie, CuriousBeefJerky, and Fusionnist — really great job in creating your completed tiles... they all look truly wonderful, especially, and show a most excellent use of how to truly optimize Night’s Equpix15 palette to your own advantage in your overall pixel-art creativity for the tiles that you all selected.  Again, really great job, all!!! 

IP IP Logged
Gyhoket
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Gyhoket Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 7:20am
I`ve made a few adjustments. And now I think, it`s ready.
Btw, can I get one more tile?
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 8:01am
@Fusionnist awesome tile.

@Gyhoket yes sure
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 8:03am

WIP! Will be finishing it up tomorrow!
IP IP Logged
tarazeroc
Seaman
Seaman

Quote tarazeroc Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 10:10am
Can i take 12? :)
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 10:22am
tarazeroc; yes sure.

@all; an you please use postimages.org to post your... images?
IP IP Logged
Eggy
Commander
Commander

Quote Eggy Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 12:45pm
Okay so here's the beginning of... something with Fred Flintstone and Dino.

I... have no clue what to do regarding Fred's arms. I wanted to have him pet Dino but now I feel like it wouldn't read well and Fred's arms would wind up looking too long considering his art style (and I can't bring them any closer to each other or their faces will look smooshed together). I'm having an idea about him holding a stone frisbee or something to show he's playing with Dino but I'm unsure if that would be fitting since frisbees didn't exist in the age of dinosaurs (but then again the setting in The Flintstones in general is just "modern civilization caveman-style" so maybe they'd have a stone frisbee too?). By default, I might just go with something along the lines of him stretching his arms forward so as to hug Dino... Any ideas?
Also are the characters ISO and correctly proportioned? I tried to make Fred roughly the size of the man in the template. I also intend to have the guys in the front yard of Fred's house, so there's a WIP road that would lead to his garage which I'll add to the tile (in part of course).
IP IP Logged
JerryPie
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote JerryPie Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Eggy

I... have no clue what to do regarding Fred's arms.

Fred was always the grumpy type, maybe something like this?
IP IP Logged
Eggy
Commander
Commander

Quote Eggy Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by JerryPie

Originally posted by Eggy

I... have no clue what to do regarding Fred's arms.

Fred was always the grumpy type, maybe something like this?

Thanks, though I don't know if I want to depict him that way :') It's just that the idea of Fred looking mean in this context makes me feel a little sad haha.
I don't watch the Flintstones a whole lot so I don't have a big insight on Fred's personality, but according to a Wikia he's actually a really kind man who can get mad pretty often. So I can imagine him having a good time with Dino.
But in any case I think your example gave me an inspiration, I'll try something in that regard. Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 3:43pm
I think I'll go for 34.
IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 8:47pm
Since I am having so much rather fun with this year’s newest pixel-based ISO collab project here with a phenomenally wonderful theme that we are tackling so far, I would like Tile #50 next please. 

Absolutely rather brilliant project, this, as it *really* makes you think about seamlessly matching adjacent tiles that were completed by someone else while coming up with something quite splendidly creative and original of your own as clearly pertaining to the main theme that has been first given to us for this whole thing indeed... and I am about to get my very first learning experience out of this next tile now that I will be working on as well, on that.  Thus, I will definitely apply myself and go for it... here I go!!!  ;)

IP IP Logged
spikeof2010
Seaman
Seaman

Quote spikeof2010 Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2018 at 11:46pm
I'd like to claim tile 67 if possible.
Edit: Here's a WIP I'm working on, any critique is welcome and appreciated. I've been in a rut so anything to improve form is welcome.

IP IP Logged
Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version