Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2018 at 8:49am
@Reo; !!!
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Online Status: Offline
Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2018 at 12:32pm
@Jeremy & Reo; these are really awesome guys!
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2018 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by spikeof2010

I'd like to claim tile 67 if possible.
Edit: Here's a WIP I'm working on, any critique is welcome and appreciated. I've been in a rut so anything to improve form is welcome.

Gave you #81 instead.

Also the beast/dino doesn't seem isometric, if you'd like some help with how to make it iso, please let me know.
IP IP Logged
Night
Commander
Commander

Quote Night Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2018 at 1:28pm
Whoa, these are great, love the use of palette!
I'd like 71.
IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2018 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Night

Whoa, these are great, love the use of palette!
I'd like 71.

Since Tile #71 that you have selected is adjacent to my already finished Tile #64, Night, I just cannot wait to see what amazing things you can do with your chosen tile using your own absolutely phenomenal 15-color palette called Equpix15.  And you know something, that very palette right there is quite one of the rather truly best that I have ever, ever had the grand pleasure of using as part of this most excellent 2018 PixelJoint ISO collab project that I am so glad that you are a part of!!! 

That said, I am completely looking forward to seeing such great, great things from you on this project... I wish you all the best success in getting it done, and I will definitely be cheering you on, as well!!!  ;)

Welcome aboard!!!  ^^
IP IP Logged
Minord
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Minord Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2018 at 9:20pm
Ok, i done the tile.

Edit: Maybe is not ready, any feedback for this.

IP IP Logged
Silenia
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Silenia Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2018 at 9:34pm
WIP for tile 28.
Not finished yet, but getting somewhere, I suppose.
IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2018 at 9:59pm
Ladies and gentlemen, I am finally ready with Tile #50, and here it is for you right now:

In this next tile that I have just made indeed, it features quite some things rather interesting to the eye, like this rainbow dragonfly buzzing about in great harmony as pertaining to the prehistoric theme richly, as well as an ever-oozing tar volcano, and even some rather special plants made of pure emerald that just started to bloom as well among other things.  Also, this newest-created tile of mine seamlessly connects and slots in beautifully with Fusionist’s already outstanding-quality Tile #42, as promised.  ;)

So, what is the word on my Tile #50 in terms of the overall quality and how well it pertains to the overall theme?  Do share with me your thoughts on that and more, please.

Thanks again so very much once more, and with many more and more new tiles that are currently hard at work, I am TREMENDOUSLY quite ecstatic to see where this grandly important project takes us as we explore even newer and much uncharted, far greater heights of masterful creativity quite indeed.  An absolute pleasure working with you all once more, most definitely!!! 
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 1:38am
@Minord, the tile seems great overall but you have a few wrong colors, also some places such as the ivory, the spear etc can use a little antialiasing. (I'll put it on the image regardless but please at least fix the colors). Important note: I moved you to #37.

@Silenia, the tile is great but all your colors are wrong.

@Adigun; the geyser/volcano doesn't really blend with the ground, thus seems like an artificial item. Unless that was your intention you might want to look into it. Otherwise it's a great tile.

Almost there with 34, gonna finish this evening.

IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 1:58am
@Minord: I like the tile and the way it comes of as a science illustration. I do think the scale is slightly off and your guys are about a head too high. I also don't think they're in perspective. You should map them out as ISO-skeletons and put each character on a grid before starting rendering, even the ones offscreen like the mammoth.

super quick scribble over. The dude with the sword is most affected. The mammoth's trunk also blends in with the bottom-most guy's head. Otherwise I think the core of the tile is nice and illustrative, just needs a bit of polish. Always nice to see more isometric mammoths!

Also very early WIP, starting a lil village.
IP IP Logged
Gyhoket
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Gyhoket Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 2:00am
Fine! I`d like to take #35
IP IP Logged
jeremy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote jeremy Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 3:06am
Okay, calling #13 done.

I'd like to claim #86 :)
IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 4:48am
Extremely rough WIP for #22. I'll try to finish it by tomorrow.

IP IP Logged
Axolotl
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Axolotl Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 5:14am
#82 please
IP IP Logged
RudeThumb
Seaman
Seaman

Quote RudeThumb Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 5:17am
Could I request a random tile? I'm really excited to try this, but I am fairly new and have almost no experience making isometric pixel art. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about doing this?
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 6:12am
Originally posted by RudeThumb

Could I request a random tile? I'm really excited to try this, but I am fairly new and have almost no experience making isometric pixel art. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about doing this?

Surely, first off let's begin with the basics. Isometric pixel art requires you to ignore all real life perspective and draw things 3 ways as in Reo's recent WIP:

As you see the base of the house goes left and right in 2:1 direction (2 px right 1 px up).

A cylinder or a person is drawn in this perspective:

Check out an organic shape drawn in isometric perspective.

Basicly whatever you do, draw an isometric skeleton and build over that.

I'll answer anymore questions you may have.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 6:35am
34 complete unless anyone has any criticism:

stonehenge shadow for neighbor:

IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Gecimen

@Adigun; the geyser/volcano doesn't really blend with the ground, thus seems like an artificial item. Unless that was your intention you might want to look into it. Otherwise it's a great tile.

It is clearly very interesting that you said that, Gecimen, as I do want to make sure about that tar volcano indeed to see if it matches up closely to the colors of the ground... see, *that* is the part that I did not know about when getting the tile ready.  Was that bit the one you are talking about, and if so, then here is my quick update to Tile #50 that has the slight but vital-enough color fixes to the volcano to help cement it as a real, fully-integrated part of the ground and rather less as an artificial prop:

Are these changes good enough to warrant this tile fully completed, or do I need to keep practicing on it until I do get it?  I do want to be clear on making sure the tar volcano’s color balance fits as clearly with the ground as possible so that it blends in richly, without it being too dark or too light.  I want it to be just right... which was why I want to check with you to make sure it is indeed with the latest update to Tile #50 indeed, which I have *just* implemented in entirety live at the time of me writing this very post, of course. 

And you know, Gecimen, there is something UTTERLY plain fascinating about tar volcanoes (aka “asphalt volcanoes”) in the first place, in that it truly oozes thick, gooiest, smooth melted pitch in a viscous liquefied form as it comes out, rather than lava period.  I just found that out on Wikipedia less than 24 hours ago, and you are truly welcome to check it out right here.  And what really blows my mind about the whole thing here is that normally, tar volcanoes tend to be created in certain underwater areas... though they can also be created on direct, solid land as well, like a couple of small ones that were located inside the old asphalt mines in Carpinteria, California, USA — which even today has a specialized unique location of its own called “Tar Pits Park”, located within Carpinteria State Beach.  You might want to check it out sometime when you get a chance, ok?  ;)

Now you know why tar pits and tar volcanoes both are rather iconic facets of prehistoric times on their own, in their own right.  And should be. 

As for your current tile which is #34 that you just now finished, Gecimen, it is just absolute first-rate stuff, and I truly love it, as it would quite easily make another outstanding to our current 2018 ISO collab map.  Fantastic job all the way so far; really proud of you!!! 

And as for your input that I have so far on my Tile #50, it has been quite rather helpful and supportive, and I especially thank you from the bottom of my heart again for that and more!!!  Really appreciate that, man!! 
IP IP Logged
CuriousBeefJerky
Commander
Commander

Quote CuriousBeefJerky Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 6:59am
@Adigun
On your tile, i believe what he meant was that the geyser has nothing that connects it to the ground, and thus seems like a solid object placed on top of the ground, instead of being part of it. In another sense, the geyser is just floating above the ground, and isn't connected to it.

I did a rough edit to show an example.

@Geciman
Those stones are amazing!

That aside, I'd like to do a reference from the game Chrono Trigger, but I'm iffy how well it fits the theme.. As such, if anyone thinks it's out of theme, i'm willing to do a different idea.

Here's a WIP of the tile. Also, may I have tile 58? :P

IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 7:50am
Originally posted by CuriousBeefJerky

@Adigun
On your tile, i believe what he meant was that the geyser has nothing that connects it to the ground, and thus seems like a solid object placed on top of the ground, instead of being part of it. In another sense, the geyser is just floating above the ground, and isn't connected to it.

I did a rough edit to show an example.

Ohhh, I see what you guys meant now.  Quite interesting, in fact.  It was really that that volcano indeed has to be a clear part of the ground, a much more stationary object, like a landmark, if you will.  It was not so much the color choices of that that had been giving me trouble.  Makes clear, perfect sense now!!  ;)

Alright, this is now my third take on Tile #50, where the tar volcano is now firmly placed directly on the ground, as a true part of the land itself.  Here is my latest improvement on it:

And with that, I just want to be sure I finally got it done right.  What do you think of the changes now; have I done a much better job in the fixes on here?

Thank you so much once again for your latest input, CuriousBeefJerky.  Duly noted, indeed.  
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 8:24am
The 3rd version is much better in terms of blending. Good work!

Also Reo and Curious thanks for the feedback you give to other participants!
IP IP Logged
Silenia
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Silenia Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 8:31am
Gecimen: hm, I used the template image with palette to grab the colours though...just checked, but seems that either there's some weird shenanigans going on when I copy the template image or the colours in the template image are off too.

I'll fix mine in a couple of hours, don't have the time right now.
IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 8:34am

The 3rd version is much better in terms of blending. Good work!

Gecimen, thank you quite especially.  My pleasure and quite a surefire honor, really, as it was rather amazing for me to be a very special part of our ever-important 2018 PixelJoint ISO collab project, just like all of our other participants as well... such a great and most splendid new week to you indeed!!!   !!
IP IP Logged
RudeThumb
Seaman
Seaman

Quote RudeThumb Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 8:42am
Thank you, that is very helpful. I am going to experiment a bit with this style before reserving a tile I think.
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 1:31pm

Finished! 15 please!
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 2:47pm
Well apart from the perfect rendering, I feel this tile begins to give the collab the thematicness it needed. Wonderful work!
IP IP Logged
CuriousBeefJerky
Commander
Commander

Quote CuriousBeefJerky Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2018 at 5:17pm
Update to 58. Something feels off with this tile, so i'm gonna give it some time and look over it then. Any critique or advice on it is welcome.

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 12:55am
Not bad at all. the left character needs some contrast to be better readable, like some black outline on the darker parts (pants and shoes). The right character's beard is not very readable atm. But apart from these it looks ok.
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 1:20am
Hey is it fine if I switch 15 out for 26? The idea fit much better with the tiles over there? And thanks a lot Geci, your tile is beautiful too!
IP IP Logged
Gyhoket
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Gyhoket Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 2:02am
#35 WIP
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 4:15am
Originally posted by Reo

Hey is it fine if I switch 15 out for 26? The idea fit much better with the tiles over there? And thanks a lot Geci, your tile is beautiful too!

Sure Reo np!
IP IP Logged
zedOFF
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote zedOFF Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 4:39am
Okay, can I participate and take number 5?
IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 4:44am
@zedOFF; of course you can! #5 is yours. Enjoy!
IP IP Logged
spikeof2010
Seaman
Seaman

Quote spikeof2010 Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 6:15am

Originally posted by spikeof2010

I'd like to claim tile 67 if possible.
Edit: Here's a WIP I'm working on, any critique is welcome and appreciated. I've been in a rut so anything to improve form is welcome.

Gave you #81 instead.
Also the beast/dino doesn't seem isometric, if you'd like some help with how to make it iso, please let me know.

Oh absolutely, I'd like any critique on it, I'm not too familiar with attempting Isometric work.
EDIT: I have no reason why the quotes are messing up.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 7:31am
claiming 72 for myself.

done for now unless someone has any criticism.

Edit: a little something to continue to next tiles (Please take this only as an inspiration - you can do whatever you want with your tile and do not have to continue the idea).

IP IP Logged
CuriousBeefJerky
Commander
Commander

Quote CuriousBeefJerky Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 8:30am
Update to 58.

@Gecimen
Thank you for the advice. On the mustache guy, I see I messed up bad cause he's supposed to be a robot lol. They're a group of time travelers, which is why I was iffy about it fitting the theme, but they do travel to 10,000,000 BC.

I mostly redid the robot, and added contrast. Any further advice is welcome, as something still bugs me about it.. Maybe the mushrooms.. Thank you again though!

Here's a link to the reference image I used:
https://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/WCCFchronotrigger-740x429.jpg
IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 8:41am

claiming 72 for myself.

done for now unless someone has any criticism.

I am so glad you have completed Tile #72, Gecimen, and you have sure picked an EXCELLENT time to claim that piece all to yourself because the most lovely adobe-created house that the armed tribesman closely guards (and most proudly watches over with such thorough eagle-like eyes, also!) is just splendidly plain wonderful to look at at all times — especially in the way you most superbly created the intricate little details (like the steps, the windows, the ladders, the clay-fired vase, the shadows, and the overall way you magnificently colored and positioned that entire home to begin with using such amazingly outstanding pixel-work that you did on this whole tile piece of yours throughout, too, including your character as well here!!!  ) that all made it so truly damn good in the first place.  I absolutely love this piece indeed, as it would make a rather plain awesome addition to our 2018 ISO collab map in its successful entirety, if I quite do say so myself!!!

Truly BRILLIANT work overall, my great man; congratulations to you on that!!!  !!
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 10:18am
Fast work Geci!
WIP for 26, going for a pagan sacrifice. But it's gonna be a few days before I can finish it up.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 2:18pm
@Adigun, I’m honored to hear you observed it so carefully! Thanks formuour kind words.

@Reo; going great already.
IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 4:15pm

@Adigun, I’m honored to hear you observed it so carefully! Thanks formuour kind words.

Always such a real pleasure once more, my man, and I seriously love how this overall 2018 ISO collab map is slowly but very surely coming together piece by piece, too.  ;)

And believe me, as for the main category of “prehistoria” that you have indeed selected as this year’s overall theme, it really pushed all the right buttons for me to the point where I have actually supported this most resplendently amazing project... and with #50 and #64 already under my belt as my way of sharing something phenomenally creative and quite unusually fascinating with you awesome guys and gals, I am rather satisfied with those two fully-completed tiles that I have made there, as it is such a great and utter joy having just gotten them prepared directly as quite a sheer blessing and honor to both you and all our entire PixelJoint community in general.  Yep, as truly as ever... and for *only* my first 6˝ months that I had been on PJ overall so far here, I sure am a whole lot happier that I did exactly those two tiles right there in supporting all of you amazing people indeed!!!  ^^

Having just said all of that now, Gecimen, our current new ISO collab map is already looking more and more absolutely quite wonderful indeed with each passing day so far... CHEERS!!!  !!
IP IP Logged
Minord
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Minord Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 6:54pm
Thanks for the feedback, i try to implement some of yours points, but my implementation is not soo good in this case. anyway, i'll try to take in acount the next time. This is the result.

I think what the past tile look best:

i can take another tile, 81 maybe.
IP IP Logged
JerryPie
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote JerryPie Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Minord

Thanks for the feedback, i try to implement some of yours points, but my implementation is not soo good in this case.

I think your image is suffering from a lot of noise. Because of this, it's very hard to make out what's happening in the scene.

Maybe you could try leaving some of the areas with more solid colors. Try removing a lot of the scattered individual pixels and work on strong shapes. (I only spent about 1 minute adjusting this, so I'm sure you could do a much better job)

Great tile overall though!
IP IP Logged
Minord
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Minord Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 10:15pm
you have reason i will try to solve it, thanks for the observation.
IP IP Logged
Gyhoket
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Gyhoket Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 12:23am
My #35 is done!
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 1:45am
Great tiles everyone!

@Minord 81 is reserved, can you please check the reservation list for another?
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 2:39am
I really wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do something worth adding here. So I didn't reserve the tile I was working on. I'd like tile 57 if it's still unspoken for though.

Any feedback is welcome.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 3:01am
Originally posted by Esven

I really wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do something worth adding here. So I didn't reserve the tile I was working on. I'd like tile 57 if it's still unspoken for though.

Any feedback is welcome.

It looks great, I could even put it in as it is, but I must say it lacks something interesting.

It's up to you really - you could call it done or add something (even something small such as a reptile, a bird or something flying).

Tell me what you want to do :)
IP IP Logged
jok
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote jok Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 5:00am
I will upload my piece at night - sketch is done
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version