IP IP Logged
Night
Commander
Commander

Online Status: Offline
Quote Night Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 5:22am
Done with my tile:

Originally posted by AdigunPolack

Since Tile #71 that you have selected is adjacent to my already finished Tile #64, Night, I just cannot wait to see what amazing things you can do with your chosen tile using your own absolutely phenomenal 15-color palette called Equpix15.  And you know something, that very palette right there is quite one of the rather truly best that I have ever, ever had the grand pleasure of using as part of this most excellent 2018 PixelJoint ISO collab project that I am so glad that you are a part of!!! 
That said, I am completely looking forward to seeing such great, great things from you on this project... I wish you all the best success in getting it done, and I will definitely be cheering you on, as well!!!  ;)
Welcome aboard!!!  ^^

Thank you very much Adigun, all the best to you too! :)
IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 5:48am
Originally posted by Night

Done with my tile:

Night, right up front about Tile #71 that you have just completed, I have just seven starting words to say about it: what a MASTERFULLY compelling piece of work!!! 

And I just love the three guys who are watching over from the top of the bridge that is covered in snow, their facial expressions and poses an outstanding treat that is just an absolute damn pleasure to watch, let’s get that right in such a splendidly good way indeed, considering how quite phenomenal a job you did in creating the characters yourself in this tile alone!!!  ;)  And I even hugely appreciate the overall way you took the wonderful, wonderful time to create this entire tile indeed from start to finish, and even the way you detailed in the snow and rocks is just absolutely brilliant, too!!!

Overall, I am rather most amazingly proud of you on a stunningly plain magnificent job you did on that pixel-art tile that shall successfully slot in rather beautifully with my Tile #64 indeed.  Congratulations to you on your absolute top-tier creation here, Night!!!  !!!
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 5:49am
Added some bones. Hopefully that counts as interesting. Focal points are generally something I struggle with.

I would consider this done for now. As always though C+C welcome.
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 5:49am
Great tiles guys! That's turning into a really beautiful and thematically consistent area!

@Minord: I don't want to go overboard with my critique, if you feel you're done with the tile by all means move on. There are however areas that are still very hard to read because you're not separating objects of importance from the background. Things like the tip of the spear, the tusk, and knife and hem of the pants are all white and will all read as just snow at a glance. Just indicating that they're important with some outlines will go a long way. You can also think about what background you're placing them on. The yellow flowers need never be close to skin. The weapons and white details on the clothes could always be on green.

IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Esven

Added some bones. Hopefully that counts as interesting. Focal points are generally something I struggle with.

I would consider this done for now. As always though C+C welcome.

Hello to you, Esven, and what a wonderful job you did on your tile here so far, especially on the super-viscous, moist, gummiest, creamy tar part... and the way you actually colored the sticky tar bubbles green is such an *interesting* stylistic choice, and it most surprisingly quite works here, so truly well done on that as well!!! 

It is great that you added in the bones to make the tar pit more convincing, BUT, before officially calling this piece done, the only slight but very important thing I’d add are the subtle, small, but noticeable thick ripples around both the bones and skull themselves to make it look like they’re deeply and well-truly stuck in that slickest and quite tenaciously gooey pitch, just like the subtle ripples you did on the bubbles so far.  That way, it would make your tile a whole lot better indeed.  ^^

Apart from that, Esven, great job from you so far!!!  ;)
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 6:56am
Originally posted by AdigunPolack

Hello to you, Esven, and what a wonderful job you did on your tile here so far, especially on the super-viscous, moist, gummiest, creamy tar part... and the way you actually colored the tar bubbles green is such an *interesting* stylistic choice, and it most surprisingly quite works here, so truly well done on that as well!!! 
It is great that you added in the bones to make the tar pit more convincing, BUT, before officially calling this piece done, the only slight but very important thing I’d add are the subtle, small, but noticeable thick ripples around both the bones and skull themselves to make it look like they’re deeply and well-truly stuck in that slickest and quite tenaciously gooey pitch, just like the subtle ripples you did on the bubbles so far.  That way, it would make your tile a whole lot better indeed.  ^^
Apart from that, Esven, great job from you so far!!!  ;)

My original thinking was that the gas bubbles would displace the surface as they rose to the top and so would kind of spill out a mound of tar around them after breaking the surface. While the bones would just be sinking. I've made the changes though and it does feel a little more consistent with the rest of the tile.

IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 7:10am

My original thinking was that the gas bubbles would displace the surface as they rose to the top and so would kind of spill out a mound of tar around them after breaking the surface. While the bones would just be sinking. I've made the changes though and it does feel a little more consistent with the rest of the tile.

What a splendid, splendid way of putting it about the bubbles there, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way you think regarding the tar itself.    And I am so richly impressed with the way that you just now successfully implemented the thick ripples around the bones and skull; that tile of yours looks just SO much better indeed now.  As excellent as ever!!!

May that tile be a most handsomely welcome addition to our current 2018 ISO collab map... and such a great job from you again, Esven; I am truly proud of you as well!!!  !!
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 10:16am

Finished I think. Gonna hold off on another tile for a bit til' I get a good idea.
Also Eggy if you have worked a lot on your tile since you last posted just let me know and I'll adapt my edge!
IP IP Logged
Axolotl
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Axolotl Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 11:02am
#82 so far
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 11:28am
Amazing job everyone. I mean each collab we go forward but this time we are nailing it.

Jeremy I know you aren' t done yet but your tile looks (beautifully) finished and I was going to put it in the image, but the colors are off.
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 11:55am
Well looks like I came up with an idea. 29 please!
IP IP Logged
Fusionnist
Commander
Commander

Quote Fusionnist Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 12:44pm
Hello again! I'd like to pick tile 49 please :)
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Fusionnist

Hello again! I'd like to pick tile 49 please :)

Hey mate, 49 is your own neighbor, can you pease pick another?

@Reo; sure!
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 5:07pm
I'd like #63
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 1:35am
Claiming 12. Dino attack inc.
IP IP Logged
jeremy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote jeremy Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 2:20am
Thanks Geci, think I've fixed the colours.

Calling 86 done
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 2:56am
Great tile Jeremy! I was about to say we had too few trees :D

wip 12:

IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 3:12am
Great start, Geci! So far, everything looks amazing. 
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 4:53am

#12 done.

Going to claiMOAI #45.
IP IP Logged
Eggy
Commander
Commander

Quote Eggy Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 8:15am
Hey guys just a little notice: I've gotten a bit busy with other things so I haven't worked on my tile much. I'll try to make some progress this week after a finals exam that's due tomorrow.
But all things considered the collab is looking very nice and we just passed one full week from being live! Great job y'all
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 8:25am

I tried to finish 2 tiles in a day but couldn't, wife calls :P Maybe can finish this tonight :D
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 10:16am
Tile #63.

I'll likely call it done unless anyone has feedback.
IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 11:05am

Tile #63 for now.

I'll likely call it done unless anyone has feedback.

Wow, you sure know how to add some convincingly powerful stuff to that new tile of yours that you did such an even more amazing job with creating... not to mention the fact that those three men on the snowy bridge have now just gotten a rather unexpected threat that they have to deal with — a ravenously, most hungrily lethal sabre-tooth tiger.  They are SURE gonna have their hands full in just trying to stay alive alone whilst avoiding becoming its own lunch, aren’t they?  ;)

TRULY SUCH A GREAT JOB again, Esven, and it is rather certainly a much better tile of yours indeed (especially with the fantastic depth and detail you gave on the rest of that bridge’s snowy rock textures and even on its cave opening as well to give it that phenomenal 3d look, also!!! )... you most definitely are improving in your pixel-art skills with flying colors right here, and it clearly shows!!!  !!
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 12:23pm
Thanks I suppose. This tile has a more interesting composition over all but technically speaking I found the last tile in many ways more challenging. Just because I had two neighbors to tie together thematically and a tile in the center of a tar pit is generally pretty flat which can be somewhat limiting. As well the goddess statue in the tar pit isn't quite isometric which I personally struggled with a little bit. Even though it's a pretty simple composition it actually took me a decent amount of time.

This tile on the other hand with only one direct neighbor gave me a lot more freedom and lended itself well to having a bit more going on. Thank you for the compliment either way though.

In any event I did a bit of fiddling which probably isn't even noticeable but is a little bit cleaner.

IP IP Logged
Night
Commander
Commander

Quote Night Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 12:23pm
Wonderful work everyone, I especially enjoy Reo, Gecimen and Jeremy's tiles! Everything is really starting to fit together now.
I'd like to take 49.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 12:33pm
@Esven; your tile quality goes up very fast! Keep up the good work!

@Night; surely and thank you :)

wip 2:

IP IP Logged
DawnBringer
Commander
Commander

Quote DawnBringer Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 2:18pm
@Esven: Great tile, but beware the banding on the leg!
IP IP Logged
CuriousBeefJerky
Commander
Commander

Quote CuriousBeefJerky Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 6:15pm
Final update to tile 58, I promise.

Can I have 33?
Rough WIP.

@Gecimen
How are you making so many great tiles so fast? Amazing work!

This collab is going so fast I can't stop and appreciate all the tiles. 
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 8:17pm
Well I'm inspired by the awesome activeness here :)

FAQ updated.
IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2018 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Gecimen

Well I'm inspired by the awesome activeness here :)

I am absolutely and most completely glad to hear that from you, Gecimen, and so personally am I.  And man, we are all quite undeniably thriving in such positive, positive creativity like there in no tomorrow, which is rather an especially good thing indeed in the case of your ever-phenomenal 2018 ISO collab project for us here at PixelJoint!!!  I totally agree.  !!

Speaking of which, my man, I simply found your newly-claimed Tile #45 to be your ABSOLUTE overall best work of this project so far, as it quite magnificently shows a rather brilliant native primal dance between a woman and man in such deep and powerful worship together of the Moai statues most harmoniously... a perfect natural fit in such ever-wondrous and untamed prehistoria, done spectacularly in pixel-art form by you... what an utterly amazing piece of work, especially on the colors and detail (including on the statues and those two main dancers there, too!!!).  I TRULY LOVED IT!!!  !!

And also, Gecimen, going back to my own two tiles just now — Tile #50 and Tile #64 — sometimes, even the slightest little small pixels can make a whole world of difference.  That is what I just found out as I checked closely at them, and found out all of a sudden here that there was quite something amiss that I first did not even know about at all.  So, for my final update of those two tiles, I had to clean up some pixels and improve on certain elements to them both.

On my Tile #50 update, I had to get rid of some nasty stray pixels on the outer part of the tar volcano and overall make it even more readable to the eye, as well as update the outer banks of the tar pit there in that tile alone;

...and on my Tile #64 update, I cleaned up the detail of the ever-living prehistoric tribal goddess of the thick, healing, bottomless, liquefied, ever-oozing, quicksand-like, and quite so soothingly-hot gummiest melted pitch in order to make her a whole rather lot more “natural”, tribal, alive, and all the more truly feminine and ever-voluptuously gorgeous rather than a statue at all, and I even added a few more tribal markings most noticeably on her right shoulder in order to help make this tile EVEN better as my overall improvement.  What can I say; I had to make her a ton more convincing as my final update to this tile here indeed as well for the main prehistoric theme that we are going for here, because as I most handsomely said, Gecimen, it is sometimes those small tiny pixels indeed that make quite a world of difference.  That said right here, my man, what do you think of the tar goddess now?  ;)

Could you please update my two tiles into our current 2018 ISO collab map?  Thank you ever so much in advance for your amazing support, and a most SPECTACULAR job once again on your newly-claimed Tile #45, especially!!  Congratulations to you again!!!  !!!
IP IP Logged
jok
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote jok Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 2:40am
hi - here is an early sketch, sorry, it took too long
but the good news is that I will have time today so I will finish this and maybe a couple of new pieces
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 2:50am
Thank you Adigun!

Will update your tiles in the next upload (which will probably be today).
IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 3:24am
I'll take #4.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 3:57am
Originally posted by jok

hi - here is an early sketch, sorry, it took too long
but the good news is that I will have time today so I will finish this and maybe a couple of new pieces

Hi Jok, please check out the last collab to see how the outer tiles are handled. (Basically we don't want to recognize the tile shape). Also remember you can go out of the current image size. All in all the corner tiles of a collab is important in defining the final shape of the image. Here are some corner tiles of the previous collab:

As this is your first participation in these collabs, if you think this is too much for you, I can change your tile reservation number. On the other hand you are a talented artist and I'm sure you can do the best if you want :)

-----------
I'm planning to go for #55 unless anyone else wants it, this will be the first big mountain of ISO collabs history :)
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 7:11am
Are diagonal tiles considered "neighbored" for the purposes of reservation? For example could I reserve #11 even though it has no direct neighbors?
IP IP Logged
jok
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote jok Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 7:13am
Thanks for clarification Gecimen, sure I can handle this.
Today finally I will have some free time so I plan to draw maybe 2 more pieces (when I finish this with 18 and 52 would be cool).
Thanks for your help, I will use examples as direction :)
IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 7:41am
#22 is finally done.

IP IP Logged
AdigunPolack
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote AdigunPolack Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Irenaart

#22 is finally done.

Hello to you as well, Irenaart, and about your just-completed Tile #22, I am glad you took the time to finally create that because you did such an all-around wonderful job on it, and excellent detailing work especially on that spotted large prehistoric cat and on the bridge that the creature is crossing with sheer ease as well.  Your hard work truly paid off, let me quite tell you!!!  

Overall, such a marvelous job indeed... keep it up!!!  ;)

Thank you Adigun!

Will update your tiles in the next upload (which will probably be today).

Thank you once more for letting me know, Gecimen, and you are quite splendidly welcome once again!!  ;)  You have yourself a great upcoming weekend!!! 
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 8:41am
I'd like #18.
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 9:02am

I'd like #18.

18 is reserved by Eggy!
And yeah diagonal tiles count as neighbors!

IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 9:05am
@Esven; Sure! #18 is yours!
EDIT: Ups, no it isn't. Choose some other tile. Space around Gyhoket's tile #89 is empty. Would you like some of them?

@Adigun; Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 9:46am
Ah my bad I should have read more carefully. I thought that 18 was just a tile they were considering. Good news is I think I can work my WIP into one of the other tiles. I'll take #11 then. @Eggy if you want to post or send me your WIP so we can keep things consistent between tiles that would be nice. It looks like you've been working on 18 for a while and I don't want to just completely upend your tile.
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 10:03am

Still a fair bit away on this. But posting a wip.
IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 10:11am
Really rough WIP for #4. Just to know where my thoughts go...

IP IP Logged
zedOFF
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote zedOFF Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 10:36am

ok so basically it's an ok hand statue
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 10:38am
Esven; Can I give you #19 instead? You can't reserve tiles without direct neighbors.

Right now the available tiles are:

7, 14, 15, 19, 21, 30, 36, 38, 41, 43, 44, 51, 52, 53, 56, 65, 66, 70, 79, 80, 85, 93, 94, 96 and 97.

There are plenty of available tiles for all tastes :)
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 10:39am
Originally posted by zedOFF

ok so basically it's an ok hand statue

Your people are very small for the collab scale :)
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2018 at 10:48am

Esven; Can I give you #19 instead? You can't reserve tiles without direct neighbors.
Right now the available tiles are:
7, 14, 15, 19, 21, 30, 36, 38, 41, 43, 44, 51, 52, 53, 56, 65, 66, 70, 79, 80, 85, 93, 94, 96 and 97.
There are plenty of available tiles for all tastes :)

Oh, I did ask if diagonals counted as neighbored for reserving tiles. I'll guess I'll just have to wait for it to be available then. I put a bit of work into the tile but nothing too major.

I'll probably hold off on reserving a tile until tomorrow just because I probably won't have time to finish it today.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version