Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Resources and Support
Message Icon Topic: Pixel Art Rejected Post Reply Post New Topic
imsomnia
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote imsomnia Replybullet Topic: Pixel Art Rejected
    Posted: 17 September 2018 at 11:05pm
Well yesterday I uploaded a pixel art and a feew hours later I received a message that it was rejected because poor technique/minimal effort, I don't know why because I saw alot of minimal or simple pixel art in the gallery and after I received the reject I saw that in the gallery you accepted some new pixel art with the same technique that mine.
This is the pixel art rejected:

Red Demon

Thank you all.
IP IP Logged
Hapiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Online Status: Offline
Quote Hapiel Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2018 at 2:08am
Hi imsomnia,

I understand your frustration. The approvals are done by a team of moderators, and although we all try to have the standard, some borderline pieces might slip in one time and not another time...

On top of that moderators might be more lenient to first submissions, which is why I personally approved your portraits pieces (although I don't know who rejected the demon, nor does it matter)

The best way to go from here is to try and improve it a bit and resubmit it afterwards. It's not bad at all, but some tips to get you started:
The shading on the shoulders is inconsistent with that on the face
The arms seem not connected to any shoulders, especially his left shoulder would be expected to be much wider
The mouth and nose seem a dull. I understand that that's also a style choice, but I'm sure with some more experimentation I'm sure you could find a nicer variant that looks equally simplistic/cartoonish but more satisfying.

Also, why not take this to the WIP forum and get some more feedback on it?
Good luck!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version