WIP (Work In Progress)
 Pixel Joint Forum : Pixel Art : WIP (Work In Progress)
Message Icon Topic: Wip: warhammer game Post Reply Post New Topic
Gobbach
Midshipman
Midshipman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Gobbach Replybullet Topic: Wip: warhammer game
    Posted: 02 November 2018 at 5:11am
Hello everyone , i've finally decided to start my adventure into making a videogame.
It will be an rpg based on the warhammer fantasy battles universe;
this is an image showing the idle animation of what will be some of the races in the game (others will be added eventually).
i feel like a lot can be done here but i really don't know where to start, let me know what you think about it!

IP IP Logged
dpixel
Commander
Commander

Quote dpixel Replybullet Posted: 02 November 2018 at 9:03pm
There's a lot you could do here as far as design.  Use your imagination.  Look for ideas online.
As far as animation, if you're only doing 3 frames, you might as well do 4, and make frames 2 and 4 the same to make it smoother.  I'm not that good at animation, but here's an edit:
hehe (ಠ_ಠ ) o_- :p
IP IP Logged
Gobbach
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Gobbach Replybullet Posted: 04 November 2018 at 8:04am
Thank you for the reply, that was really helpful.
So here's an update, on the left there are some black orc armor looks and the new model, on the right on the first image there's the old model with 4th frame added, on the 3rd image there's your example, and on the 2nd image there's what I ended up with, yours is better but i wanted to keep the animation as simple as possible without copying you.

IP IP Logged
dpixel
Commander
Commander

Quote dpixel Replybullet Posted: 05 November 2018 at 6:15am
Looks better.  My example was about trying to loose the look of the `part shift and stretch`.  I and II both exhibit the crotch moving up and down (for example) without a reason.  I could see if the knees were bending or something. 
An idle could be side to side movement as well..really anything.
Either way II looks better than I, and animation is time consuming (especially if you have a lot of characters with a lot of moves), so I understand about keeping it as simple as possible.  Strictly limiting colors helps with that as well.
hehe (ಠ_ಠ ) o_- :p
IP IP Logged
Gobbach
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Gobbach Replybullet Posted: 08 November 2018 at 2:16am
Again, thank you, i had some free time and spent it pixeling, sorry for the chaotic image, i'll try to make things easy for you...since we started with orcs i continued with all the faction :) :
1-solved the crotch problem i think;
2-upgraded the goblin from I to II, i kinda like it, not so sure on the legs;
3-made some attack animations: goblin with spear,goblin with 1hand weapon, orc with spear (dont really like this one but couldnt get anything better) and orc with 1h weapon;
4-first attempt on a goblin walking animation;
5-all the rest is just work in progress to give you an idea on what has to come.
IP IP Logged
Vilmore
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Vilmore Replybullet Posted: 29 November 2018 at 2:08am
I just wanna jump in here to root you on!

I love your stuff. It looks really cool and reminds me of the good days when warhammer still had charm.
I will definitely keep an eye on this topic to check up on your progress.

I have been working(thinking) for a long time on a game that captures the the same itch I got from the Warhammer tabletop game when I was younger. But I want to have a more solid programmed and working project before I invest a lot of time in sprites.
IP IP Logged
Gobbach
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Gobbach Replybullet Posted: 13 December 2018 at 8:46am
Hello there, it's been a while.
Vilmore, that is great!Thank you a lot!
At this point this is a 'just for fun' project (also because i have no idea how copyrights work soooo...yeah), and any kind of collaboration is more than welcome! If u have any idea just tell me and we can talk about it.
Anyways, here's another update, Empire this time.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version