WIP (Work In Progress)
 Pixel Joint Forum : Pixel Art : WIP (Work In Progress)
Message Icon Topic: Woman by Window Post Reply Post New Topic
Edgar Plutonio
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Edgar Plutonio Replybullet Topic: Woman by Window
    Posted: 20 December 2018 at 3:27pm
Hello! Would anyone mind giving me some pointers or tips? Even something that doesn't revolve around the pixel method itself (including color, perspective, content, anatomy, or anything!). Thanks everyone ;)

IP IP Logged
Zubb
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Zubb Replybullet Posted: 20 December 2018 at 7:37pm
One thing I've noticed is that your image has an extremely high color count, 364 to be exact. From looking at it, it seems like this is because you are using the brush tool, gradients, or some other kind of tool to automatically blend pixels. This is usually frowned upon in pixel art, as it not only takes away your total control over the art (which is very important when drawing things on a tiny canvas!) but also produces noise, which looks imprecise. To improve this, I would try to recreate your art with as few colors as possible. You can do this in Photoshop and GIMP using indexed colors, but it might be more useful for you if you tried doing it manually.

Besides that, it's mostly fine. However, the candles seem a little too small, and most of the background details are a little hard to read. Also, the arm could use some cleaning up, as the lines are forming 'jaggies': jagged, uneven curves.
IP IP Logged
Edgar Plutonio
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Edgar Plutonio Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2018 at 1:18pm
Geez, that many colors?! I made another room to focus on limiting my color palette. I should only have 8 colors, of which I wrote down. Also, do the trees outside of the window look like trees?

I may have lost the original file though (PDN, not PNG). When I try to open it (using paint.net) it says that something has gone wrong. That is why I made the other thingy. Any ideas on why this is happening?

IP IP Logged
snv
Commander
Commander

Quote snv Replybullet Posted: 22 December 2018 at 11:38pm
And where is the woman? The scene is too dark, it is hard to see anything in there.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version