Job Offerings
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: [QUOTE ONLY/PAID] Pixel Artist for Wizard Game Post Reply Post New Topic
comatose_turtle
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote comatose_turtle Replybullet Topic: [QUOTE ONLY/PAID] Pixel Artist for Wizard Game
    Posted: 18 February 2019 at 6:06pm
Hi!

My game will be up on Kickstarter very soon, and I am looking for quotes for the work I am trying to get done, so that I can present a realistic requirement to the backers and actually hire an artist for the amount quoted if successful.

You can play the alpha version of the game on the website, AreYouAWizard.co, to get a feel for it, but all of the art is on the chopping block to be replaced.

I am looking for character, environment, and UI art.

In the end, I expect to need about 30 monsters drawn, with spritesheets consisting of at least 33 animation frames. The spritesheets will need to be finalized in separate layers, in order to allow colorization of different parts separately. The feel of the monsters will be split between comical and horror, and all sprites will be a square aspect ratio and need to be readable from a small size for gameplay reasons.

I also require a similar spritesheet set for the player character, both male and female, but with further layering for the interchangeable faces. I would hope for at least 10 different face options for each gender.

Environments would involve a series of maybe 6 or 7 different floor textures and 5-10 times as many tileable wall textures corresponding to those floors. There would also be about 10 different destructible containers and 40 different items.

The UI would involve designing and developing a title screen, loading screen, in-game status panel, log window, controls display, and a menu that will end up particularly heavily used with a lot of info in it (currently taking up 5 tabs, but of course open to redesign).

To reiterate, I am unable to hire anyone at present, but will certainly be looking in full force if the Kickstarter succeeds next month. For now, if anyone can provide PMs with quotes for what they expect any of this might cost, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!
Tommy / Comatose Turtle
IP IP Logged
Metaru
Commander
Commander

Quote Metaru Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2019 at 6:10am
basically, you need a budget.
I ate leel's babies
IP IP Logged
comatose_turtle
Seaman
Seaman

Quote comatose_turtle Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2019 at 4:08pm
Correct, Metaru. I am constructing a budget, and I need something realistic.

I am certainly looking for an artist to help with the work as well, but first and foremost, I will need to get properly funded to pay said artist, and for that I just need a quote for now.

I've gotten a few PMs asking about the quality of graphics before committing to a quote, and assuming that means resolution, then I can throw out 32x32 or 64x64 pixel characters as two different options I might like to get quotes on.

Anything else that is meant by quality is something that I consider the prerogative of the artist. I would hope that you would at least be making something you are proud of.

Thanks to those who have so far responded, by the way, though I am still looking for more quotes.
IP IP Logged
comatose_turtle
Seaman
Seaman

Quote comatose_turtle Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2019 at 6:12pm
Also, yes, I just realized that I gave the wrong link, haha. Please try the link now.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version