Job Offerings
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: [PAID] Long Term Position for Isometric Game Post Reply Post New Topic
VoyagerGames
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote VoyagerGames Replybullet Topic: [PAID] Long Term Position for Isometric Game
    Posted: 21 February 2019 at 6:05pm
Hi Everyone,

I run a small company called Voyager Games, and we're working on a colony management sim / RTS called Outer Colony. The software we're building is a personal project I've been working on for years, growing out of research work I used to do in the defense industry. The project's fundamental aims are to push the boundaries of simulation and AI in commercial software, and using our custom, in-house tech to power a neat, society-management sort of game.

You can find out about the company, the game, and more on our website, linked here:

https://voyagergames.com/

About a year and a half ago, we decided to overhaul Outer Colony's graphics, converting the renderer from an overhead, 2D system to a semi-orthogonal / isometric one. Game worlds are 3 dimensional spaces, and it was proving too difficult to navigate the 3-space environments using overhead projection and Z-level slicing.

With the renderer overhaul well underway, we've managed to make some great progress! Outer Colony is a game of thousands of sprites, though, and we're now looking to add a second pixel artist to speed up the sprite production process.

With that in mind, we're looking for someone who can handle the following sorts of tasks:
-Making isometric pixel art.
-Producing animated assets, from machinery to creatures to humans.
-Can mesh with the game's existing style and help steer it in a cool direction.
-Enjoys sci-fi art, making sprites in a Star Wars / soft-sci-fi inspired universe.
-Experience with procedural sprite generation is a huge plus.

If you think you'd be a good fit for this project, please feel free to send me a private message on these boards. If possible, include a link to your portfolio, examples of past work, and the rate you'd charge per 32 x 32 pixel sprite (non-animated).

I split work into manageable contracts of a few hundred dollars each, define all assets to be delivered in a spreadsheet, and pay 100% up-front via Paypal. I like to think that I'm a pretty easy guy to work with, and I try to keep work on this project fun for everyone involved! As such, I don't really impose hard deadlines, but instead provide general guidelines and leave the scheduling up to you.

If you want to take a vacation for a couple weeks and can't work then, or if something else comes up in your life, I always aim to be accommodating. The project is fully self-funded by me, and I suppose that one of the benefits of having no responsibility to external investors or management is that I can keep the project fun and enjoyable!

If this sounds like the sort of project in which you'd be interested, send me a private message here, and let's talk! I look forward to receiving applications, and I appreciate your having taken the time to read this.

-Sam
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version