Job Offerings
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: [PAID] Pixel Artist Wanted $2000+ (Long-term) Post Reply Post New Topic
Aeranima
Midshipman
Midshipman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Aeranima Replybullet Topic: [PAID] Pixel Artist Wanted $2000+ (Long-term)
    Posted: 25 February 2019 at 4:35am
I am looking for a pixel artist that has a natural talent for color palettes, tilesets, sprites, but most importantly environment presentations. The project was first initiated 2004, but became recognized as something in 2008. (More info about the project upon hiring.)

This is what i am looking for in terms of quality:

Triptych by NostalgicTree on Deviantart

If you're a fan of the Zelda-series then this is your forum.

The job (Tilesets):

You will under my guidelines create and/or recreate some 32 by 32 tiles (16x16 px = 1 tile) areas with your original tiles that i will request from you.

Payment (Tiles)

Greetings! I've changed the payment.

$20/hour.

2 hours for free to determine the speed and quality of work.

One 8-hour day a month and I tell you when I have the $160. In turn you will notify me which day suits you the best so i can be around if you need feedback during work.

This month will be $120.

This should express how much i value your skill and effort to be invested into this.

Apply below with samples of your works. I will notify you immediately if i can anticipate immediately that you will be the perfect candidate for this job. Good luck and i will look forward hearing from you all.

Ps. If establishing a good relationship and this job is done flawlessly - this will definitely lead to more work for this project and others.
IP IP Logged
DawnBringer
Commander
Commander

Quote DawnBringer Replybullet Posted: 25 February 2019 at 10:01am
If I understand this correctly; you're offering less than 2 cents per tile!? Or are you talking about whole scenes? And even so, who do you think can draw an 512x512 image in less than an hour?
IP IP Logged
Aeranima
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Aeranima Replybullet Posted: 25 February 2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by DawnBringer

If I understand this correctly; you're offering less than 2 cents per tile!? Or are you talking about whole scenes? And even so, who do you think can draw an 512x512 image in less than an hour?

Hi DawnBringer. Great portfolio you got there. I'll try to be professional about your questions, as i'd like you to be in your next reply to keep the toxicity to a minimum here. :)

To clarify - I need tilesets.

The scenery of which the tiles will be implemented on is basically already complete.

For every 32x32 tiles created with the new tileset - the above price will be paid to the artist regardless if the tiles were used for 1 area or not.

Of course, every area will probably need some edits regardless.

It's not going to be a fully 512x512 hand drawn pixel illustration.

Being a pixel artist myself, the 1 hour implication was a bit absurd as i clearly said "you'll get to pick your own time schedule". I am very well aware of the time it takes to construct a single piece. Pixel art consumes much of time as every pixel counts.

Hope this answered your questions. :)

IP IP Logged
Feenicks
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Feenicks Replybullet Posted: 26 February 2019 at 7:36am
How much reuse of tiles would you be expecting between each area, exactly? $16/area would amount to all of 4 new or unique 32x32 tiles given my rates, which unless you're expecting most areas to share graphics wouldn't get you very far at all.
IP IP Logged
Aeranima
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Aeranima Replybullet Posted: 27 February 2019 at 1:52am
Greetings! I've changed the payment.

$20/hour.

2 hours for free to determine the speed and quality of work.

One 8-hour day a month and I tell you when I have the $160. In turn you will notify me which day suits you the best so i can be around if you need feedback during work.

This month will be $120.

This should express how much i value your skill and effort to be invested into this.
IP IP Logged
megaoy
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote megaoy Replybullet Posted: 27 February 2019 at 12:20pm
i sent you private message
IP IP Logged
Zugai89
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Zugai89 Replybullet Posted: 06 March 2019 at 9:24am
Are you still looking for someone to take that job? :D
IP IP Logged
Aeranima
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Aeranima Replybullet Posted: 06 March 2019 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Zugai89

Are you still looking for someone to take that job? :D

Yes. :)
IP IP Logged
Aeranima
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Aeranima Replybullet Posted: 08 March 2019 at 10:02am
Just letting you know that this spot haven't been filled yet. :)
IP IP Logged
JayKnox
Seaman
Seaman

Quote JayKnox Replybullet Posted: 09 March 2019 at 9:21am
Hi Aeranima,

I'm Jay Knox, and I have a lot of experience creating tiles and background setpieces like what you seem to be looking for. I tend towards no-outline color based backgrounds which lines up with the style example you gave. You can see some of my pixel portfolio here: http://jayknoxart.com/

I also have other images that don't fit with my portfolio but may be relevant to the sort of backgrounds you're looking for. If you're interested, feel free to email me at jayknoxart (@) gmail.com.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version