Message Icon Topic: Planet ISO Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
PC PIXEL
Midshipman
Midshipman

Online Status: Offline
Quote PC PIXEL Replybullet Posted: 03 September 2019 at 5:03am
Originally posted by Gecimen

@PC PIXEL: Yes you definitely made an improvement. The geometry is half fixed now, the lines of the sandworm doesn't indicate a cylindrical shape, that's the only problem.
Like this?

Btw...that millennium falcon is the real deal.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 03 September 2019 at 5:38am
Thank you guys :>

@PC pixel; nah i was talking about the lines on the sandworm, not on the sand :) Anyways it's ok if you don't want to work on it more, I alread put it on the main image.
IP IP Logged
EntropicOrder
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote EntropicOrder Replybullet Posted: 03 September 2019 at 11:43pm
@mairusu Nice job, and thanks for expanding on the Metroid area. :)
@gecimen Wow, your Millennium Falcon is superb!
IP IP Logged
PC PIXEL
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote PC PIXEL Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2019 at 7:01am

@PC pixel; nah i was talking about the lines on the sandworm, not on the sand :) Anyways it's ok if you don't want to work on it more, I alread put it on the main image.

Ah..I misread and fixed somthing that didn't need fixed.
It's not a problem, i will work on it with pleasure, even this means to improve.
Thank for the advices.
IP IP Logged
Eggy
Commander
Commander

Quote Eggy Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2019 at 11:26am
Hey guys sorry for no updates again, anyhow I've been a little busy with an essay for college and still have some work left but I'm doing my best to keep the tile on my mind :)
IP IP Logged
vierbit
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote vierbit Replybullet Posted: 06 September 2019 at 1:46am

Finished #23.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 06 September 2019 at 2:35am
@vierbit, you are the master of the universe! I had to search for my jaw on the ground for a while, after seeing everything you have done to this tile with all the contrasting color combinations and creating crazy spiked snakeskin textures combined with alien bio structures from another dimension.

@Gecimen, could you please allow me to claim #38 and use the freeze ability. I don't want to lose all the work I started on #98, but I wish to work on #38 when darchangel is done.
IP IP Logged
PC PIXEL
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote PC PIXEL Replybullet Posted: 06 September 2019 at 4:18am
Now I think is what you was talking about...
If it's ok i wanna take #24.
I wanna draw something from halo.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 06 September 2019 at 4:40am
@vierbit; plain amazing!

@gawrone; I can only freeze a reservation you began doing already and can not continue because of someone else. In this case I can freeze 96, but you need to start working on 38 :) Also remember; we always take the first person to finish their tile as basis. So you can just start and finish 38 (taking darchangel's WIP into account) and ask him to fit yours.

@PC pixel, sure!
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 06 September 2019 at 4:49am
Thank you Gecimen. I will start 38 right away. :D
IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 06 September 2019 at 7:28am
Sorry guys for such a delay, but I'm out of free time so don't know when will find it to finish #96 (but will try in the next few days, though). I don't want to block you @gawrone, and I'm sure that Geci () will give you a green light so you can work on some other tile...

EDIT: btw guys, @gecimen, @vierbit and all the others, fantastic works and fantastic tiles. This is one great collaboration...
IP IP Logged
PC PIXEL
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote PC PIXEL Replybullet Posted: 07 September 2019 at 4:39am
WIP for 2.

I never draw human forms but it's not too bad...maybe a bit out scale...
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 07 September 2019 at 6:24am
@Irenaart, please don't worry about me. We are here to have fun so don't rush anything and take your time.

@PC PIXEL it looks great and seems to be pretty much in scale as I see it.

I have WiP #38 of a Moebius inspired tile. First I wanted to draw Arzach, but another flying creature with rider in this area of the collab could look bad. So I chosed this flying machine:

But before I work more I wish to ask if this is fine to have the flying ship larger in scale (trying to suggest it is flying high above/is closer to viewer). I think that if the land in the distance will be smooth and the ship will have dark outlines it could work but I need to ask experienced artists about it first. So dear guys and gals, please tell me what you think.

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 07 September 2019 at 8:44pm
@gawrone; well the first thing is this is not in isometric perspective, which makes it seem a little off. Even if itís going straight east, itís not iso :/ Normally I wouldnít waste your work but I feel this is taking it too far off from the scope of this collab.

And secondly, in isometric, there is strictly no ďlarger because closerĒ, but your ship doesnít seem too large.

@PC PIXEL; the characters look more like a side view rather than isometric, you can check the first post to tell the difference. Otherwise they donít look out of scale.

@both, if you need me to help with how to draw these in isometric, please tell me and iíll produce a sketch.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 07 September 2019 at 11:07pm
Thank you @Gecimen, I didn't know that about iso. But I was thinking what I did wrong about the perspective for a moment, and I found it. I turned the front edge of the wing to 2:1 but the side is straight when also should be 2:1.

What should I do? Fix the perspective of this and ignore that there is no larger becasue closer in iso (the character still will be too big) or start over in smaller scale?
IP IP Logged
PC PIXEL
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote PC PIXEL Replybullet Posted: 07 September 2019 at 11:32pm

@PC PIXEL; the characters look more like a side view rather than isometric, you can check the first post to tell the difference. Otherwise they donít look out of scale.

I see the problem now...I was warry about the scale that I forgot the most important thing.
I was refering by this picture and I lost the way.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Aar7bBjNK8c/hqdefault.jpg

Is that the right way?

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 08 September 2019 at 5:32am
I tried to construct the ship in the correct perspective and in the right scale. Please let me know if this is acceptable.

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 08 September 2019 at 6:53am
@pc pixel, the left character seems right. The right characterís legs should be goind down (possibly out of your tile).

@gawrone; just beautiful! hope this helped you practice iso a little so the time isnít wasted.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 08 September 2019 at 1:33pm
Thank you Gecimen. Yes, I enjoyed the practice, and it felt the oposite of wasted time. I guess not all failures are bad if we don't treat them as such :)
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 09 September 2019 at 4:49pm
@PC PIXEL; I think you're aiming for something like this.

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2019 at 3:04am
Update on Moebius tile #38:

Reference picture for the shuttle from World of Edena:

The tile is not "finished", becasue I have place left for collab with darchangel, and I will be adding stuff on the bottom, but I'm not going to change anything on the left, so #30, and #45 can already be started.

IP IP Logged
PC PIXEL
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote PC PIXEL Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2019 at 5:34am

@PC PIXEL; I think you're aiming for something like this.

I see your post now... and this is my result.

I think the shadows are non completely correct but I can't do it better...

@gawrone: I didn't know moebius and your tile is awesome
IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2019 at 7:42am
@gawrone; You nailed it! Like a pro... 
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2019 at 11:44am
Wow! Thank you Irena and PC PIXEL. I almost feel like a pro, when reading such compliments 

@PC PIXEL I was familiar with Moebius, but while working on this tile I actually updated my poor knowledge with reading Wikipedia english language article about him, which is very long and detailed. And it blew my mind. He was far more important for SF, and art in general, then I imagined, with all his art, comic, ilustration, design and conceptual art used in many SF movies we consider classic today. He was working with and influenting many great names for half of a century.

Few edits on the tile: Added some spikes, sunlight in the cockpit and some leg fixes. If needed it is ready to be temporarly installed in the collab (so others can claim neighbour tiles), becasue I will update it only with darchangel collaboration on the bottom.

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2019 at 3:26pm
@PC PIXEL; The shadows should go directly to the west (left).

@gawrone; really beautiful tile! I'm glad you're improving really fast each time you draw one :)
IP IP Logged
PC PIXEL
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote PC PIXEL Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2019 at 10:44pm

@PC PIXEL; The shadows should go directly to the west (left).

You mean like this right?

I also redefine the characters and for me it seem a bit better than erlier...and I have no idea what I could add to the piece.
If it's ok I'd like to try on 2, I know I'm a newby but I have an idea..I will post a wip and if it's not right I'll pass the tile...If you agree.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2019 at 11:23pm
@PC PIXEL, #2 is reserved by Eggy, with WiP already posted so quick choose different tile before Gecimen or Irenaart will log again to grant you another one. You can check tile avaivability on the first page, under the main collab image. Black numbers with no names (that are not your tile neighbours) are free to go.

EDIT:

I hope I'm not wron in this but from what I see, excluding your neighbour tiles you can pick from 3, 10, 12, 14, 18, 19, 22, 26, 39, 45, 62, 64, 69, 70, 75, 78, 79, 85, 86, 88, 89, 97.

@Gecimen. On the list under the main image, PC PIXEL's tile #59 with sandworm is not described. Might be confusing for someone while searching for avaivable tiles.

And I'm super glad when you call my tiles beautiful Thank you.
IP IP Logged
PC PIXEL
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote PC PIXEL Replybullet Posted: 11 September 2019 at 12:01am
Originally posted by gawrone

@PC PIXEL, #2 is reserved by Eggy, with WiP already posted so quick choose different tile before Gecimen or Irenaart will log again to grant you another one.

You're right, I have misreaded another time, sorry.
But it doesen't matter if it's 3...well that's my idea, and I don't think it's a problem to adapt to the other tiles because the main character is at the center.

If I have to wait that the other tile have to finish, it's not a problem.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 11 September 2019 at 1:00am
I'm not a greatest source of advice here, since I'm a beginner, but I can share my thoughts. While the idea looks very interesting, and would fit nicely on #2 if it was avaivable, if you would like to place it on #3 you would have to adapt it a bit.

Thecentipede spikes are not totally determined and my doodle is just a clumsy example, but from their thickness and edge angles you can predict they will have to be long, even almost through half of the tile (that is of course if you do not come up with an out of the box idea like other monster biting them of, or cutting them with laser or buring or just holding them and pulling in other directions, breaking...etc) I'm not suggesting anything but anyone can get creative beyond just continuing ideas.

On the bottom you would have to include the river shore - which I have no idea how should go to look good :( - but this would also interfere with your concept a bit. Even if your monster is levitating, not standing, you would have to find good  placement of the river shore and your monster legs in way of composition.

And you would have to draw at least one centipede leg, which I tried to draw in many different positions and none looked good so I left last draft just to have something there.This part seems much more difficult then I predicted :( But if you decide to draw more centipede legs on the other side, this will get tricky - my fault, I know :(

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 11 September 2019 at 2:47am
@PC PIXEL; Isometric perspective & the scale we gave is a must in iso collabs. Both the alien and the UFOs are not isometric; before you progress further. Also I'm not sure if they are compatible with the collab scale.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 12 September 2019 at 12:29am
@Gecimen, please forgive me if posting those here (or some of them) is against rules of this thread or somehow wrong. If so I will take the post down or edit it if necessary.

@PC PIXEL, recently I used those when I wanted to boost my undersanding of ISO :

Most of them of course can be found in other parts of this forum, and maybe you already saw them, but I thought it might be useful to put it here for quick acces.

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 12 September 2019 at 4:25am
Thanks for collecting these @gawrone.

Btw I think you can just go on with 96 and I'm sure you'll sort it out with Irena later on.
IP IP Logged
PC PIXEL
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote PC PIXEL Replybullet Posted: 12 September 2019 at 4:30am

@PC PIXEL; Isometric perspective & the scale we gave is a must in iso collabs. Both the alien and the UFOs are not isometric; before you progress further. Also I'm not sure if they are compatible with the collab scale.

Well...they aren't in scale and not in isometric perspective because I drew it in a hurry just for give an idea on what to do; it's only an sketch.
I didn't know if I could work on that tile because I'm a newby and because the other tile is a wip for now.

@gawrone: Do not worry, everything is adaptable and thanks for the advices.
I see that the tile 2 has a space ship crashed to the ground and this is perfect for aliens, I just have to change the direction to the left.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 12 September 2019 at 5:12am
@PC PIXEL you can definitely claim and work on it, Eggy as he wrote, will take his time with doing it so you can just begin and finish it :)
IP IP Logged
Eggy
Commander
Commander

Quote Eggy Replybullet Posted: 12 September 2019 at 12:09pm

Can I get some suggestions on what to do with the floor? I wanted it to sort of be like the blue rocks but without crevices between them, basically slightly bumpy terrain. But I think the colors I've used aren't working with me and idk what to do :(
Also @Gecimen for future reference I'm a girl c:
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 12 September 2019 at 9:46pm
Eggy, that red ground with small segments and kinda giraffe texture, designed by Irenaart is ultra cool but it covers only a small part of our collab - bottom of her tile, continued by vierbit and I added it on micro part on the left of my tile. I think it would be nice if we had little more of it. You could continue it from small pieces near the golden crystals and then make them larger further on.
IP IP Logged
PC PIXEL
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote PC PIXEL Replybullet Posted: 12 September 2019 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Eggy

Can I get some suggestions on what to do with the floor? I wanted it to sort of be like the blue rocks but without crevices between them, basically slightly bumpy terrain. But I think the colors I've used aren't working with me and idk what to do :(

The spaceship you are drawing is this?
http://cdn3.f-cdn.com/contestentries/84057/7309306/53aec1b6717b4_thumbCard.jpg
And if the spaceship is crashed on the ground like this, there are effects of the impact on it, like a little crater.
Maybe like this:
https://image.redbull.com/rbcom/052/2018-01-30/6148d013-d5d5-43ff-ae0f-d43633c5ffb9/0100/0/1/dragon-ball-fighterz-yamcha.jpg
And because I'm drawing the big alien and his friends that are not very friendly, it will be funny if the situation of your spaceship are their fault.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2019 at 12:49am

Thanks for collecting these @gawrone.

Btw I think you can just go on with 96 and I'm sure you'll sort it out with Irena later on.

This is what I have so far:

And I think to move it forward I need to know how the column and all the right side of #95 will look.

And maybe how the blue road will be shaded? But I have to say, that I like the raw look with hard outlines. It is very comic-like and fits Borderlands aesthetics very well. I could leave it like that or just improve it a bit, and the task of smooth connection of the basic comic like road form my #96 with the final product of Irena on diner tile #98 will rely on the future author of the #97 tile. Or I could wait to see how Irena will polish it and try to make mine similar.

But I really want to say that I do not want to rush anything. This is my last tile in this collab, and I'm not hurry anywhere and nothing will happen if it will calmly wait for Irena to finish her both masterpieces in the right time.
IP IP Logged
Eggy
Commander
Commander

Quote Eggy Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2019 at 2:14am
Originally posted by PC PIXEL

The spaceship you are drawing is this?
And if the spaceship is crashed on the ground like this, there are effects of the impact on it, like a little crater.
Maybe like this:
And because I'm drawing the big alien and his friends that are not very friendly, it will be funny if the situation of your spaceship are their fault.

Actually this is the ship I am drawing :) It's the Starflier from a game called Freelancer.

I've also had no plans of having it crashed lol. I was thinking of it being in a landed state
IP IP Logged
PC PIXEL
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote PC PIXEL Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2019 at 11:48pm

Actually this is the ship I am drawing :) It's the Starflier from a game called Freelancer.

I've also had no plans of having it crashed lol. I was thinking of it being in a landed state

I never play that game...also the ship it seems soo vertical that I though it was crashed :)
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2019 at 4:08am
I love freelancer. :)
IP IP Logged
Eggy
Commander
Commander

Quote Eggy Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2019 at 11:26am

I love freelancer. :)

Same! I was obsessed with it as a kid, so much that I kept replaying the demo version to the point of remembering the first mission in its entirety, dialogue and all. I was so joyous when I got to play the full version. Still love the game.
IP IP Logged
PC PIXEL
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote PC PIXEL Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2019 at 1:38am
Here's a wip.
The centipede should be ok and for the ship I will wait eggy because I have to adapt the alien's arm to the ship.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2019 at 12:10am
My thoughts.

I think that green might not be a best choice on the grass. And probably you will have to have grass, at least under the bottom part of the monster. Same blues next to a blue centipede and river is risky, pink/tan may not work with ground from the left either (depends on where you end it). I think that yellows and oranges (like the centipede belly) might be a good choice to help your monster stand out and compose well in that area.

Those guesses wouldn't be a problem if you tried to design your tile step by step with some indication of the background on each step. Not to design a monster fully first, but in "air" and without the context.

Also if the monster is not levitating, the feet are not iso, but if it is levitating, they could be ok and the choice of laying the right shadow in the right place will be crucial here.

The second (on the left of the picture) centipede leg, if this independent angle you wish to keep it is definately too short. If we see it in side view, it probably should appear as longer than others and it looks shorter even in side view.

IP IP Logged
PC PIXEL
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote PC PIXEL Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2019 at 6:03am
Originally posted by gawrone

I think that green might not be a best choice on the grass. And probably you will have to have grass, at least under the bottom part of the monster. Same blues next to a blue centipede and river is risky, pink/tan may not work with ground from the left either (depends on where you end it). I think that yellows and oranges (like the centipede belly) might be a good choice to help your monster stand out and compose well in that area.

I used green only to have a color that allows me to work without problems, but it will be more green than you think.
See metal slug 3 mission 2 boss ;)
Those guesses wouldn't be a problem if you tried to design your tile step by step with some indication of the background on each step. Not to design a monster fully first, but in "air" and without the context.

Well...I'm waiting the 2 tile and in base on that the big alien will be fitted.

Also if the monster is not levitating, the feet are not iso, but if it is levitating, they could be ok and the choice of laying the right shadow in the right place will be crucial here.
Yup, it is levitating also I don't know if I will add a ufo on air or not in base on that...but I'll see that later.

The second (on the left of the picture) centipede leg, if this independent angle you wish to keep it is definately too short. If we see it in side view, it probably should appear as longer than others and it looks shorter even in side view.
Thanks.

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2019 at 1:43pm

The one in the front, tans and oranges version, in my opinion will look much better on the grass background instead of green version.
IP IP Logged
darchangel
Commander
Commander

Quote darchangel Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2019 at 9:11am
If there are no issues with it, I think 53 is finally done:

@ Gecimen, the leftmost pixel is transparent, I kept having trouble lining it up with the rest of the collab because of it
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2019 at 1:09pm
Updated #68

and updated #38

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2019 at 2:39am
@darchangel, normally the transparency shouldn't be carried to inner tiles. Forcing tile #60 to be transparent can be ok but the leftmost pixel being transparent would also force #45 and #52 to contain transparency, which is too much. I added one pixel to the left corner, is that ok?
IP IP Logged
darchangel
Commander
Commander

Quote darchangel Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2019 at 7:19am
That's not a problem, thank you.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version