Job Offerings
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: [Revshare] [VERY Serious] Joining my Team. Post Reply Post New Topic
VestaOrion
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote VestaOrion Replybullet Topic: [Revshare] [VERY Serious] Joining my Team.
    Posted: 17 June 2019 at 7:14am
Hello Everyone, My name is Mathieu Martin, internet name VestaOrion! I am the leader of a small team who wishes to become a full fledged indie company who will focus on 2D RPGs. We are a complete team(almost!) With a lead director/writer and game balancer(think enemies and items and skills) who is me, another of my friend who is an amazing coder and a professional level musician with 10+ years of experience.

Currently we are working on a project named Code Paradox Remix, right now we are working on our own without a full time artist and make due with Quid pro quo, (exchange of services) we are kind of tired to not have somebody on our team that has a permanent spot like all of us, thus we decided to make this announcement calling for an artist to have a spot on our team.

-Game is 60% complete with the skeleton of the game fully realized.

Skill Required + Conditions:
-Pixel artist capable of tileset work and Sprite work (along with spell animations)
-10 hours of work per week, the rest of the time you can do your freelance work
-Rev share equal among the entire team meaning you make 25% like everybody
-Contract must be signed along with an NDA
-Bonus work over the 10 hour mark in a week counts as overtime and may lead to a Bonus if loyalty to the team is maintained.

Game Info: https://vestaorion.itch.io/code-paradox-remix

Contact me at: Discord  VestaOrion#6906
IP IP Logged
Metaru
Commander
Commander

Quote Metaru Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2019 at 7:10pm
A word of Advice:

"wanting to become a full fledged indie co." seems to be a bar way too high for what you seem to have on your hands right now. even though everyone is entitled to do as they please with their time, I Strongly suggest building a budget for your game and then hire an artist, as that not only put more emphasis on your team's interest in finishing this project but also will teach you guys about budget management and other kinks needed to progress in the industry that aren't directly tied to development per se.

seeing you're four guys i'm pretty sure you can all pool a decent amount of resources to hire a proper talented artist and make your project shine. that way you also save yourself the trouble of said revshare artist running away or ghosting your halfway your project. Not to mention Revshare only works if you do have a backlog of published titles and you can guarantee your artist that his or her work won't earn him a misery of the game does not sell well, or even if it even gets sold.

in any case, good luck with your endeavours.
I ate leel's babies
IP IP Logged
VestaOrion
Seaman
Seaman

Quote VestaOrion Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2019 at 7:34pm
Thank you for talking to me, I am very dedicated to what I am doing. Of course none of us use this as our main income yet, and neither should any artist. That being said myself and the two others who are already on my team are highly skilled and we believe what we offer can benefit an artist searching for a home too. As for somebody ghosting me its why anybody working for me signs NDAs and Contracts to make sure all parties don't get screwed over. We are extremely professional when it comes to our work ethic. I do understand the concerns too, I mean I have one post here, nobody knows who I am yet. But I guarantee any artist reaching out to Legacy Retr0 Games will be presently surprise at how we put things together, if said artist where to take a chance on us.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version