Diversions
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Diversions
Message Icon Topic: ////: What do you like to do when not pixeling?\\\ Post Reply Post New Topic
MicmasH
Midshipman
Midshipman

Online Status: Offline
Quote MicmasH Replybullet Topic: ////: What do you like to do when not pixeling?\\\
    Posted: 12 July 2019 at 3:11pm

Hello everyone!

I that we needed more drama in our lives so I came up with a topic that
we could all respond to ; a conversation where we could all push our opinions onto others, within the proper context! SO, what is it that you
like to:

(:) Listen to? (musically, no pot banging or yoshi's island baby screaming please)
(:) Play? (games or instruments)
(:) Watch?
(:) Anything????

when you aren't doing this whole thing-a-ma-jingle here?

IP IP Logged
MicmasH
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote MicmasH Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2019 at 3:13pm
I definantly like to branch out.
Right now I'm learning about piano through the Internet and practice.
I'm also in the preliminary stages of guitar but I'm pretty early to the game and so I'm not expecting too much.
I appreciate good music -- Vulfpeck is my favorite band to date and I also like jazz, classical music, disco, 80's power ballads,chiptune, and a little bit of vaporwave. I like Rupert Hine, the Better Off Dead movie soundtrack, and Windows96.
And I also like older games, like Doom, Jedi Outcast, Half-life and Quake 3 (Actually it's OpenArena- but that's because I'm broke.)
I like working on computers.

I can give you my address and social security number if you want, along with my picture and bank account information.
IP IP Logged
MalevolentMask
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote MalevolentMask Replybullet Posted: 15 July 2019 at 3:12pm
Hey MicmasH, nice thread!

-I honestly love all kinds of music. Currently i'm listening to Murder by Death's In Bocca Al Lupo album. Its pretty sweet, its based on Dante's Inferno. Murder by Death is sweet, they have a sort of indie folk sound to them.

-Been playing Fallout 4. Figured I need to actually finish a Bethesda game rather than doing the side quests and then eventually stopping lol. Besides that I like open world/exploration games, RTS games like Age of Mythology/Empires, Story-driven FPS's like Bioshock or Borderlands, Simulation stuff like Simcity etc. and RPG's like Stardew Valley, Pokemon etc. etc.

-Currently watching The Office, its my first time watching it and i'm on season 5! And I just watched Kindergarten Cop the other day too. In terms of movies and shows I like comedy, fantasy and sci-fi stuff. Just recently got into Star Trek TOS, TNG and DS9 recently!
IP IP Logged
MicmasH
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote MicmasH Replybullet Posted: 16 July 2019 at 3:02pm
Neat! I fell into Casiopea head-first the other night and I'm covered in mint jam now. Don't know if you would like it but it's a pretty sweet jam. Ooo I forgot about The Next Generation! I love it! But then again... who doesn't.

7hanl<s !

Anybody else?
IP IP Logged
PC PIXEL
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote PC PIXEL Replybullet Posted: 08 August 2019 at 7:13am
I used listen grunge music and other rock music, but I also like japanese music e folk music especially irish music.
I used to play guitar but I was no good and because physical problems I had to sell my old Ibanez, but I wish one day to try at least at cigar box guitar...if I find a lutist who wants to build it...
I always liked anime and animation in general, not too much tv shows...
And if there is a good day, I take my bike and go out; I love cyclism and every year the Giro d'Italia is the big event for me.
IP IP Logged
MicmasH
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote MicmasH Replybullet Posted: 11 August 2019 at 11:49am
Hey, that's really neat ! I used to love riding my bike, but now it's far too hot where we live ; it'd be a health risk.
Sorry that you can't play guitar anymore, I'm still learning it, along with bass.
IP IP Logged
dogboydog
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote dogboydog Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2019 at 5:33pm
Musically, I like softer music most of the time... folk music, some jazz.

I like games a lot, especially recently the Souls  series (Dark Souls etc.)

Seconding watching The Office, except I don't know how many times I have already watched it now

I also play music. I recently got a harpejji which is a new American-made instrument. It's been very interesting trying to learn that
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 11 September 2019 at 1:48am
Hello all!
I think that I'm going to have some in common with all you dudes and dudettes :)

Listen to:

I listen to rock and metal music, but mostly prog and fusion genres, also jazz and funk. From time to time I enjoy some sophisticated electronic and ambient and classical when in mood.

Play:

I'm a profesional musician and I play bass (fretless) and Chapman stick a bit. (I could link one of my bands for those who like instrumental extremities :P).

Hard to say something about games, becasue I'm a gamer since 80's. Let's say that Quake1, Fallout 2, Morrowind, Witcher 3 and Dark Souls (1 and 3) are my top games of all time in no particular order. Bioshock and Borderlands series are somewhere not far on that list :)

If we talk modern pixel art Hyper Light Drifter, and The last Door comes to my mind first, but of course I love many more.

Watch:

I'm not very picky about movies and shows, I tend to stick with genres like fantasy, sf, horror and dark criminals. My favorite movies are by Werner Herzog or Michel Gondry. TNG and DS9 rules - I'm planning to rewatch them 3th time :P

Anything:

I like books. Ethics, aesthetics, ethology and animal studies in nonfiction. Fantasy mostly and some SF in fiction. Favorite authors: Ursula Le Guinn, Joe Abercrombie, Terry Pratchet, Karl E. Wagner (my guilty pleasure), Andrzej Sapkowski (I've read the books years before games made them popular, and still hard to find someone beat those characters and moral dillemas).

I also enjoy walks in the woods with my dog.

IP IP Logged
MicmasH
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote MicmasH Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2019 at 9:26pm
Hey hey! That is really neat!
Aww man fretless bass! that is awesome buddy :)
Very diverse set of interests there! thank you for taking the time!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version