Job Offerings
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: [PAID] Animate an enemy character for a platformer Post Reply Post New Topic
DryerLint
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote DryerLint Replybullet Topic: [PAID] Animate an enemy character for a platformer
    Posted: 12 November 2019 at 2:29am
This job is for a platformer video game with a retro EGA aesthetic. Think Bio Menace, Commander Keen, etc.

I need a pixel artist to create an enemy character. The character is a man, wearing blue worksite overalls and a hat, carrying a bucket full of slime. He attacks by throwing the contents of his bucket (green slime or acid) at his target.

When he empties his bucket, he wanders over to a tap and fills his bucket back up. He has two walk animations: a slow, labored walk when his bucket is full, and a brisk walk when the bucket is empty. There is no need to animate both walking directions, as the animation will be inverted for reverse movement.

When killed, he slumps over, and the bucket lands on his head. The death animation should be cartoonish and nonviolent.

The character should be about 48 pixels tall. I can provide reference images upon request.

Altogether, this character needs 20 frames of animation work.

Walking with a full bucket: 4 frames
Walking with an empty bucket: 4 frames
Attacking: 4 frames
Dying: 4 frames
Filling bucket with more slime: 4 frames

If this artwork makes the cut to the final game, you will be listed in the game's credits.

I have no prior work to show off, nor do I have a company. This platformer game is my first project, and, at the moment, merely a hobby project.

Please email Nick at funky.tecknician@gmail.com if you're interested, and you can provide me with a quote once you're clear what the job entails. I will notify everybody here if and when the job is filled.

Thank you for your attention!
IP IP Logged
DryerLint
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote DryerLint Replybullet Posted: 14 November 2019 at 7:59pm
I have found somebody for the job. Thanks very much to all that reached out.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version