Job Offerings
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: [Unpaid] Main character platformer master project Post Reply Post New Topic
Rigoroso
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Rigoroso Replybullet Topic: [Unpaid] Main character platformer master project
    Posted: 04 December 2019 at 1:17pm
Hi guys,

wrapping up my master thesis while already working full time has been quite a slog, so I'm looking for an artist to assist me in this project.
I'll keep my introduction short: I've studied media computer science BS and game development MA. I worked as a game designer, although mostly on mobile games (not much else around here) and am now working as a production lab engineer for animation and games at a state university.

My thesis tackles the topic of how game design and game systems can be used to improve the narrative and create more immersive games (very simplified).

The project is a small Platformer/Metroidvania that will be used to evaluate my thesis. I have already acquired quite some assets over the years, but the main character needs specific animations so I can't get it off the shelve.
The game design is mostly done, over the next months, I will whitebox the levels and work on implementing the few missing mechanics. There is one programmer helping out as well.

My self-imposed goal is to "finish" the game by April 2020.

The style that you would have to approximate would be this one..

I am, however, not dead set on a style. The things that are set in stone to fulfill my thesis aren't that many, so if you want to put your personal stamp on things, I'm all for it. If you have a unique and simple style that you want to showcase (and create more than one character) you can do that as well.

It's going to be a small game, probably less than an hour playtime, and I'm going to put it up for free on itch.io. It won't be a generic Platformer though, I can tell you that much :) and I think it will make a very decent portfolio piece for upcoming artists.

If you are interested and want to learn more about the project or tell me what you think, feel free to reach out to me via mail: fabio.strenger@gmail.com

Cheers
Fabio
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version