Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: [CLOSED][PAID] Topdown shooter Post Reply Post New Topic
Hulle
Midshipman
Midshipman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Hulle Replybullet Topic: [CLOSED][PAID] Topdown shooter
    Posted: 21 January 2020 at 2:07am

I’m a hobby game-programmer solo on a project, I am looking for a pixel artist bring my game to life, so that I can focus on programming.

The amount of art needed:
From a prototype to alpha gameplay. Enough art to make 1 playable room + hubworld + main screen:

Very basic overview of needed art items:

·         *Main map (W: 2912 H: 1488) – including tilesets for paths (stone, gravel, dirt)

·        * Hubworld (Reuses many assets from above)

·         *5 animated characters. (Player + 4 Enemies (Aprox.: 32*32))

·         *A range of items/Weapons

·         *Main Screen (640/360)

Game type: 2D top-down (slightly vertical, think Enter The Gungeon) Shoot’em’up.

What do I want it to look like: My vision is a pixel game, looking pretty by the hand of a skilled pixel artist and the use of in-game lighting. The style is somewhere between grim dark and cartoony.
For reference:
Enter The Gungeon is too cartoony in style.
Hyperlightdrifter is just about right (Though the colorpalette and design is too experimental) Here I’m thinking more of a “realistic” colorpalette.
Children of Morta = pretty

Artist rate: Fixed price of 1800$ (If you find this too low, please let me know what you think is a fair fixed price).

Where can you find out more?: You can play the game (Windows only, pre-alpha, sorry for lack of UI and potential bugs), and you can read more here:
*LINK REMOVED* Contact me if you need anything.

What I expect from you:
* I expect you to be a nice and honest person, but beyond that, applicants must send portfolio or link to one. Please include your Skype details, when e-mailing me.
There might be a short job-interview held over Skype. I need to know if our chemistry matches, since I expect us to be in contact regularly, and I would much rather work with somebody I like, than somebody I don’t.
* I expect participants to deliver one piece of artwork, a single sprite, with no animation, of approx. 32*32px to 50*50px. Showing what-ever inspires you playing the game, reading about it.
This is not payed work.

Please make sure you are aware of these demands before applying.

What you can expect from me:

Payment on time! Enthusiasm! Honesty!
If this game gets released and we work well together: More work!

My previous experience I gaming:
I have made an attempt to release a game before, evident on my webpage c4games.biz.
That game is currently in limbo.

Beyond all:
I just want to hire somebody who loves to make pixel art, and who would love to work on the kind of game I’m working on.

For application, or questions, please e-mail me at: martin@c4games.biz

Thanks
/Martin

IP IP Logged
Hulle
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Hulle Replybullet Posted: 21 January 2020 at 2:33am
Updated price, there was a mistake in the initial post.
IP IP Logged
Hulle
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Hulle Replybullet Posted: 27 January 2020 at 3:07am
Hi all

Everyone should have instructions in their email. This is a general mail for all applicants. If you have not recieved this mail, I'm sorry, I made a mistake. Please let me know so that I can fix it. (My inbox is filled to the brim with good stuff).

IP IP Logged
Hulle
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Hulle Replybullet Posted: 05 February 2020 at 11:47am
Applications are closed for the moment. I will update and close this topic monday, as I suspect the right person has been chosen by then.
IP IP Logged
Hulle
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Hulle Replybullet Posted: 11 February 2020 at 4:05am
The position is taken. Thank you to all who took the time to draw something awesome.
If you have not recieved an email from me. SORRY!. My inbox has been a puzzle to navigate the last 20 days.
Please let me know.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version