Resources and Support
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Resources and Support
Message Icon Topic: What is wrong with my pixel art? Post Reply Post New Topic
Mike9377
Midshipman
Midshipman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Mike9377 Replybullet Topic: What is wrong with my pixel art?
    Posted: 29 December 2020 at 2:31pm
These two recent works haven't gotten much attention when they got approved on the Pixel Joint gallery. I get that the one on the right has a flaw where I mixed isometric with perspective, but these two works overall seem to be one of my best yet. Are they not interesting enough? I know my pixel art isn't the best, but I thought I would at least get some recognition.

IP IP Logged
Hapiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Hapiel Replybullet Posted: 29 December 2020 at 3:57pm
Hi Mike,

I don't think there is so much wrong with your work, more likely there is something wrong with pixeljoint and the culture of posting art online.

Over the years, the amount of interaction the community has with each other has grown less and less, this is not just something that happens on pixeljoint but on many forums.
As PJ has to compete with large social media platforms, we're lucky to still exist!

In 2010 the average submission would get around 10 comments on PJ. In 2015 this was around 5. In 2019 it was less than 2. (Haven't processed the statistics for 2020 yet). So obviously some artworks are not going to receive any comments at all!

You are actually part of this metric. Whilst you have 9 pieces in your gallery, you've only commented on 6, so if you wish for the platform to improve I'd recommend starting out by engaging with the community yourself!

That being said, in order to get noticed more you can always post more, improve your pieces, participate in challenges, make exciting preview pictures and of course comment on the works of others. But hopefully most of the joy of pixel art comes from the making, not from the recognition you look out for!
If you need more feedback on your artworks, you could also consider joining the PJ discord.

I hope this helps!
IP IP Logged
Mike9377
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Mike9377 Replybullet Posted: 31 December 2020 at 4:16pm
Hey Hapiel. I didn't know the PJ has declined that much. I guess I could comment some more lol. I'm probably going to join that Discord. Thanks
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version