|Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings|
|Topic: [PAID] Pixel Artist & Animator|
Online Status: Offline
| Topic: [PAID] Pixel Artist & Animator
Posted: Today at 1:13am
Role Required: A 2D pixel artist that can create sprites and animate in the style displayed in Nuclear Throne (https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/nuclearthrone/).
My Role: Project Lead (Programming, Art, Audio and anything else that needs to get done.)
My Previous Projects: https://1stepcloser.itch.io/
Project Length: Indefinite, I plan for this to be my only project for the foreseeable future, with the intention for constant updates.
Compensation: Compensation will be agreed upon through discussion, however, send me expected minimum rates if you have them in mind. I also have a formula based approach I use with artists to determine cost based on the size of the sprite.
Contact Method: Message me, I prefer discord for active discussion: 1StepCloser#6406
Project Description: https://youtu.be/RNcf7OlQs5M
General Workflow (Gameplay occurs when entering worlds, each world is host to a set of creatures related to that world):
1. A world type is determined (plants, lava, water, etc).
2. References for creatures of the world type are assembled.
3. From these references a series of character designs are determined.
4. Each character's base sprite (a single initial frame of the idle pose) will be created and discussed between us to determine if changes need to be made or if animations can then commence.
5. Animations will then commence, here are the typical base animations (Examples of this outline: https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/nuclearthrone/sheet/113646/):
***Note: A main characteristic of most characters, especially those that carry weapons, is that arms are not drawn in. (There are exceptions)***
Current Content Progress:
Worlds with creature sets (Each of which is showcased in the linked video above):
2. Rocky Earth
3. Magma (Boss still pending)
Current Content Goal: For a base release I'd like to have 18+ worlds as I have a randomization system in place to increase replay-ability. Thus, the need for artists (that can also animate) is significant.
If you have any questions, please message me.
|You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum