Message Icon Topic: ISOrd & ISOrcery Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Krugelix
Midshipman
Midshipman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Krugelix Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2021 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by gawrone

There was an idea of putting GoT characters on the bridge. You can leave your part of the bridge empty now and get back to it when GoT mini collab get some form.

Thanks for the idea, but never watched GoT. I'll leave it empty for the time beeing and maybe add something later.

The suggestions for the outlines worked very nice, thanks! I couldnt get it to work with the frog, it just was a huge green blob with black outlines.
What do you guys think?
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Online Status: Online
Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2021 at 12:38pm
Seems even better to me!
IP IP Logged
Eggy
Commander
Commander

Quote Eggy Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2021 at 1:01pm

More progress. A bit disappointed though that for the thatch roof, there's a distinct lack of desirable shades :( The darkest is too harsh compared to the middle one and the other two aren't very different so it feels kind of flat. Can I do anything about this? (it's supposed to be a brownish color just like thatch)
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2021 at 1:27pm
@Eggy; how bout something more abstract like this

IP IP Logged
Mirre
Commander
Commander

Quote Mirre Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2021 at 1:38pm
@Gecimen & @Reo: Thank you so much! :) I'm quite happy with it myself.

I see that part of cjlm123's tile #18 tower and trees might extend into my tile. If the people making #10 or #11 struggle to make the edges match I can help a little with that later in an edit. I'm sure I'll come back to revisit some of my tiles. Very nice tile @cjlm123 btw!

@Eggy: I tried to make some sort of thatched roof in #3, could that be of any help? I think like in Gecimen's edit, try to make straw texture (lines), that will help it a lot. There's also wheat growing in a few tiles that could be good for reference.

@Krugelix: Your tile came out so good! Very nice improvements with the outlines. It reads very well now.

I'd like to claim #67, please.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2021 at 1:51pm
@Mirre sure thing :)
IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2021 at 1:59pm
@Eggy: Here's some thatched roofs I did for PrehISOria color-swapped to this palette. Maybe that can give you some ideas?

@Krugelix: Great tile! Love the animals
IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2021 at 2:24pm
very early WIP of #2

IP IP Logged
ThrillhouseSSB
Seaman
Seaman

Quote ThrillhouseSSB Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2021 at 10:53pm

Here's an update to Tile 70. I've tried to adjust the shadows in line with Gawrone's advice, so I hope they look a little better. I also added shadows to the stones and moved them to fit better with the grid as Reo suggested, hopefully they look a bit less floaty now.
IP IP Logged
jeremy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote jeremy Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2021 at 2:40am
#53 wip

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2021 at 6:47am
@Jeremy, William Tell?
IP IP Logged
Gen_void
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Gen_void Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2021 at 11:27am
Maybe i was having a bad day and over-reacted! sorry at certain point of my fury.

I almost got rid of the aura, i added magic sparks that i think accentuate the god figure, i outlined it too.

I think its far better than the last one posted in the first colab page.

Either way, i understand and keep the critiques you guys make but obviously, i know the things to take and the things to discard, there are things that dont consider good for my conceptual idea/taste for the god, a lot of things you made in it, Gecimen, dont find them appealing at all, the head and double outline of it, the change of the eyes form, and that you get rid of the boobies are things i wont apply. But the perspective change of the hips below part, and the black outline to make the figure stand out more are truly glorious contributions.

And the shadow of are fine i think, i moved them and find them vero-similar, but not as far as you sugggest, it really looks fake that shadow proyected so distant from the objects, i moved them in a lot of ways around the earth and find the way the are now correct.

And for the last thing, the style of the shadows casted in the ground you applied have horizontal ¨spikes¨ in it, i think you done that because of the winged monster that have them, but that horizontal shadows make sense cos of the wings and structure of it, but not for my round objects, the stone and the horned one.

If everything is fine add this, and i don´t want to reclaim another one, i retract my idea of the other tile to add, i am happy with having contributed with this only tiny tile of this imperfect noobie pixel artist aka me hahah

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2021 at 2:27pm
@Gen_void; seems better this time, I'll update the tile. I'll gladly give you the second tile if you still want to work on it. Of course expect us to give critique on it as well
IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2021 at 3:06pm
I think 2 is done, unless anyone has some suggestions for character stuff.

IP IP Logged
Mirre
Commander
Commander

Quote Mirre Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2021 at 3:37pm
Really beautiful tile cjlm123, especially the detail in the brick wall and the smoke are so stunning. But as with #59, I'm missing something of the medieval theme. Add some characters or magic or something. You've got lots of space to do something interesting. :) You're churning these out pretty fast, maybe take a moment to find something fun to add? ;)
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2021 at 5:12pm
@cjlm123; wow this is beautiful, maybe Puss in boots on the road? Or another Shrek character?
IP IP Logged
Sazdx
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Sazdx Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2021 at 10:40pm
@gawrone Adapted it into my tile and made a bit of progress on the WIP! It's been a busy week :'D

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2021 at 12:16am
I was absent for a while and so much happened.

@Sazdx Looking great. I really think that you can go further with the ground to have more space for cute farm animals :) Also that way you could give more space to Irenaart for the Discworld. 

@Mirre, thank you for continuing the dragon mini collab in such amazing way. You and Gecimen made it become reality (we just have to wait for the tail part now). I love that you managed to connect with the huge castle complex and the cliff edge looks like a beautiful painting.

@cjm123, I just can't keep up how you are bombarding the collab with wonderfull tiles.

@Reo, thank you for adding this magical garden to the collab.It looks stunning.

@Jeremy, can't stop looking at that spraying water.

@ThrillhouseSSB you nailed those shadows!

@Eggy, come on, I want to see that Gargamel aready ;)

IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2021 at 1:04am
@cjm123: Gorgeous church! I'd however be much more interested in seeing characters than more trees! How about some panicked villagers gathering water from the river to put out the flames?

Its not a race to the finish!

@Sazdx: I think you can take some influence from Mirre's roofs and add some variety to it.

@Gawrone: Thank you, I'm still struggling a bit with it.   
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2021 at 2:35am
@cjlm123; the tree on the left most side is cut, can you please finish its left side?
IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2021 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Sazdx

@gawrone Adapted it into my tile and made a bit of progress on the WIP! It's been a busy week :'D

@Sazdx; I don't know if it's a large surface of water, but I would be grateful if you could significantly reduce it towards my tile, because I can't do anything with the water surface that I planned for the corner. As for me, you can finish it with a hard ground, and I will make water drains that connect to the tile #92.

@cjlm123; Amazing tile!
IP IP Logged
Eggy
Commander
Commander

Quote Eggy Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2021 at 12:22pm

Think I got the roof done, just need to clean it up. No worries gawrone Gargamel will get in there eventually :)
IP IP Logged
Mirre
Commander
Commander

Quote Mirre Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2021 at 3:22pm
@gawrone: aww, thank you so much for the nice comment.

@Eggy: it's coming out so nice! Will there be some smurfs somewhere too? :)

WIP of #67:
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2021 at 3:49pm
@Eggy: going very good, don't forget the front garden of the house should be in its shade.

@Mirre: going great :)
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2021 at 3:49pm
#93 is done

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2021 at 4:07pm
That's a lot of LotR references in one tile, really awesome gawrone!
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2021 at 4:17pm
Thanks! I would like to claim #45

@Mirre and @Reo, if you are still thinking about epic-hellish-underworld-Bosch-mini-collab, 94 and 95 could be the perfect spot. WIll connect nicely with underground from my tile.
IP IP Logged
Sazdx
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Sazdx Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2021 at 10:27pm

@gawrone Done and done, I hope :D! I did want to keep the distressed pig there as part of whar is happening on the scene so maybe I can break the pig pen fence a little to reflect why it's out :D!

@Reo I will definitely add some cracks and/or displaced tiles soon :D! Just wanted to get the changes in as soon as I could :3

@Irenaart Does this expansion work better for your idea =)?
IP IP Logged
Esven
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Esven Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2021 at 11:46pm
I've been pretty busy lately and haven't really even started to work on my tile yet but I haven't forgotten about it either. Been seeing some great art from everyone here in the meantime and loving how this collab is coming along.
IP IP Logged
Mirre
Commander
Commander

Quote Mirre Replybullet Posted: Yesterday at 3:36am
@Gecimen: Thanks! :D

@Sazdx: Your tile is starting to come out so nice. Love the pig! It looks like you have a wizard in there, is it also Gandalf or another reference I do not recognise right now? :) I was thinking of The Chronicles of Prydain and how there could be a nod made to that with the pig (Hen Wen). But I don't know if you've read the books or seen the film; The Black Cauldron.

@gawrone: Your tile came out magical! Love all the references and the details are so nice. Especially the Balrog and the Doors of Durin look so nice and are very recognisable. Thanks for starting an underworld theme there too! I definitely want in on the Bosch-collab on #94 or #95 once I finish my current tile! :D Been looking forward to that.

Just an idea, but if there's any towers eventually missing a top part, there could be the Eye of Sauron put onto it? :D
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: Yesterday at 4:43am
Originally posted by Mirre

@gawrone: Your tile came out magical! Love all the references and the details are so nice. Especially the Balrog and the Doors of Durin look so nice and are very recognisable. Thanks for starting an underworld theme there too! I definitely want in on the Bosch-collab on #94 or #95 once I finish my current tile! :D Been looking forward to that.

Just an idea, but if there's any towers eventually missing a top part, there could be the Eye of Sauron put onto it? :D

Thank you! I'm hunting for the remaining tower becasue we have something saxon or romanian like and something eastern orthodox, and I wanted to have a dark and spikey gothic tower spire, and maybe even fit a Dark Souls refference in there.

I actually know at least one such style mixture from my hometown. St. mary's church in Krakow first was build as romanian and then rebuild many times. The left higher tower spire is very gothic-like while the right lower one is kinda eastern inspired roundisch and bulkisch.

But the Sauron's tower is also gothic inspired so we might meet there :)
IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: Yesterday at 6:23am
@gawrone

I'd love to collab with you on that.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: Yesterday at 6:37am
Not much space for that, the spire of the tower in #17 and it's sides in #24 and #25. A gothic spire inspired by something like st. Stephan church in Vienna would fit. But If we really would like to have Barad Dur in representative glory I definately think that the best place for it at this point of the collab would be #7 and #8 using your Bosch mouth as base of the tower, just next to Gargamel's mannor :)

Edit 1

I think that since the base of movie version of Barad Dur is not symmetrical, maybe it's possible to have it only in #7 without using any part of Eggy's tile.Or just build it independently behind the Mayan pyramid and Bosch.

Edit 2

Actually, right now maybe the tile #6 would be ok too to have the Saurons tower behind the pyramid, and the dragon's tail wrapped around it.

IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: Yesterday at 7:36am
@gawrone; you nailed it again! Sooo wonderful work on #93, can't wait to see the next one from you.

@Sazdx; Thank you, and yes, that will help!

IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: Yesterday at 8:21am
Originally posted by Irenaart

@gawrone; you nailed it again! Sooo wonderful work on #93, can't wait to see the next one from you.
@Sazdx; Thank you, and yes, that will help!

Thanks! I will do only internal tiles from now on. Want to leave edges to other artists becasue I see they are not avoided this time :) Quite the opposite - not much left already.
IP IP Logged
vierbit
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote vierbit Replybullet Posted: Yesterday at 11:54am
I'll take #94.
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: Yesterday at 12:17pm
Originally posted by vierbit

I'll take #94.

Surely
IP IP Logged
Sazdx
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Sazdx Replybullet Posted: Yesterday at 11:00pm
@Mirre thenk you thank you X3! I was intending to put Gandalf the Gray, but now that you mention The Black Vauldron I'm wondering if maybe that could fit better to add more variation. I think I watched the movie when I was a kid, so I don't remember much of it. I'll have to give it a watch soon or at least look for some references
IP IP Logged
jeremy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote jeremy Replybullet Posted: Today at 1:03am
@Gecimen: you got it!

#53 is done

IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: Today at 3:31am
@jeremy That's so beautiful! I realise I need to fix the bottom few pixels of the tile above.

Also, looks like I accidentally cut off a few pixels of tree that extended into the transparency of the 1st tile on tile no. 2

here's the proper crop

Small fixes for tile no. 38
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: Today at 4:49am
@jeremy; looks great.

@cjlm123; thanks for the fixes.

Going to start a street market on #63.
IP IP Logged
Drea
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Drea Replybullet Posted: Today at 9:13am
Here is tile #85

IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: Today at 9:34am
@Drea: Your rendering is good but I can't say any of the elements in your tile reads as isometric to me. And I think its a nice idea to give your neighbors something to continue makes the transition between the tiles in the finished image more seamless. You can start another building, hints of a new character or something similar.

@Jeremy: Lovely tile! Wow!
IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: Today at 9:56am
Here is #63

with its environments and a pattern for the building.

IP IP Logged
Gecimen
Admiral
Admiral

Quote Gecimen Replybullet Posted: Today at 10:07am
@Drea I'm adding your tile but if you have the will to pixel more, please try to refine these elements:
- Add some grass texture
- Make the bucket and puddle isometric.
- Make the rat smaller unless it's a giant rat.

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
gawrone
Commander
Commander

Quote gawrone Replybullet Posted: Today at 10:12am
Dude, this tile is great. The most thing I love about it, besides how it is done, is how it smoothly connects the village-ish area with town-ish area. You can't go more "collab" than this!
IP IP Logged
Christoballs
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Christoballs Replybullet Posted: Today at 10:43am
Originally posted by Reo

Alright! Getting somewhere, might require some help from Chris to base it! Gonna move the unicorn and not quite happy about the tower.

Also I must say that I am amazed by the progress here! When I did the palette I sort of imagined it as very grim dark and was unsure how well it would be suited for bright, whimsical fantasy but you've really shown how that is was way more versatile than I thought!

Tell me more about what's happening next to the Bicorne and I can work on it!

Added Jean de l'Ours, as well as a woman-headed goat to #36. Might add something on the other river bank, I'll see how I go.

IP IP Logged
Reo
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Reo Replybullet Posted: Today at 11:02am

Chris: I think I am fine, I only need some pixels for the balcony! Going great!

I am not quite done, but I'm getting there. Mostly wanted to post the new tower shape if someone was to grab the tile.

@Gecimen: Well executed! Good to get the town vibe in there!

@Vierbit: Excited to see you join the fray :O
IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: Today at 12:30pm
@Reo Tile looks incredible, I love how you've lined it up so that it looks like Donkey is particularly interested in this unicorn.

With the market, seems theres now a danger of the geometry getting a bit confusing, the wall around the copernicus courtyard implies that it's ~17px above the normal ground plane.

to join it up correctly, the geometry would need to be something like this (Just a demo, obviously other people have done more with the building that's not included here)

IP IP Logged
cjlm123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cjlm123 Replybullet Posted: Today at 12:48pm
could I claim 24?
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version