Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: Isometric animations needed Post Reply Post New Topic
Krippe
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Krippe Replybullet Topic: Isometric animations needed
    Posted: 03 June 2005 at 4:00am
Me and a friend are developing a browser based game and are in need of a pixel artist. The game is already running and we have over a thousand players and at the moment we are growing with about 30 new accounts every day.

The game gives each player control of a fantasy (as in orcs, elfs etc) sports team that competes against other player controled teams. The gameplay is pretty similar to other large online sport manager games like hattrick or managerzone.

All games played can be viewed in a 2d java applet and it is for this applet we would need some help. At the moment the games are viewed in a top down view and all graphics are made by me, not very good becaus i am a programmer and no artist. However we would like to change the graphics to isometric view and need someone to make the character animations.

Since the game is currently in beta we have no income and a very tiny budget. We can not afford any good payment for an artist. We do realize that this is a problem but are confident that if we find a good artist to cooperate with we will be able to pay better in the future. Right now we are working at some payment options for the game and hopefully this will increase our budget very soon.

Take a look at the site at:
Monster Bowl

Click "Watch Latest Game" at the front page to see the applet where we will use the graphics.

If you find this interesting then please post in this thread or contact me via e-mail for further details.

Cheers
Kristian
kristian@trilosoft.net
http://www.monsterbowl.net
IP IP Logged
sedgemonkey
Admiral
Admiral

Quote sedgemonkey Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2005 at 8:08am

The applet took forever to run and I'm not sure if it's my machine or if your app really does take a long time to load.

The game certainly looks interesting... a bunch of orks beating the piss out of one another is always good for entertainment.  If I wasn't so wracked with work this is actually a project I would like to work on.  I hope you get some bites. 

IP IP Logged
Krippe
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Krippe Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2005 at 1:56pm
Newer versions of java sometimes takes ages to load. Perhaps this was the problem.

Too bad that you don't have the time. We would love to work with you since your art is really stunning. If you change your mind you know where to find us.

Anyone else interested?
IP IP Logged
Rodahue
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Rodahue Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2005 at 3:34pm
I'm interested, although I can't do anything near what most of the others here can. Do you need some sort of an example?
IP IP Logged
Krippe
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Krippe Replybullet Posted: 06 June 2005 at 2:24am
Yes some sample work would be nice.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version