Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: Backup pixel artist needed Post Reply Post New Topic
Tursi
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Tursi Replybullet Topic: Backup pixel artist needed
    Posted: 30 July 2005 at 3:02am

Hi everyone! Been browsing around and seen some very talented work at the gallery.

I'm working on the game 'Cool Herders' (very old demo at http://harmlesslion.com/games/herders, also see the forum notes at http://www.harmlesslion.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112 - finally there is a general folder of sample WIP videos/artwork at http://www.harmlesslion.com/temp/ch/ )

Cool Herders is a party game for the Sega Dreamcast. It's scheduled to be published by GOAT Store (www.goatstore.com), who has published other Dreamcast titles in the past. This is not a large market, but it's a fun one.

I learned today that not one, but two of my remote pixel artists are having medical problems. We're a month from shipping the game off for pressing and I would like to prevent delaying that any further. Therefore, I'm looking for someone who is willing to work with us on odds and ends in short notice.

This is a paid temporary position. You must be able to work quickly and on-demand via the net until the end of August or end of project, should it be delayed further (which this aims to prevent!) The budget is not large (it's coming out of my pocket!), but it is negotiable and you will not go away empty handed. The publishing run will also be small but you will get a pressed/sealed copy of the game and credit within it as well as the negotiated compensation.

You will be responsible for catching up the artwork that has fallen through the cracks. This probably means that the work may not be a lot of fun - but it is very important. It will be on rush priority, too. You must be able to work under these conditions. This will be smallish, tile-based artwork (tiles are currently 48x48 pixels and 15-bit color) - some work will be touching up, coloring and shading and some will be creating new tiles based on existing models. There may also be a few larger pieces.

If there is any interest, check the links above to get a feel for the style, then drop me an email (or PM with your email address). Let me know your availability, interest level, give me a link to some samples (preferably in a similar toony style to what we have now) and also have an idea what you want for the work. I'll let you know to the best of my current knowledge what work is already needed, and we'll negotiate from there.

Thanks for your time!

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version