Some terms you must adhere to before
posting an ad for a position. The terms may be changed along the way
but, there needs to be some information posted other than just "We R looking
for a pixel artist to make some kewl grafix n stuff", etc.:
- Company Info
- Job Info-specs-deadline
- What skills do you expect from the artist (with links to similar examples if any)
- Paid or not? and salary info
- Email address
- Company website
- Previous projects
Take the time
to check over your post before submitting as you may have left out some
very important information or have misspelled a lot of words in your post which
tends to let people know how unprofessional you may be.
at the beginning of your posts title.
thread may be locked if you hesitate to reply to rational questions
from members or lack details about the job or project in question. We
want you to get help with your project but vague posts just make other
postings get lost in the mud.
DO NOT double post or bump. Use the edit button. Violators will have their thread locked.
PM a mod before taking any action if you have any queries. http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7375 - Click for an up to date list of PJ mods.
your resume here is acceptable but, keep in mind that posting a couple
of images with something saying "I am available to work" is hardly a
resume. Here's a couple of hints to attract potential clients/employers:
- Spell check. Nothing says amateur like mispelling every other word.
a couple of key images that really showcase your artistic skills. If you
have more than 3 samples, it is a good idea to post a link to your
- Let the employers know what kind of work you are and aren't willing to do.
- Lists of past jobs. Think of this as a real resume. Employers should be able to see your achievements, etc.