Print Page | Close Window

CHALLENGE 3/19/2018: Game On!

Printed From: Pixel Joint
Category: Pixel Art
Forum Name: Collaborations/Challenges
Forum Discription: Submit pixel art project ideas/templates or contribute to an existing pixel art collaboration.
URL: http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26187
Printed Date: 18 July 2018 at 8:59am

Topic: CHALLENGE 3/19/2018: Game On!
Posted By: administrator
Subject: CHALLENGE 3/19/2018: Game On!
Date Posted: 19 March 2018 at 5:37am

CHALLENGE: Game On!

N64, NES, Neo Geo, Playstation....

There a almost as many video game consoles as insultingly bad movies about love.

This week, I want you to pixel a sprite of your favourite stationary video game console or handheld.

You can be as creative as you want and depict a imaginary special edition/mod with a unique design for instance! Just make sure that you can still recognise what system it is.

Canvas Size - Exactly. 64x64
Colors - Max. 16.
Transparency - Optional.
Animation - Optional.

CHALLENGE RULES

• Participants have until this upcoming Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) to /pixels/submit_icons.asp'>submit their entry (strict). Don't forget to check the 'Submit to weekly challenge' checkbox.
  • Only new pixels allowed.
  • Open to all members.
  • Posting WIPs in this thread or in new threads in the /forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=8'>WIP section is highly encouraged, but ONLY SUBMIT YOUR FINAL ART.

CHALLENGE JUDGING

• Every Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) the previous week's entries are judged.
  • Every week a new voting poll will be posted for previous week's entries.
  • Winner announced the following week.

CHALLENGE PRIZES/GOODIES

• Top three finishers will receive an award displayed in your PJ gallery profile for all to see and envy.
  • Top finisher gets to call the following week's challenge...sweet.
  • 'Participation' ribbons will be given for all who enter.
  • No matter what happens you get challenged :)

CHALLENGE VOTING

/pixels/poll.asp?id=1596' name='vote' target='_blank'>Vote now for your favorite pixelart in this week's challenge!

CHALLENGE AWARDS

The Game On! pixel art challenge is complete and we have three new champions. This week's challenge awards go to the following pieces:

/pixelart/119739.htm' target='_blank' class='winner1'>My dirty Gameboy by /p/149728.htm' target='_blank'>Keppu
/pixelart/119714.htm' target='_blank' class='winner2'>Nintendo by /p/61268.htm' target='_blank'>awestsecurity
/pixelart/119684.htm' target='_blank' class='winner3'>TARDIS Gameboy by /p/156986.htm' target='_blank'>Pyrain

Thanks so much to all who took the time to vote and participate in the challenge!

/pixelart/119780.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Gameboy by /p/157609.htm' target='_blank'>wowa_u
/pixelart/119715.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Nintendo Switch by /p/159222.htm' target='_blank'>Shenjohn
/pixelart/119757.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>PSX <3 by /p/159364.htm' target='_blank'>Kichex
/pixelart/119706.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Gale of Gamecube (wind not included) by /p/82763.htm' target='_blank'>J0S3PH44
/pixelart/119790.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>N-Gage is Not Dead by /p/48949.htm' target='_blank'>Volrak_Rutra
/pixelart/119813.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Sega Saturn by /p/128120.htm' target='_blank'>Arko
/pixelart/119751.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Tamagotchi by /p/158194.htm' target='_blank'>kristin_smile
/pixelart/119771.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Consoles by /p/142182.htm' target='_blank'>print_bird
/pixelart/119745.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>SNES by /p/158127.htm' target='_blank'>Hykenth
/pixelart/119786.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Gameboy-cream by /p/114735.htm' target='_blank'>maruki
/pixelart/119743.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>NintendoDS by /p/159184.htm' target='_blank'>Iancul1981

Replies:
Posted By: P0int
Date Posted: 20 March 2018 at 7:07pm

My SNES Tribute!

It doesn't feel like the Power Glove is holding up the SNES Console. I'm not sure I want to spend much time on this to AA the round buttons, add depth, or smooth polish the console. I have a website to develop.

Posted By: awestsecurity
Date Posted: 21 March 2018 at 12:36pm
First of all, that controller on the bottom looks super tight!
Together it looks a bit cluttered. If you do spend more time on this I'd recommend some composition work before AA.
Good luck with the website. Hope the client's not a .

Posted By: P0int
Date Posted: 25 March 2018 at 12:52am
Thanks for mentioning composition. I did kinda just through some sprites into a 64px frame.

No time to develop this further. Fortunately, I'm the client. I'm doing the front-end design and one of my friends is doing the back-end of the site. It's been a huge learning curve for me to get adequate skills in almost 10 languages for this project. I'll let the community here check it out if anything beyond the favicons is considered pixel art.

Print Page | Close Window