Print Page | Close Window

Need some feedback and a little help with anatomy

Printed From: Pixel Joint
Category: Pixel Art
Forum Name: WIP (Work In Progress)
Forum Discription: Get crits and comments on your pixel WIPs and other art too!
URL: http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26810
Printed Date: 03 April 2020 at 2:11pm

Topic: Need some feedback and a little help with anatomy
Posted By: Xenon02
Subject: Need some feedback and a little help with anatomy
Date Posted: 20 January 2020 at 6:11pm
I am struggeling with anatomy a lot.

The whole concept look pretty fine when I we are talking about skeleton. But when I'm trying to give it a raw shape (oh god)

Do you guys have any advice ?
Should I practice it on a sheet of paper ?

Oh and guys I wanted to ask you also about lightning, what do you judge this one ?
My palette was limited so yea.

in this one it was ok I guess

But I wonder how about this one with soldiers.

PS. Sorry for a lot of informations :D

Replies:
Posted By: CosmosCentric
Date Posted: 21 January 2020 at 7:15am
Have you tried looking at a reference of a human in a similar position? Or you could have someone take a picture of yourself standing in that position. I'm a beginnner at anatomy, but I know at least having a similar reference helps bunches. I wish I could be of more help.

Now for the picture with the soldiers in it. I don't know what palette restrictions you're working with, but it would help to have either a darker purple or a black for those trees. They say that the closer you get to the foreground, the darker your values should get. It looks like the trees are in front or at about the same depth as the soldiers, so they should probably be darker than they are. I don't think that's necessarily a hard and fast rule though, so if you want to keep the closer tree light as well as the spaceship, think of it like this: The light is hitting that spaceship and the tree to the far right, which are closer to us, but the soldiers are so dark that you can't see any detail on them, so whatever is near them needs to be fairly dark too.

A quick edit:

I think your other picture looks really good. No improvements that I can think of anyway.

Date Posted: 21 January 2020 at 7:35am
I was trying with taking a picture of myself :)
But the thing is the shape, positioning the skeleton isn't a problem at all, or maybe it is I don't really know looking at my previous ones

Date Posted: 21 January 2020 at 12:26pm
Here is my new character I've made :)
What do you think about shadows ?

Posted By: CosmosCentric
Date Posted: 22 January 2020 at 7:26am
I think there could be a little more contrast on the blacks. The purples look good, but maybe she could use a highlight on her hair?

And... Her left hand (our right) has less shading then the other hand, so I'd add a little more on that one. The hand with more shading could have a shadow on her wrist where the sleve would shade it if that makes sense.

She's cute though, I like the cloud design as well as her overall design. Best of luck!

Date Posted: 22 January 2020 at 1:24pm
Here is a small edit :)
Check it out

About shading the wrists, well I don't know if it's ok here but who know

Posted By: Wyk
Date Posted: 26 February 2020 at 8:49pm
Might just be me but I find the straightness of the torso and especially the legs a little distracting, gives her a bit of a minecraft/roblox look which doesn't match the effort you put into shading and angling the arms. You might consider varying the width of her legs at points/angling one of them to make her legs more dynamic.

Print Page | Close Window