CHALLENGE: Tile it up
Have you ever get to design your own Tileset? No? Now's your chance!
This week we want you to create an original tileset composed of at least 4 different tiles. Any type of tileset will do; rpg, platformer, shooter, your call!
What is a tile you ask? A tile is a picture (usually a square) that can be repeated on X and/or Y axis seamlessly. (And a tileset is a group of tiles of the same theme.)
Bonus Challenge: Create a game mockup using those tiles.
Canvas size: Max 16x16px per tile (your final piece's size is unrestricted)
- Participants have until this upcoming Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) to /pixels/submit_icons.asp'>submit their entry (strict). Don't forget to check the 'Submit to weekly challenge' checkbox.
- Only new pixels allowed.
- Open to all members.
- Posting WIPs in this thread or in new threads in the /forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=8'>WIP section is highly encouraged, but ONLY SUBMIT YOUR FINAL ART.
- Every Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) the previous week's entries are judged.
- Every week a new voting poll will be posted for previous week's entries.
- Winner announced the following week.
- Top three finishers will receive an award displayed in your PJ gallery profile for all to see and envy.
- Top finisher gets to suggest a future week's challenge. If you're a winner and you wish to submit your idea, send a message to https://pixeljoint.com/p/27498.htm' target='_blank'>Gecimen.
- 'Participation' ribbons will be given for all who enter.
- No matter what happens you get challenged :)