Google recently decided to change its favicon*, but, if you noticed it, most of us didn't like this change, maybe because it's different or ..whatever. So unlike most of the companies that avoid user inputs, they opened for suggestions, so here it is!
- Resolution: 16 pixel x 16 pixel image
- Format: .png, .gif, or .ico
- Size: 5 KB
- Transparency: 32 bit alpha transparency
- Deadline is June 20, 2008
- You must be of a legal age to form a binding contract to participate.
Suggestions to follow before starting:
- Make the shape and profile visible.
- Incorporate some or all of the letters in "Google."
- Utilize the primary colors that are used in the Google logo.
- Avoid being product specific.
- Be timeless.
you can submit your artwork and find other useful explanations.
Anyway there's a thread on the PJ forum
where you can discuss it! :)
*a favicon, also known as a website icon
, page icon
, is an icon associated with a particular website or webpage. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon