Pig_catapult @ 10/21/2020 01:06 commented on Alchemist Frog

That's so cute!

Pig_catapult @ 10/21/2020 01:05 commented on Bloody Werewolf

Great job on suggesting texture! Only complaint is that the head seems kind of small in proportion to the rest of the body.

Pig_catapult @ 10/21/2020 01:03 commented on A wild werewolf appears

Do you mean that the restriction was fitting the character into a 32x32 square like the preview? Cute little guy!

Pig_catapult @ 10/20/2020 03:26 commented on Hive Sweet Hive

Beautiful twinkling! I think the hive could stand to have a little shading, though. It feels very flat as it is now. The cute little flowers are a nice touch

Pig_catapult @ 10/20/2020 03:23 commented on memories

She's pretty! Good effort on those roses, too, and I love the sky. Unfortunately, the character has a lot of anatomy issues. Her shoulder is smaller than her eye while her knee is almost as big as her torso. It's also pretty unclear where her spine is meant to be, but the angle her train meets the back of her arm suggests a very sharply curved one.

I wish I had that blouse, though.

Pig_catapult @ 10/20/2020 03:12 commented on Possession

Gives me chills! Five stars

Pig_catapult @ 10/19/2020 19:34 commented on Happily ever after

Good use of your limited colors!

Pig_catapult @ 10/19/2020 19:28 commented on Anthony Davis portrait art painting

Oil painting and pixel art are very different media, and require different approaches. I'm afraid you won't get very far on this site by continuing what you're doing in the way you're doing it.

In oil painting, there are no color limits. You can blend and feather colors any way you want. No two locations on the canvas need to be exactly the same color.

In pixel art, it's the opposite. "Pixel art," in both its general usage and as it's used on Pixel Joint, refers to art that follows a certain set of rules and principles. Pixel art does require precision, and you have that down, but it also requires efficient use of color. Next time, see how far you can get with one color before you switch to the next one. I admire your dedication and would love to see you succeed here.

Pig_catapult @ 10/19/2020 05:34 commented on Aisukurimu

The upper and lower halves of her body don't fit together. The anatomy just doesn't work. Nice booty tho.

Pig_catapult @ 10/18/2020 21:21 commented on Anthony Davis portrait art painting

You're still not showing a passable control of color count. You have over 2000 colors in a piece that calls for fewer than 20.

Pig_catapult @ 10/17/2020 20:27 commented on Magic Cat

Great character idea! Unfortunately, your shading could use some work. You're pillow shading, and your two lightest grays are very similar. This makes the face feel very flat, and the green and orange lights feel like lines of puffy paint. Adding a drop shadow is actually emphasizing the lack of dimension or consistent light source.

Don't give up! This piece is very creative and has a lot of potential.

Pig_catapult @ 10/8/2020 20:08 commented on Custom Swords

I love the middle one so much

Pig_catapult @ 10/7/2020 03:11 commented on [Octobit2020][PixelDailies] Eye Scream

Keep it up! =)

Pig_catapult @ 10/7/2020 02:21 commented on PixelWeen 2020: Settings - The Ring

I like how you ahve her hair flowing. The ground is very, very noisy, though. Did you place those by hand or with a "spraycan" kind of tool?

Pig_catapult @ 10/7/2020 00:37 commented on [Octobit2020][PixelDailies] Eye Scream

Man, I miss those ice cream pops with the gumball eyes on them. The shadows on the eyeballs are a little questionable, but I want a scoop

Pig_catapult @ 10/7/2020 00:30 commented on PixelWeen 2020: Scene - The Ring

I love that scene. You're using a lot of staircase banding, though, especially in Sadako's upper eyelid and the crease below her eye. You also need to work on depicting curves. You've captured the contour of Sadako's upper eyelid well, but the lower one looks like the meeting of two straight lines.

Pig_catapult @ 10/4/2020 01:48 commented on Octobit 2020 (day 2): Scarecrow

Pixel art is about precision and control. I feel like this one relies a bit too heavily on the spraycan-like effect.

Pig_catapult @ 10/4/2020 01:46 commented on Pumpkin of Destruction

I really like the creative dithering. Nice texture.

Pig_catapult @ 10/4/2020 01:44 commented on My first attempt at pixel art

A fantastic first attempt! Welcome to pixelling! :D

Pig_catapult @ 10/4/2020 01:42 commented on Outside, all alone... All you can do is wait for your bus to arrive.

Points for meatiness, but reverse points for pillow shading.

Pig_catapult @ 10/3/2020 22:11 commented on Hero Joe

Gifs with with large flashing sections like that are generally poor netiquette. I don't experience seizures, but this really messes with my sensory issues and is causing me eye strain.

Edit: This triggered a migraine

Pig_catapult @ 10/3/2020 22:03 commented on Hatter_Avatar

I like the idea, but the face area of the head doesn't really suggest a face. Very nicely-shaped hat, though! I look forward to seeing your future works.

Pig_catapult @ 9/19/2020 00:51 commented on Background

Nice use of a circular canvas!

Pig_catapult @ 9/19/2020 00:47 commented on Moon Child

This unsettles me deeply. Take five stars.

Pig_catapult @ 9/19/2020 00:45 commented on Manticora