Da_Duke2000 @ 2/8/2010 14:30 commented on Mage head

If this piece wasnt labeled as a "cloaked mage" I probably wouldnt have made that association right away. It reminded me initially of an isometric-esque rock pillar, or cave enterance. I'd like to see a second shoulder, and perhaps a little breastplate. Nice though :) simple, straighforward.

Da_Duke2000 @ 7/26/2009 17:17 commented on FORGE Gloves

And he couldnt have done a better job. Fit my requirements perfectly.

Da_Duke2000 @ 3/3/2009 01:52 commented on THE NOSTALGIC EPIC BATTLE IS APPROACHING

Well, if anyone recognizes my name (you'd have to be a Digimon freak) they'd know me as Dukey one of the Digimon gurus from a few years back. One of the authorities on the Digimon world. Be that as it may....

MEDAROTTO!

Da_Duke2000 @ 1/18/2009 00:29 commented on Some 50x50 Sprites
Great job on Rikku. Identifiable at first glance. Important with such mini sprites.

Da_Duke2000 @ 1/14/2009 22:47 commented on Precious Stones
The same problem I have. Its a Firefox browser issue I can't seem to correct. Use IE. Looks spiffy.

Da_Duke2000 @ 10/6/2008 23:00 commented on Boondocks riley and huey
Great likeness. If it wasn't such a terrible terrible <terrible> series, I'd type more.

Da_Duke2000 @ 9/30/2008 22:13 commented on Pewp by bisque
Reminds of the Poop from the first Digimon World for the PSX.

Da_Duke2000 @ 6/30/2008 09:15 commented on Waterfall (Chute d'eau)
Such a classic look. I could see this being in an oldie VGA game, like Kyrandia, or a Kings Quest. Those 19 colors sure get eaten up very fast. I notice a little too much of the light green trim on the left to bottom ridge of the valley, kinda of unnatural, but I'm sure hard to blend given the angle.

But hey, if you need a game to work on in the same style, lemme know ;)

Da_Duke2000 @ 4/13/2008 00:55 commented on tileset
While I know its hard to be original sometimes with designs such as this, the earth with green trim and cloud terrain look a little Super Mario World-esque. Still, nice.

Reference:

Da_Duke2000 @ 4/5/2008 19:17 commented on "Fightality" Intro
Its actually pretty simple in design. The first part is just the character, background, and that twirly ribbon. Add a closeup, and animate. It probably took just as long to animate the pieces as it did to makeup the sprite. Very impressive as a whole, but the praise is to the animation, as I think the pixel art itself is good but not great.

Da_Duke2000 @ 3/27/2008 21:01 commented on Kirby
I think you may need to adjust the right arm swinging back motion. On the backswing it seems to jump a bit. Otherwise, its Kawaii!

Da_Duke2000 @ 3/27/2008 19:09 commented on I'm a fat child - Fantasy Self Portrait
Goomba! From the SMB movie.

Da_Duke2000 @ 3/26/2008 16:25 commented on Health Indicator
Depending on your the resolution of the game, I know I've always been partial to multiple hearts and/or half hearts (big or small) to gauge my health in games. It allows for quick reference, Zelda style.

Personal preference but if it fits your game play then I'm glad.