DexRunner @ 4/26/2017 07:27 commented on Deadly Box

"You have 10 seconds to comply"

Very cool!  Nice smooth animation.  The only thing I can think of is to always upload your work at 1x.  It may look better in your opinion at 2x, but PixelJoint has a zoom feature for that reason‚Äč.  I'd recommend reposting it at 1x.  . Great work!  I can't wait to see more of your submissions.

DexRunner @ 4/23/2017 10:13 commented on Cloud Frog

"Indians scattered on dawn's highway bleeding,

Ghosts crowd the young child's fragile eggshell mind"

I'm loving all the frog themed pieces that have been submitted lately!  Great work!  I've also been liking what's being done with the 4 color palettes.  I will have to add a "peace frog" pixel to my list of projects.

DexRunner @ 4/21/2017 16:54 commented on Frog

I love him!  Those eyes are perfect!

DexRunner @ 4/21/2017 15:44 commented on Lilac Eyes

It's all good!  And yes, that's the one.  Cassandra: the last human born on Earth.

And I'll definitely take you up on the offer to use your pallette.  I've been racking my brain for something to use it for.  I'll let you know when I get around to it.  ūüėČ

DexRunner @ 4/21/2017 15:39 commented on Warking birb

I've also been finding‚Äč that with the yellows.  Usually they end up looking more brown and sometimes green!  It's crazy. But this is a great way to take it.  Thanks again!

DexRunner @ 4/21/2017 10:07 commented on Warking birb

Anything with little music notes makes me pretty happy!

I love how you Anti-Aliased the feathers with the red and orange.  I think that was the right call for keeping the color count down.  I've been trying to understand A.A. better and this alone gives me a good/better idea how to use it!  Thanks, MrFariator!  Great job!

DexRunner @ 4/20/2017 10:33 commented on Crow

This is making me all nostalgic for some old-school mech games I used to play!  And now I gotta go watch Robot Jox...

DexRunner @ 4/20/2017 07:58 commented on L'Ankou

He's so happy!    Those Orange and blue clusters on the skull are really nice.  Great Work!

DexRunner @ 4/19/2017 20:29 commented on Saviour

Rowsdower?  Zap Rowsdower?!

DexRunner @ 4/19/2017 20:23 commented on icon

She looks like she couldn't care less about her reputation.

Very cool!!

DexRunner @ 4/19/2017 20:18 commented on Lilac Eyes

I didn't mean it that way.  Lol.  That quote was a Doctor Who reference btw.  As far as the "no pun intended"... well, there was no pun intended.  . I just meant that it'd be cool to see what you could do with your 'Ghost' pallette.

Getcher mind outta the gutter!

DexRunner @ 4/19/2017 11:41 commented on Lilac Eyes

"Moisturize me, moisturize me!"

I'd love to see this fleshed out (no pun intended) into a full character.  I really do like this palette!  It would be neat to see a full character, but with this palette alone.

DexRunner @ 4/19/2017 11:10 commented on Red Knight

It was a little difficult to see that he was holding a sword.  I thought it was a part of his cape/cloak.  He doesn't have a ton of colors, which is good for a smaller sprite, but I think the color choice and shading of the piece made it a little ambiguous as to what it is until you examine it a bit.

Remember that with pixel art, especially when it comes to characters, it's really important to have well defined form which is derived from color and lighting.  It's definitely difficult to get a lot of detail into something so small, but I wondered if you might be wasting some space with the character outline.  Even at a pixel wide outline, that's almost 6% of your 30 pixel wide character!  That may not seem like much, but it's 6% more space that you could be using for detail.

I think you have a lot of good ideas from what I've seen in your art so keep it up!

DexRunner @ 4/19/2017 09:43 commented on Bard Shrine Maiden

Everybody loves a bard!  I love the palette you used and your swirly clusters.  Your use of transparency it's nice too, but I'd like to see your take on a set backgroud.  If those are your mushrooms, I'd love to see your clouds!    Keep it up, maruki!

DexRunner @ 4/17/2017 14:47 commented on River Complementary

Mmmm, chocolate!

DexRunner @ 4/17/2017 11:48 commented on OoT Link

No flipping way!  I am super surprised that I placed with all the amazing entries that there were.  Thanks for everyone that voted and congrats to ArcadeHero and Irenaart.  Everyone who submitted had something great to offer!  Great job everybody!

DexRunner @ 4/15/2017 07:45 commented on Artorias Practice

This is really good!  I like the pose, but it's hard to tell if it's action or static.  The other thing is the dark line up the middle of the sword makes it look a little jagged.  If that's the intent, then you did good to serrate it, but if you wanted it smooth, then you might consider lightening that dark line so the contrast is not so defined.  One thing I've learned is that too much detail at such a small level is often more distracting than beneficial to your piece.

I hope that's good info for you!  Good work and keep it up!

DexRunner @ 4/14/2017 20:29 commented on Window Pixel Dailies

I like this, TRUEvector!  I don't think you did a bad job with the curtains.  I wasn't sure what the lighter colors were conveying on the glass side of the window.  Are they smudging from the creature?  It could be me not concentrating though because I even missed the kid hiding on first glance!  He's doing a good job keeping out of sight.  XD  The last thing I can think of is probably the monster's hand on the right isn't real clear.

Overall, considering the small pallette you're using, this is a really great piece!

DexRunner @ 4/14/2017 20:21 commented on U NO MATCH 4 ME

I love the fluffy explosion and the lines in the background.  Having dithered them the way you did makes them almost appear pencil drawn.  Your minimalist palettes have been great lately.

DexRunner @ 4/14/2017 13:56 commented on Pilot Helmet Removal

I like that too!  That kind of goes back to the ambiguity of Samus in Metroid.  I'd definitely play that game!

So you just have her or do you have more characters in this style?

DexRunner @ 4/14/2017 10:17 commented on Pilot Helmet Removal

I think I like this one more than the one with her running!  Did you give her a name or Is she just "the pilot"?

DexRunner @ 4/14/2017 10:15 commented on Pilot Run Animation

This is great!  I love the detail you put into the jumpsuit and the effort of the animation!  Just the little detail like the hair flip and the1pixel wide feet are what bring this piece  together for me.  Is she for anything specific or just an animation?  I'd love to see more in this style; her or any other characters.  Keep it up, EscapistArt, and thanks for this!

DexRunner @ 4/14/2017 10:06 commented on Cyber Bike

This is really cool!  I know peeps have their reasons, but I wish you hadn't scaled it.  I'd love to see it animated at the size it is in the thumbnail.

DexRunner @ 4/13/2017 08:14 commented on Goblin Portrait v2.0

Really great job!  That chin shadow is great and the Anti-Aliasing shows your understanding of the light source.  Even the change in the eyes makes this 10x nicer to look at.  I can't wait to see more from you, lion95!

DexRunner @ 4/12/2017 21:39 commented on The Venturesome Monks Page1

Legends of the hidden Temple??

These guys are hilarious!  Great job with them as usual, UltimoGames.