DexRunner @ 5/25/2018 10:20 commented on window

That's a great idea!  I don't love doing studies, but I'm always happy I did it afterward.  Getting better only happens when we keep doing it, so I hope you keep doing more!  I look forward to seeing your next submission.

DexRunner @ 5/25/2018 10:07 commented on Chess set 2

What Jackhummer means is he likes the chess set, daddy-o.

And he should!  It's great!  I really like the Kings design.  Keep up the great work!

DexRunner @ 5/24/2018 18:18 commented on window

Really good!  I love the brick textures.  I'm guessing the lighting is on this side of the building.  I think you did a pretty good job of being consistent there.  The only thing that stands out could be some refinement in the cloth on the curtain.   Maybe it could be an opportunity to do some fabric material study.  Other than that, great job!!

Good to see you getting into it again!  How long has it been since you pixeled?    Do you have any other pixel pieces you plan on submitting from before or are you just gonna submit newer ones for now?

DexRunner @ 5/24/2018 17:55 commented on Hole in one

This is great!  It reminds me of a Mitch Hedberg joke: "I like golf, man.  I never got a hole-in-one, but I DID hit a guy.  And that's way more satisfying.  You're supposed to yell, 'Fore!', but I was too busy mumbling, 'There ain't no way that's gonna hit him...'

DexRunner @ 5/23/2018 09:55 commented on Teamwork - An Unlikely Couple

Sorry, I had to fix the hyperlink in my last comment for the character references.  I didn't use one specific picture, but a bunch of different one's combined with movie scenes.

DexRunner @ 5/22/2018 05:36 commented on LIOS

That's great! I'm always trying to look for those little details to figure out the whole scheme.  You as in a lot of them and that always makes your pieces fun!

DexRunner @ 5/22/2018 05:33 commented on Teamwork - An Unlikely Couple

It was from the movie A Christmas Story.  I used to watch it all the time as a kid.  Here's, probably, the most famous scene with the two of them.  It also shows why they're such an "unlikely couple"

DexRunner @ 5/21/2018 17:37 commented on LIOS

That's pretty awesome!  Is he a Yoda type character?  Lios is Gaelic for "area of protection" isn't it?  I bet he'll help you out through the game.  Great job!

DexRunner @ 5/20/2018 22:06 commented on Explosion on the Horizon

Amazing!  I could see this as an opening snes cutscene.  Did you make it for anything in particular?

DexRunner @ 5/20/2018 21:59 commented on Snorlax

The moving anti-aliasing is really good!  You put a lot of personality into a relatively small animation.  I'm not a big Pokemon fan, but even for someone that knows very little about them, this is a very appealing piece.  Great job!!!

DexRunner @ 5/20/2018 21:55 commented on Dodohawk

I dunno about his style, but YOUR style is great!    Is he part of a series or just a one off?

DexRunner @ 5/20/2018 21:53 commented on Dragonwood Forge

Nice chunky clusters!  It's very clean!  I agree with foxturtle, this could definitely be a video game... And I would definitely play it!  . What was the inspiration for this piece?

DexRunner @ 5/20/2018 21:47 commented on Pig

Don't give up!!!  I feel like that a lot, too.  Especially when there's other things in life you gotta take care of.  You always do exceptional work, though!  And that's all because of the time you've put into it.  You've been submitting a lot of bigger and more detailed pieces lately that have been going over really well in the gallery.  They probably take a lot longer than your earlier submissions, but they're so good!  Also, I fear that, in keeping with the updated PJ.com submission rules, this might not get in the gallery unfinished! . That would suck a big one!  I hope you change your mind, but I understand if you don't.  . Keep up the great work!

DexRunner @ 5/20/2018 21:25 commented on Teamwork - An Unlikely Couple

Awesome!  I love the color scheme you ended up using.  Out of all the little details, I'm most impressed with the zippers!  I'm all honesty, I wasn't too sure if I was clear enough with the little things so I'm glad you caught 'em!  Did you know what the reference for the lineart was from or did you go in pixels blazing?

DexRunner @ 5/16/2018 17:33 commented on Buildings

Nice work!  I love textures and brick.  You did a good job with them!  What is the project they're for?

DexRunner @ 5/16/2018 17:31 commented on Princess Zelda apparel

Nice job!  It's tough to reinvent characters, but you did great here.  No doubt because of the good start you had in type default character.  My favorite is the 3rd from the right.  There's something a little cleaner about it than the rest, but it could just be the style.  I'd love to see you reinvent Link or some other characters and see what you come up with. Keep up the great pixels, AutumnSpire!

DexRunner @ 5/16/2018 17:27 commented on Train logo design pixel sketch

Nice and simple!  Great job!  Can you reveal your client or at least the type of business it's for?  I could see this animated, chugging down the track Steamboat Willie style.  Keep up the great work, MetinSeven!

DexRunner @ 5/16/2018 17:23 commented on Portraits

I love portraits, too! And you did a great job on them.  My favorite is the shark second from the bottom left.  They could definitely be for something, like a game.  Do you have names for them?  They don't need names, I just like backstory.  Keep up the great work!

DexRunner @ 5/14/2018 09:16 commented on Dunmer/Dark Elf Woman

Awesome job!  I bet your friend is going love it!  You have such a great style combined with your colour choices.  It's great to see you active.  Hopefully, we see more again from you soon!

DexRunner @ 5/13/2018 11:15 commented on campfire

That's great!  Sometimes the best pieces are the ones soley out of our imagination.  Keep up the awesome works!

DexRunner @ 5/12/2018 19:03 commented on campfire

Great job!  I love the color palette.  I like the little cat/raccoon guy on the right.  What was the inspiration for this piece?

DexRunner @ 5/12/2018 18:41 commented on My first entry

Great job!  Ladybugs are the best!  I understand the contest/deadline/motivation thing.  I hope it gets you going and I can't wait to see more of your work!

DexRunner @ 5/12/2018 18:25 commented on Crescent

I'm with romanticpixels on this one.   There moon looks amazing!  The Earth is a little flat, but it could be the lighting, not the palette and shape choices.  The lighting isn't quite consistent between the Earth and Moon.  Because of how great the moon turned out, I'd consider changing the Earth's lighting to match.  But that's the only issue I thought could improve it.  Great work, MadMage!  Keep it up!

DexRunner @ 5/12/2018 18:09 commented on Cowman

Keep this up, cowboy, and someday... You'll be a cowman.

DexRunner @ 5/11/2018 19:39 commented on The Joy of Pixels - (An Unlikely Couple Teamwork Competition)

Thanks so much!  That means a lot!