DexRunner @ 6/27/2018 04:47 commented on dong trace

Great job!  You can see the yellow in his coat and hat.    Great work!b. Keep it up!

DexRunner @ 6/19/2018 17:22 commented on Lupin

You're gonna make 'em all, right?  Fujiko please!!

DexRunner @ 6/13/2018 19:31 commented on Maul

Uncanny!  I just doodled a Maul in mspaint yesterday and just saw your submission today.  All incarnations are really good and faithful to both the character and your style.  I would've loved to see a concept art style with the neck spikes, but I don't think it's a canon incarnation.  Your take on the full body would be cool too, but that's a lot more time and effort.  Great job!

DexRunner @ 6/13/2018 16:54 commented on Old Blind Dude

You are a true artist then!    And you probably have a great imagination.  That's what happens to me (not that my imagination is so great).  I have so many started projects across so many media that I lose track of the current project I'm working on.  Whether you finish them or not, though, keep starting them and keep up the great work!

DexRunner @ 6/12/2018 17:12 commented on Chinese Woman

@Peyton I'm seeing a young Paul Rodriguez, actually.

@seanjr do you have a link to the original?  It's a great job with the clusters.  To tell the truth, the perfect symmetry might be thrownth it off a little to my eye.  The more I look and soon between 1x and 2x I can see her as Chinese better.  Her hair threw me off a little, too, at first.  It looked a little like a black women with short hair, but I imagined her with a pony tail and that fixed it.  I know she's a reference from a drawing, but I bet some detail of shadow and highlights in her hair could solve some of the issues others might have in recognizing the subject as a Chinese woman.  Maybe the highlights could travel vertically instead of horizontal to indicate longer strands of hair pulled back instead of short buzzed hair.  That's just my 2 cents on what I'm seeing.

Anyway, keep it up and I hope you feel submitting great art like this!

DexRunner @ 6/12/2018 16:52 commented on Old Blind Dude

Hahaa!  Nice! I like him.  Did anything ever become of the game?

DexRunner @ 6/11/2018 13:47 commented on headphones kid

Great!  I look forward to seeing more of them.

DexRunner @ 6/11/2018 13:45 commented on Inkling Sniper

Well, I think you're doing great now! Both in pixeling and your English.  Thank you for answering my question!  I think we all have room to improve, so that's a great goal to keep, no matter how good you get.  It's a nice inspiration to see pixel artists be humble, but still keep trying their best.  Thanks!

DexRunner @ 6/11/2018 13:39 commented on Foggy Cliffs

Great job!  I've been hoping that you'd make a new mock-up soon.  Any plans to animate these?

DexRunner @ 6/11/2018 13:36 commented on Hollow knight

It's very nice and clean!  Great work!

I'm with you. I go through spurts where I don't feel like pixeling for a while. It's a good idea to just do it sometimes, even when you don't feel like it.  Discipline over motivation!  You can do it!

DexRunner @ 6/11/2018 13:31 commented on Mariana

This is really good, Fleja!  Your previews are always amazing, too. They're like their own little pixel submission. It's like you're always giving us a two-for-one deal!

I didn't see it before you added the ripples, but I'm sure it looks that much more alive now. I was trying to figure out how you did it so I zoomed in and finally think I figured it out.  It's kind of similar to my VHS Style pixel submission except it's less random in the horizontal lines you used. I just wanted to let you know how cool it is to have work like yours to examine to help us get better. Thanks and keep up the great work!

DexRunner @ 6/9/2018 21:30 commented on Count of Monte Cristo

"I don't see how this is a bad plan..."  I'm more familiar with the movie to be honest.  Great work though!

DexRunner @ 6/9/2018 21:10 commented on headphones kid

Nice colors!  Are these guys game characters?

DexRunner @ 6/9/2018 21:07 commented on SALVATION IS NEAR

"You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader." - Creed Bratton

DexRunner @ 6/9/2018 20:59 commented on Inkling Sniper

@Zephy I'm assuming these were meant to be placed against a lighter background.  If it were a white or light grey you probably wouldn't notice.  That's my guess anyway.

@Dastal Great job and nice variations!  You have a great and readable style.  I really like your more recent work, but I love some of your earlier pieces.  The colors on Alakazam are amazing!  I'd love to see you revisit that palette.  Are there any techniques you're working on getting better at or are you just pixeling as your imagination grabs you?  Keep up the great work!

DexRunner @ 5/29/2018 09:43 commented on Gangster Bread

This is a delicious holdup!    great job!

DexRunner @ 5/25/2018 10:20 commented on window

That's a great idea!  I don't love doing studies, but I'm always happy I did it afterward.  Getting better only happens when we keep doing it, so I hope you keep doing more!  I look forward to seeing your next submission.

DexRunner @ 5/25/2018 10:07 commented on Chess set 2

What Jackhummer means is he likes the chess set, daddy-o.

And he should!  It's great!  I really like the Kings design.  Keep up the great work!

DexRunner @ 5/24/2018 18:18 commented on window

Really good!  I love the brick textures.  I'm guessing the lighting is on this side of the building.  I think you did a pretty good job of being consistent there.  The only thing that stands out could be some refinement in the cloth on the curtain.   Maybe it could be an opportunity to do some fabric material study.  Other than that, great job!!

Good to see you getting into it again!  How long has it been since you pixeled?    Do you have any other pixel pieces you plan on submitting from before or are you just gonna submit newer ones for now?

DexRunner @ 5/24/2018 17:55 commented on Hole in one

This is great!  It reminds me of a Mitch Hedberg joke: "I like golf, man.  I never got a hole-in-one, but I DID hit a guy.  And that's way more satisfying.  You're supposed to yell, 'Fore!', but I was too busy mumbling, 'There ain't no way that's gonna hit him...'

DexRunner @ 5/23/2018 09:55 commented on Teamwork - An Unlikely Couple

Sorry, I had to fix the hyperlink in my last comment for the character references.  I didn't use one specific picture, but a bunch of different one's combined with movie scenes.

DexRunner @ 5/22/2018 05:36 commented on LIOS

That's great! I'm always trying to look for those little details to figure out the whole scheme.  You as in a lot of them and that always makes your pieces fun!

DexRunner @ 5/22/2018 05:33 commented on Teamwork - An Unlikely Couple

It was from the movie A Christmas Story.  I used to watch it all the time as a kid.  Here's, probably, the most famous scene with the two of them.  It also shows why they're such an "unlikely couple"

DexRunner @ 5/21/2018 17:37 commented on LIOS

That's pretty awesome!  Is he a Yoda type character?  Lios is Gaelic for "area of protection" isn't it?  I bet he'll help you out through the game.  Great job!

DexRunner @ 5/20/2018 22:06 commented on Explosion on the Horizon

Amazing!  I could see this as an opening snes cutscene.  Did you make it for anything in particular?