Ghostbrain @ 10/4/2020 21:17 commented on Pixel-Sprout Layout

taking notes!

Ghostbrain @ 9/8/2020 11:22 commented on Mario Diorama

This is pure unadulterated inspiration, and I thank you for sharing.

Ghostbrain @ 7/9/2020 00:23 commented on The Phantom Squad

Nice

Ghostbrain @ 6/23/2020 20:49 commented on Refinery tiles

No, This is crazay!

Ghostbrain @ 7/5/2019 22:20 commented on Brain Dead

somehow it reminds me of something... :P

Ghostbrain @ 6/21/2019 04:42 commented on Deep Sewers

nice sewer!

Ghostbrain @ 6/18/2019 00:46 commented on Broilers and Bluffs

this kinda reminds me of lemmings, which i like :)

Ghostbrain @ 6/8/2019 21:35 commented on Cheese defense_1

so many colors :S.  Think you've heard this before, but honestly less is more.

Ghostbrain @ 6/8/2019 07:33 commented on wonderfully wobbleness~

just totally in synce with my music playing right now :)

Ghostbrain @ 6/8/2019 02:25 commented on Dark Souls Kinda

I too like reducing color, the gameboy is definitately a good palette to go by, gives that instant nostaligic feel.  Don't get me wrong, I like the readability of this, just some overall small niggles here and there. (as stated in my previous comment)

Ghostbrain @ 6/5/2019 21:39 commented on Minor Stone Golem

I dunno if i hate your style or really love it.  You definitetly have something though :)

Ghostbrain @ 6/5/2019 21:36 commented on Dark Souls Kinda

I prefer the thumbnail myself :).  This looks very experimental to me, there's varying degrees of detail between each character, and not enough perceived distance for the knight/guard above to have more shading, if anything they should have  less shading.  however goatman is good.  Keep at it!

Ghostbrain @ 5/31/2019 10:44 commented on Cheese

freaky eyes indeed

Ghostbrain @ 5/30/2019 23:09 commented on boat and sea

Nice!

Ghostbrain @ 5/30/2019 22:51 commented on Ariana Grande: 7 Rings

good song, like the warped house too.

Ghostbrain @ 5/30/2019 22:49 commented on A personal story

Feel like my atmosphere changed :)

Ghostbrain @ 5/30/2019 22:14 commented on Giorno Giovanna

I think from the source, he had scrawny arms anyway, see https://debatesjungle.fandom.com/wiki/Giorno_Giovanna_(Composite)

Ghostbrain @ 5/30/2019 22:07 commented on Abyssal Dragon

I usually dislike thickening up on lines, but you've done it really well, great work!

Ghostbrain @ 5/20/2019 23:39 commented on Small Present

Also that upscale is way way ott.  Alot of details become just block square colours (at least looking on my phone)

Ghostbrain @ 5/4/2019 03:05 commented on Head Rotation!

Turn around! :)

Ghostbrain @ 3/21/2019 02:23 commented on Okami

you make some really nice stuff.  i love your palette.

Ghostbrain @ 3/8/2019 22:38 commented on Sidhe Quest

Why'd you wait so long to add them here?  These are great, I particulary like this one.  My only gripe is the palette could be easily condensed.  I'm guessing that you have a free flowing technique (ie no color ramps), and sometimes when using an eyedropper tool it may interpret the color incorrectly (could be wrong, but I had a program that seemed to change it's mind on and off).  Quick inspections at the very end just tidy these nuances up, making your work more cohesive and increases the readability.

Ghostbrain @ 3/8/2019 22:17 commented on Switch

Have you minimised an image to make this?  I'm wondering because it's very confusing when looking at something so small with so many colours.  There's alot of varying blacks....

Ghostbrain @ 3/6/2019 11:40 commented on Rat Rider

It looks good and all (kinda makes me think of a hyper real biker mice from mars nightmare), But it's hardly pixel art.   If you read the submissions page, it needs to adhere to the rules.  One of them is control over the color count.  This pic has 8397.  (see link to inspect yourself yanrishatum.ru/pj/ ).  Pixels are precious, and really, intentional placement of each is what makes the medium pixel art, not the end effect.

Ghostbrain @ 3/6/2019 11:08 commented on EXP 02

@vegeta897, it's by no way a fast approach, this was done as a sort of experimental love letter to other pixel artists here, whilst trying to be it's own thing.

I like using (and a bit of abusing) the limitations pixel work.  In general this was done by trying other styles while purposefully imposing rules.  My advice is look closely at other artists here, use some references elsewhere (i.e stuff you like, work gets tedious if it's subject is something you don't enjoy), have some constraints like, scale of image, colour count, and mostly enjoy the rythm of creation.