PixelDust @ 7/21/2020 08:14 commented on Big Bird

I'll still lurk around just as often.

PixelDust @ 3/5/2020 01:03 commented on Boathouse in the jungle

I think he was referring to the detail file (files larger than 100x100) since it used to be just the preview image.

PixelDust @ 2/3/2020 03:02 commented on Dramatic Impaler

Well, I did use photoshops 3d workspace to get the perspective of the tiles down by distorting a 2d checkered pattern, then I indexed that down to 2 colors to get a base to start working of, but aside from that everything else is hand pixeled.

PixelDust @ 1/28/2020 09:48 commented on Big Bird

Yeah, I believe they changed it to help deal with spam.
they also changed the requirements needed to level up if I'm not mistaken.

PixelDust @ 11/18/2019 00:23 commented on Big Bird

I'd like to coin the term Pixel Bigotry or Belligerent Pixel Bigotry (for the more extreme cases)

I honestly don't mind NPA elements that much, as long as the Pixel art underneath is of some quality.
In fact, combining NPA and Pixel Art can give some pretty spectacular results, Duelyst being a great example of this.

But what I do hate is badly rendered Pixel Art that has an otherwise good design (Good Art but bad Pixel Art if you will).

PixelDust @ 9/16/2019 09:04 commented on Portrait of Foogirl

I don't know if I should feel glad for not rating that piece

PixelDust @ 9/14/2019 12:46 commented on Big Bird

I usually use a predefined palette when I start sketching out ideas and that just consist of a simple color ramp of about 6-8 colors, I then double the color count with each rendering step by adding values that fit exactly between two colors.
Most of the colors get replaced/removed at the color correcting phase at the end of each rendering cycle.

The palette I start with and the one I end with is usually different.

Here's an example from the piece I'm currently working on imgur.com/a/MVhxobR the one on the left is the one I started with, Right being the one I'm currently  using.

PixelDust @ 8/18/2019 10:36 commented on You can't handle my potions. they're too strong for you.

You got my vote for the description alone, great work.

PixelDust @ 8/13/2019 09:40 commented on Black Male

I'm guessing that transparency counts towards the max color count?

PixelDust @ 7/18/2019 06:28 commented on American football

Look, Mama, I made it.
Are you proud of me?

Edit: Yes, Yes she is .

PixelDust @ 7/13/2019 10:21 commented on Big Bird

Why? Just 'cause he likes the style of Nazi Germany?
That's kinda bigoted don't ya think, just because one likes a certain style or aesthetic doesn't mean one's complacent with its origins.

Just because someone is, Let's say, fascinated with Serial killers, doesn't mean they'll go around stabbing dogs and smelling babies.

PixelDust @ 7/4/2019 21:36 commented on Big Bird

Just to hop on the bandwagon, I almost exclusively use Photoshop For all my art needs except for animation. For that, I use a program called OpenToonz with its pixel block brush, I've  basically tried all the major art programs out there and I would always recommend Aseprite to people who don't have Photoshop but if you do have Photoshop there's really no need to use any other program aside from a dedicated program for animation, like OpenToonz (although it wasn't really designed for Pixel art so its nowhere near perfect when handling precise colors). but the only reason I prefer OpenToonz over something like Aseprite is the fact that Aseprite doesn't support audio for syncing animations (at least it doesn't to my knowledge) and to my personal style, that is an extremely useful feature to have.

PixelDust @ 7/2/2019 16:56 commented on Space Clouds 2

The original took around 5 hours if I recall, whilst this one was more around 17 - 20 hours.

PixelDust @ 7/2/2019 16:54 commented on Space Clouds 2

I admire your enthusiasm for learning, reminds me a lot of my self around that stage.

PixelDust @ 6/6/2019 10:11 commented on Big Bird

i.imgur.com/gvoHIk4.jpg

This whole illusion stems from the fact that that the object in question is casting 4 shadows due to the way it's shaped (3 coming from the direct light source and the other from the light reflecting off the table which is why you have this really soft feathered shadow as well as much darker core shadows)

The light reflecting off the Wire nut as well as subsurface scattering might play a part in all this as well, but not to an extent of creating a lighter area within a shadow without it turning it a shade of red, and with my attempts at editing the image I found that the lighter area is virtually the same color as the table although a darker shade.

PixelDust @ 6/3/2019 08:54 commented on ...

You're truly a God among the Pixels.

PixelDust @ 6/1/2019 04:22 commented on Incubus

Whoops, I seemed to have uploaded the incorrect file.
I pray that the Pixel Gods shall forgive me.

PixelDust @ 5/29/2019 14:44 commented on Lazy Forest

I thought it was aamatniekss at first.
Good job on this.

PixelDust @ 5/29/2019 14:41 commented on catafest avatar

One of the best pieces of art I've ever seen on Pixel Joint

PixelDust @ 5/21/2019 06:47 commented on RoboCop

Holy Heck Dude

PixelDust @ 1/13/2019 14:14 commented on Big Bird

PixelDust @ 1/3/2019 15:03 commented on Brotherhood

Ah, the Brotherhood.
a Sword that is almost as recognizable as Cloud's Buster Sword.
FF10 probably has the most icon weapons of any FF.

PixelDust @ 1/2/2019 07:59 commented on Big Bird

We should totally have another Pantone color challenge, I really enjoyed that challenge.

PixelDust @ 12/28/2018 07:55 commented on Just Another Sunset Piece

Thanks, that means a lot coming from someone like you.

PixelDust @ 12/28/2018 07:55 commented on Just Another Sunset Piece

Hey, I never claimed not to be a wizard, hehe.