Acherhar @ 7/23/2014 08:52 commented on Boxes 'n Blocks

I think when he described them as boxes and blocks, he didn't mean to imply strictly perfect geometrical cubes. The red and green blocky objects come across as having chamfered or beveled edges, while the blue ones clearly have a front face that extrudes to a point. The boxes and crates are perfectly readable as well. The lighting seems accurate to me, and I also love the vibrant colors, cute piece overall.

Acherhar @ 7/11/2014 09:16 commented on Green Square Thing

I keep wanting to straighten it, as if it were a tilted picture frame... stubborn optical illusion :p

Acherhar @ 6/12/2014 09:55 commented on Tiles Archipelago - 2

Love this! It seems similar in style to the mini-map in Minish Cap, but I prefer the muted color scheme you have.

Acherhar @ 6/4/2014 11:25 commented on Big Bird

RAV and all those involved in the discussion, thank you for elucidating in writing what seems like many others take for granted or simply don't understand. There's been a lot of crap in my life lately and it's very much related to some of what has been discussed recently, namely self-worth, perceptions of self and others, inability to understand foreign viewpoints, projections of one's own problems on situations, the prison of thought, hesitation to create, and the importance of physical interaction or lack thereof. It was refreshing to read some of my own thoughts put in writing and from someone other than myself. Just a little while ago I was staring out my window watching two birds doing what seemed like playing tag, and I couldn't help but sit there and smile like a fool. Then I came here by chance and came across your posts, and it put another smile on my face when I reached the part about a walk in the park on a nice summer day and just enjoying what's around you. So, rather random tangent but thought I'd share anyway.

Acherhar @ 6/3/2014 11:22 commented on blue void

Thank you! And haha, I wasn't even intending to make a pun. Unfortunately I started an entry but couldn't finish it, maybe next time!

Acherhar @ 5/29/2014 08:59 commented on sword island

Aw man this is great, brings back good memeories!

Acherhar @ 5/19/2014 10:31 commented on blue void

Really digging this challenge. I'll see if I can finally sit down and finish an entry, it's been years, and I could seriously use the practice.

Acherhar @ 5/19/2014 07:50 commented on Desolation of Smaug

I recognized the scene immediately, well done in my opinion!

Acherhar @ 4/12/2014 20:03 commented on Avatar

I really, really like how much character and detail this has!

Acherhar @ 4/12/2014 20:00 commented on Foundation

Isaac Asimov?

I very much like the atmosphere in the background as well as the fractal pattern (I'm guessing some kind of gem?) at the bottom. I think the drapery border and the chair frame could benefit from some AA however.

Acherhar @ 3/11/2014 19:01 commented on Heroes and Baddies

So so cute!

Acherhar @ 2/26/2014 19:08 commented on Happy Birthday Jalonso!

Happy birthday! Hope it was memorable and full of cheer

Acherhar @ 2/26/2014 19:07 commented on Big Bird

Happy birthday Jal and Manu! Hope you guys had a great one

Acherhar @ 2/10/2014 20:35 commented on Big Bird

Happy birthday Draz, have a great one!

Acherhar @ 2/7/2014 11:10 commented on Antares

Nice atmosphere!

Acherhar @ 12/19/2013 10:26 commented on Big Bird

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys!

Acherhar @ 12/16/2013 21:59 commented on Pixel-Leafy Snail

This is a fun challenge, I really wish this week was less hectic.

Acherhar @ 12/14/2013 15:05 commented on Big Bird

I have no secret santa, but I am still working on the collab, it's just been so busy with birthdays and holiday checklists since Thanksgiving... I swear I'll finish it soon!

Acherhar @ 12/9/2013 08:27 commented on Big Bird

Happy birthday guys!

Acherhar @ 12/2/2013 21:37 commented on Death Magic

Absolutely wonderful.

Acherhar @ 11/18/2013 14:15 commented on Tileset practicing

It makes me think of a fusion between Pokemon Leafgreen/Firered and the world map from Super Mario World. I think adding shadows to the rest of the objects is a good idea, to keep consistency and make everything pop a little bit more. I feel like the sand/dirt area is a bit too bland, could do with some more spots of weeds or boulders. I like the shoreline, and the buildings are neat. Cute smiley face near the top :P

Acherhar @ 10/17/2013 19:20 commented on In a parallel universe....

This is so neat, though I do find the dog's face a little hard to read. Very, very cool and nice colors!

Acherhar @ 10/15/2013 17:17 commented on Red Dragon Head

Heya, it's fine to use as an avatar! It's just that I believe the general preference is to wait until a piece is complete before it goes through. If you had not said that it was still a WIP, I don't know what would have happened, I don't decide what gets approved or not! As it is, it looks good to me, but I'm sure the whole thing will be better :)

Acherhar @ 10/15/2013 15:15 commented on Robotar

Clean and crisp, neat!

Acherhar @ 10/15/2013 14:06 commented on Medici

Just had a read-through of the WIP thread, wish I was around to see this come together, it's incredibly inspiring to say the least! I would buy this in a heartbeat were it a possibility. So, so beautiful, not only the pixeling, but the topic at hand and the research that went into this.