1ucas @ 10/11/2011 19:48 commented on Jobs in Pixels

To be honest, the mouth and chin look nothing like Jobs. In fact, the lower head reminds me very much of Gandhi, albeit with a larger jaw. Try covering everything above the glasses and you'll see what I mean.

1ucas @ 10/11/2011 08:09 commented on Mermaid

Good points.  I did not catch those mistakes. I made some quick changes (atmospheric fading + some quick simulated reflections), though they're not really all that refined. Unfortunately, I can't really invest more time on this piece, but at least the background stopped bugging me now.

Thank you for the criticism. This is the type of comment I was hoping to get here.

1ucas @ 10/11/2011 06:21 commented on Mermaid

The only thing that remains from the original line art is the tail. Everything else was me. I don't think it's that far-fetched that meat would rot, but the eye patch would remain.  Either way, it's not meant to accurately represent decomposition. ;)

As for the rock, I've tried several styles, but that uniformly rough/eroded look is the one that I managed to do properly. It's also present in a few of the several reference pictures I looked, so I guess it's accurate enough.

1ucas @ 10/9/2011 09:43 commented on Big Bird

I found one such community once, and it seemed rather active. But it was in Japanese.

1ucas @ 10/8/2011 21:49 commented on Halo Kitty: Hunter

Background looks like a color reduction.

1ucas @ 10/8/2011 12:22 commented on Avatar

Um... I don't really understand what this is supposed to be.

1ucas @ 10/7/2011 12:44 commented on Isle of ice and stone II - Mockup's

Agree with Jal. It's good, but some contrast would do wonders here.

Also, the feet just look weird.

1ucas @ 10/7/2011 12:30 commented on Octopus Avatar

It's rather simple compared to the rest of your work.  As it is, it's basically just some flood filled line art.

I think this little guy would look great with some proper shading.

1ucas @ 10/7/2011 06:19 commented on Mermaid

The interface between the water and the rock needs work. I'll probably give it another shot this afternoon.

1ucas @ 10/6/2011 18:32 commented on CaveDucks

Not pixel art. Background and some objects were brushed or textured.

1ucas @ 10/6/2011 18:27 commented on First Art

White backgrounds are note allowed.

1ucas @ 10/6/2011 18:13 commented on Big Bird

It's finally up!

1ucas @ 10/6/2011 04:59 commented on It's all about...

Good job! Looks pretty cool in style, execution, colors and everything else. I'd love to see more in this style.

1ucas @ 10/5/2011 08:10 commented on JMafiaTV Jordan Pixel ART

Gradients, glows and blurs are not valid, unless done by hand.

1ucas @ 10/4/2011 12:59 commented on The Lost Vikings III - Vikings in arms

Holy fucking shit. This is definitely your best work.

1ucas @ 10/3/2011 19:24 commented on Hachi

No kidding. I expect that mistake from the general population, but not from pixel artists. I admit, it's one of my biggest pet peeves.

1ucas @ 10/3/2011 18:09 commented on JMafiaTV Jordan Pixel ART

This isn't a PNG file, it's a XCF file from GIMP. I just looked into the file's contents and it's not pixel art either.

1ucas @ 10/3/2011 10:12 commented on Mario?

Great tiles, but why does the water has a line going through it?

1ucas @ 10/3/2011 02:03 commented on Alien party

Haha, this is awesome! I wish it was larger than that, though.

1ucas @ 10/2/2011 11:39 commented on Lena Avy

Background is not pixel art. Get rid of it or we won't accept it into the gallery.

1ucas @ 10/2/2011 08:31 commented on Walk and slash

Remove the white background, please.

1ucas @ 10/1/2011 13:47 commented on Carrot

You should stop making these solid outlines. Take a read on the topic of selout and try using that. It'll get you on the right path.

Also, the lines inside the carrot shouldn't be as dark as the outlines, and they don't need anti-aliasing the way you did it.

1ucas @ 10/1/2011 10:41 commented on

Please, submit the original, lossless PNG image. This was previously saved as JPEG, there are artifacts in the image.

1ucas @ 10/1/2011 10:40 commented on extra

This was saved as a JPEG before being converted to PNG as well. lease, submit the pieces in the original, lossless format or we will not accept it for the gallery.

1ucas @ 10/1/2011 10:39 commented on tetris02

This was saved as JPEG and then saved back to PNG. We cannot accept it here.