Asfodelo @ 12/29/2017 08:39 commented on Hyper Universe Characters

Amazing style! Love the hard shapes and the vibrant colours <3

Asfodelo @ 12/27/2017 13:44 commented on Merry Yule

Cool style! The use of colour is mesmerising. My favourite part is the three, love the 3Dish feel to it.

Asfodelo @ 12/27/2017 13:39 commented on Knights for Red Pixels Collab

I already checked them out, they are all really cool!

Asfodelo @ 12/16/2017 14:37 commented on Star Wars Tactics Mockup

Sorry, didn't know that! I'm gonna have to revisit it.

Asfodelo @ 12/13/2017 17:27 commented on Don't Get Cooked!

Asfodelo @ 12/13/2017 16:20 commented on Hall of the Lions

This is gorgeous, it really makes me want to know more about this world.

Asfodelo @ 12/13/2017 16:17 commented on Knights for Red Pixels Collab

I'm loving these characters you've been posting!

Asfodelo @ 12/12/2017 13:42 commented on Don't Get Cooked!

Cool work! Love how you manage the bouncing. Also, lovely palette!

Asfodelo @ 12/10/2017 16:32 commented on Urban Teal Bridge

Beautiful work, I can only imagine what must have taken to get that photorealistic feel. I could definitely learn from this, keep it up!

Asfodelo @ 12/10/2017 16:28 commented on bag

That dithering! <3

Asfodelo @ 12/10/2017 12:45 commented on Darth Vader portrait

Yeah, it was you indeed! I don't know, personally I don't feel like it's a lot of improvement, although maybe it looks different from outside. I haven't done a lot of pixel art, but I've watched more of it and seen more styles and techniques. I've tried different things, too, some rather cartoony, others more realistic. Also, I used to use Graphics Gale alone, and now I started throwing some Photoshop as well here and there, especially when defining the palette or tweaking some colours or values.

What I do more often, though, is painting (digitally), and I've noticed working with pixel art has helped me improving in that area, especially when it comes to laying down flat colours and simplifying details. I guess it might work the other way around too, somehow.

For this particular piece I used references, so it was easier, I guess. I would have to try and do something similar without looking at a picture to see how much I have actually improved.

Anyway, thanks a lot! I'm not sure I can properly give advice to others, especially when they're good at it, but if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Asfodelo @ 12/9/2017 16:49 commented on Jumpy Chest

(this was a repost, didn't know how to delete it so I'm just changing it haha)

Asfodelo @ 12/9/2017 16:48 commented on Jumpy Chest

The bouncing works great! Also, I immediately related this to that Dawnbringer's submission before reading, so kudos on that

Asfodelo @ 12/9/2017 16:43 commented on creepy home

Nice detail and use of a limited palette!

Asfodelo @ 12/6/2017 11:53 commented on Male Character

I just love your portraits. The sprites seem actually quite good too

Asfodelo @ 12/6/2017 11:51 commented on Skeleton

Great use of dithering! Simple and effective

Asfodelo @ 12/5/2017 16:10 commented on Upgraded GBA Fire Emblem Archer

Beautiful animation! I used to love the in-game animations, but this is definitely an upgrade. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and process!

Asfodelo @ 12/5/2017 16:06 commented on Arthas

Simply beautiful, love everything about it!

Asfodelo @ 12/3/2017 20:54 commented on Bloodborne Bosses

Awesome stuff!

Asfodelo @ 12/3/2017 20:44 commented on Pixel-doll-Animus-Moon-SECOND

Muy lindo! Recuerdo haberlo visto en algún lado, probablemente en algún grupo de facebook. Me gusta como quedó la animación, bien aprovechados los 8 fotogramas! Muy linda paleta por lo demás.

Asfodelo @ 12/3/2017 06:53 commented on Luca_avatar

Thank you guys!

@Owlfly @Omrii thank you, I struggled a lot with it to get it right, so glad you like it.

@AirStyle I've never felt I'm particularly good with dithering, so I tend to use it scarsely. This whole piece was a challenge for me.

Asfodelo @ 12/3/2017 06:30 commented on Seaside Siesta

Love the subpixel animation, great job!

Asfodelo @ 12/2/2017 17:20 commented on Red Mech

Dang! This is so good, I can almost see it moving! Love the style!

Asfodelo @ 12/2/2017 16:43 commented on Seedsong Characters

@Dyluckk Thanks! Glad you liked it

Asfodelo @ 12/2/2017 16:42 commented on Slice of Catalyst

Don't know what your game is about, or if it will ever come out, but I can say this looks like something I'd like to play.